Baronial Decree #8

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

Baronial Decree #8

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

*Baron H4773r 3lfs0n Himself walks down the srtreets of Lune Villa from the Baronial estate all the way to Stagg Square, a large prosession of Hell Calmers, Jabberwock mounted gaurd, Elsenar Sherpas and Cap'n Knappy with Jubbles on his back.

H4773r reaches the square and steps up onto the soaopbox so often used by the Herald and the many preachers, religious and secular, who reserve it for sermons.*

Here me Vorpmadal!!

Today we recognize a great man!

In our Capitol to the west, there is turmoil and stagnance! a contradiction only possible in our great Empire. As many of you may have heard while I was gone there was a coup and now it has been restored.

This is true!

Our own Count Baldwin Plantagenet-Julii of Kaikias sought the Mango Throne in order to bring this nation out of the grip of Meskan and Bring about a new order, promoting activity and a postion of temperance to other nations.

Due to inciters who are NOT EVEN OFFICIAL CITIZENS, ill timing, no support, and the need to get things done as opposed to being tactfull, was usurped, self exiled, and not seen since in our lands.

I CRY FOUL!!!!

In a nation where rebellion and inane acts of retardedness ar seen as visionary actions we ESTRANGE one who would seek to do odd things for the betterment of our Empire?

What I have said may bring about Ill things for me, my people. But I know that you shall preserve, with or without me. So I tell you now, Fear not for my welfare, should i be ostracized, demoted, or even exiled, I have lands of my own far from here, and would be content to never return to Shireroth knowing I spoke for what i beleived was right and just.

So, getting to the point!

We, Baron H4773r 3lfson of Barony Vorpmadal hereby create The Order of the Vorpal Blade!

Within The Vorpal Order, as it may be known in short, There shall be three ranks.

Elder Gaurd- the highest rank of the Vorpal Order

Rook Sentry- the second highest rank of the Vorpal Order

Deziple ov teh Odd- the first rank of the Vorpal Order

The Order of The Vorpal Blade is henceforth Charged with the protection of Vorpmadal, Its well being, and the preservation of its unique character, and, those of the Elder Gaurd are protectors of the Baron Himself.

I hereby grant Cap'n Knappy, for unwavering service and constant amusement Elder Gaurd in The Order of the Vorpal Blade.

I hereby grant Gman Russel, for constant visiting and being our brother in Cedrism Deziple ov teh Odd, the only rank of the Vorpal order allowed to give to non-citizens of Vorpmadal.

AND FINALLY, in recognition for UNparralled acts of heroism, devotion, and vision, we give to our most faithfull count Baldwin Plantagenet-Julii the rank of Elder Gaurd.

Thank you Vorpmadal, Vorpmadal Thanks you.
Last edited by H4773r 3lfs0n on Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

Kaiser Meskan II

Post by Kaiser Meskan II »

Due to inciters who are NOT EVEN OFFICIAL CITIZENS, ill timing, no support, and the need to get things done as opposed to being tactfull, was usurped, self exiled, and not seen since in our lands.
...you do know that Osmose was the one who gave him the idea in the first place, correct?
By my hand,
His Niftiness, Meskan, Second of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Overlord of the Duchies of Kildare, Naudia’Diva, and Northold, Overlord of the Baronies of Elwynn and Vorpmadal, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

H4773r 3lfs0n

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

i rightfully named him as an inciter did i not? and this isnt the only thing hes done that irks me.

Kaiser Meskan II

Post by Kaiser Meskan II »

What, other than the fact that the citizens did not want a bill of rights? :p Or the fact that the charter had been replaced rather than amended like it is supposed to? That was what made me far more angry than the other reforms that he had done. Actually, what had made me FAR more angrier was his reactions later on. I did not punish him other than removing from his positions, which honestly wasn't that big of a punishment. What he had done was technically treason, and another Kaiser would have permanently banned him from Shireroth and ostrocized his supporters from the nation.

Unfortuanatly there's a terrible flaw in your argument - while rebellions are a part of Shireroth, they have always traditionally been consentual. There has never been a non-censentual rebellion against the Kaiser in Shireroth. The only one which can possibly get close to that would be Kaiser Mog I, and the overthrowing of him was staged and thus consentual. It has been illegal since forever for the Kaiser to not be allowed to be overthrown unless it was consentual - it's a check on the power of rebellions, which in generally are made for RecWar purposes, rather than more serious ones. I'll admit that he did what he had to do, especially since I was in a huge depression which I am only now recovering from. (Gods, I'm beginning to feel like Erik here, but it's my own fault.)

While I did allow people to overthrow their own nobles, this is not true with the Kaiser. Stability requires there to be a peaceful change in power, not a violent one, which has the possibility that would destroy the nation. In the end, what Baldwin did was a good thing, because he sparked activity in the nation once again, including my own. That doesn't make everything that he has done right, however. He had the support of the citizenry until he was placing democracy into the nation. By "democracY" I mean a liberal democratic system, one in which does not fit in Shireroth at all. Even a simple direct democracy would fit more than a bill of rights with rights endowed by a deistic creator in a nation with a state religon and main minority religon which are both polytheistic.

Go ahead and support Baldwin - that's fine, heck, create a political party - but just note where I am coming from. I'm not going to declare you a traitor or anything, but I'm just kind of on edge right now with two freaking rebellions on my hands already.
By my hand,
His Niftiness, Meskan, Second of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Overlord of the Duchies of Kildare, Naudia’Diva, and Northold, Overlord of the Baronies of Elwynn and Vorpmadal, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

H4773r 3lfs0n

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

Bill, I never blamed you, and I am honeslty sorry to hear about your depression and am gratefull you are are recovering. Mental instabilities seem to ba a blessing and bane of geeks and those of supperior intellect (just a loose observation before anyone decides to make a THING about it)

And as to say I have flaws in my argument is an understatement, I blatantly recognize what i did was out of pure emotion and i justify this act by the fact that it doesnt directly effect anyone not named in the decree.

To be frank, I have no intentions of rebelling or revolting because who would revolt with me? what for? and to what aim? me being Kaiser?! Being Kaiser is alot like being president, it only means ALOT of power, not supreme power and should be held by someone who knows how to wield it. I shiver just seeing that sentence and would never be kaiser willingly unless the whole freakin nation asked me too, and even then Id delegate like nobodies business. and you know what i say to being Kaiser? BAH!! if it got so bad that i couldnt sit in here and do what ive been doing for the last half a year then i will simply leave seeing as that is the most crippling thing that can be done to a micronation.

Also, I dont give a FLYING RAT FUCK about politics. If you havent noticed I come to Shireroth for escapism, just as i play D&D, Wow, and partake of other geeky activities because I dont like my real life, and politics of the sort that run rampant in thre Kaiser's court right now, the landsdraad, front gate and anything involving recwars. I avoid them.

When I came to Shireroth it was an Empire, unique, i was apointed a county i could run rampant in and was happy. there were higher ups and i was blissfully subserviant because at that time i considered the kaisers adept, and knowledgable. when Greg abdicated i was crestfallen because none i thought COULD be Kaiser asked to be Kaiser.

Also, To me anyway, there was the beautiful underlying of fraternity that gave the vibe that we were all taking care of each other and even though wed have conflicts we would preserve, because shireroth is a family.

I also dont like reading disgustingly long posts that arent entertaining so i will leave what i have and let you reply because something tells me you will.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

My dear Baron--

I, too, look to Shireroth for fraternity, silliness and escapism. I have found many friends here, hopefully, yourself included. It's hard to imagine I first began reading the Shireroth fora to find out what weird group my daughter had been captured by, but I have found it to (mostly) be very worth my time and the effort it takes to be active here.

Anyone who comes to Shireroth has his or her own reasons, but by remaining active and interested, and by contributing what each can to the life of this nation, Shireroth thrives. Baldwin shared with many of us a concern for the nation's health, and I don't condemn what he did, just his and Moose's judgment. It turned out that this was probably the one thing that could snap Bill out of his moods and make him realize the leaderless and rudderless nation couldn't survive long without a clear direction. He also had some very interesting ideas, many of them worth implementing.

I hope you and Baldwin and Cap'n Knappy realize that your particular brand of lunacy and imagination is exactly what we need here--it livens things up when we most need it. And if things get a bit out of hand once in a while, that's just a chance we have to take. Keep up the good work.

Yours in friendship,

Carol, Baroness of Lumina's Light[/list][/code]

H4773r 3lfs0n

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

Thank you Baroness Carol, you are as wise as you are fair, I never doubted where Duchess Hypatia gets her better traits.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I thank you, kind sir.

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

My Lord, Temporal and Feudal, I kneel and kiss your signet ring, and I do gratefully accept this award. It is my honor to serve Vorpmadal.

As for you, Bill: generally, when someone's accepting an award, it's considered polite to let them accept it, applaud, and wait to make bitter protestations later on. :p
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

WolvinX84

Post by WolvinX84 »

The proper forms were not obeyed.

:-)
Count of Modan-Lach
Let the dream of confusion lead you into the virgin light.

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Return to “The Saran Isles”