Return of the Sherpas

Cap'n Knappy

Return of the Sherpas

Post by Cap'n Knappy »

(Knappy and Jubbles wait patiently in the middle of nowhere at a booth flying a banner that reads "Sherpa enlistment here")

Just a matter of time, Jubbles, my friend.... Just a matter of time.....

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

As Knappy and Jubbles stand, hopefully, behind the kiosk, a helicopter is heard in the distance. As it approaches the distant, rugged mountaintop, it's appearance is revealed: medium-class, painted black, with the Kaikian banner painted on the side. When it touches down--its propellors nearly blowing the stand over--three strange figures step out. The two in the back throw off their dark, hooded cloaks, revealing themselves to be none other than H4773r 3lfs0n, the Baron of Vorpmadal, and Baldwin, Count of Kaikias (all other titles reserved but abridged in order to save space.) The one in the front is a pale youth with an overeager look on his face and tousled copper hair.
Baldwin clears his throat and indicates the mischievous, weasly-looking boy. "Knappy, Jubbles, this is my cousin, Alataen Campoagniferio. He's a squire at my palace in Neronea, practicing to join the Imperial Door-Wardens--" here, Baldwin leans in close, and whispers, "I keep him around because he has the same blood-type as me*"--"and I think it'll do him some good to spend some time with regular people, and learn of hardship--he's led the life of a noble brat for far too long."
This time, it is Hatter's turn to speak. "Besides, he's a real nuisance," pronounces the baron, not feeling the need to make a secret of his feelings, "and he tags around Baldwin too much. With all the time the Minsiter hangs around my manor, I can't have this little punk screwing up the place. So, we're giving him to you, to teach him some manners and, primarily, get him out of my hair."
"Errr...right!" says the Minister, hastily. "Anyway, he's yours, have him sign the papers, I can't be held responsible--byes!" He and the Baron then hop back into the helicopter and take off before anyone can protest.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

As Baldwin and H4773r fly off in the chopper H4773r starts chuckling..

"HA! good one Baldwin, "normal" people. what a hoot. One of them traded elf like powers for the form of a sloth. he should do fine though.

after the Sherpa training we can send him to Baroness Carol and have him learn how to be gypsie-pirate-ninja... thing... how rich."
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

"Speaking of rich," chuckles Baldwin, "think of how much money we'll make after he falls into some unfathomable crevasse and I inherit everything."
The Baron laughs. "We," he corrects. "We inherit everything. Don't forget, you promised me 25% if I helped out."
"Er, of course!" Baldwin corrects, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yes. I meant 'we'!" The baron bore a look that said, "Riiiiight." "In any case," continued the Minister, "I'll be able to buy back my good china from those greasy Babkhans down the street--how DARE Delphi empound my dinnerware, and then pawn it to pay his horce racing debts! And then, he had the fual to force me, and my guests, to eat off of Wal-Mart plates."
"Ahh...yeah," said the Baron, hastily busying himself with a Sudoku puzzle.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Return to “The Saran Isles”