Baronial Decree #5

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

Baronial Decree #5

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

I have spent numerous hours pouring through archives and given myself headaches trying to make sense of every post from Mynation, Appalonia, and on into Goldshire concerning Lunaris (which proved a tedious task since so many of our ancestors are war mongers).

Therefore, I hereby decree, unless a higher ranking official orders it, or someone else gives a good reason otherwise, that

All history not alluded to in my Barony, that which was established by currently active members, and of course anything on the wicky, IS NO LONGER RECOGNIZED AS HISTORY!

i have allowed two plus months for people to come by and put in opinions and tell me what they loved about barony Kildare but nobody really showed up... soooooo

my statement stands and this decree will go into full affect by the end of the month.

By My H47
.............[+]
Baron H4773r 3lfs0n
Last edited by H4773r 3lfs0n on Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

H4773r 3lfs0n

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

*bump*

I need people to read this..... please reply

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

This looks fine to me.
National Picketer
Hypatia's Mom's Daughter
M.I.A.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Severe objection.

First of all, it's Apollonia. Second of all, your history is a result of things after Kildare joined Shireroth. Declaring that the offical fictional history of a part of Kildare, devoted to including real history as well as the previous fictional history of Apollonia previous to its annexation, is destroyed, is against the entire principle as to why I am in Shireroth in the first place, not including against the principles of Soloralism and Antya.

I don't mind you do this with Lunaris proper, that which is in Goldshire, but the parts of your duchy that is in Apollonia (Kildare proper) is another story altogether. There is real history regarding MyNation, and my devotion in Shireroth is making an offical.

And yes, I'm notreally devoted right now, considering the fact that I ahve other stuff to do (Called "homework", "Praetor", "MCS", "The current incident with Tgoath," "Soloralism", "Control of Destiny"), but that doesn't stop the fact that my entire purpose here was to bring the Apollo culture back.

Otherwise you are going to have to relinquish your control over MyNation and any territory that is former Blackrock.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Does he even control any of MyNation or old Blackrock right now? The county of Blackrock, at least, isn't controlled by anyone.

And actually, Bill, I see your point and agree. H4773r, lease keep the fictional history purge to only Lunaris. You don't have to incorporate the stuff from before your time, but it's a good thing to at least be respectful that it is there. That is generally the approach I've used in Kildare, and one of the reasons I really havn't expanded Kildari culture as a whole, because there's an incredibly diverse and long history. I like trying to keep the cultural development to a county level, and then bringing those counties together.
National Picketer
Hypatia's Mom's Daughter
M.I.A.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Does he even control any of MyNation or old Blackrock right now? The county of Blackrock, at least, isn't controlled by anyone.
On the map, I put Bray (A Blackrock city) in the North Halluci area for diversity reasons. (e.g. a purpose to that territory pre-Kildare with less of a need to make things up) Remember that the territory was part of Blackrock Nua originally.

MyNation was placed in Eastern Kitanus for similar reasons, although there was more of a reason - the Demesosian-Blackrock partision of the territory, which would make sense if it bordered both nations in the past. (Demesosia is east of Kitanus, not owned by Shireroth)
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Matt will LOVE to hear Mynation still lives on. He never actually intended for it to be taken seriously! :D
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

H4773r 3lfs0n

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

thank you both, i was looking for replies such as these.

I hereby proclaim decree #5 null and void and will be reassesing the history and culture of Vorpmadal.

please calm down bill. I put up the decree to get some answers because there is ALOT that i dont know and i cant really find alot of the answers by digging around in the archives. there's WAY to many topics, undocumented AIM conversations lost to the sands of time and various EZ-issues.

when anyone can... little by little, i need help establishing a constant history for these lands. and as per similar easons to those bill listed, i cant do this all on my own. I will pick away at it little by little but i can only do so much.

thank you again for your outcries. but also keep in mind the need to go through one's old effects and clean up. It is important to have a past, remember where you come from, yes! but the little McDonalds toys, the pictures out of magazines that look cool... these need to be thrown out, moved to keep things neat and make room for books and collectibles that will survive for a long time.

Simply, I like consistancy and am seeking to compile a continual history of the lands under my control through reposting of history and re-writting a mish mash of posts and confused suggestions.
Last edited by H4773r 3lfs0n on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

Eeegh, this reminds me of my early time in Baracao. Getting slammed for stepping on toes and disturbing vested interests that seemed almost deliberately hidden.

In the words of Evgeni Evtushenko, "truth dissolves into silence, and silence is a lie". And if proper histories aren't being organised but merely trusted to the memories of a select few witnesses, it may aswell not exist.

Not that I'd want to wipe history, quite the opposite. Those with the keys to the basement need to use them, and bring all this out into the light. It is after all the duty of the old to defend their history, rather then the duty of the new to study things they don't even know exist.

And if workload issues etc. are delaying the process, it's only fair to expect young'ins to come in and tread all over everything in the meantime. Break it to 'em gently...
:document
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

Return to “The Saran Isles”