A Bave New Barony Is Named....

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

A Bave New Barony Is Named....

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

so, im a few minutes late, sorry. but ive been racking my brain for good stuff and this is what ive got.

As i am wont to do when i come across "history" that has been established and even reviered, i enjoy being able to incorporate traditions into my worlds. (Tolkien and Lovecraft among D&D setings to name a few influences) So i sought a hybrid of Kitanus, Kildare, and Lunaris. the majority to do with insanity, celtishnis, and the moon. but such a hybrid resulted in names that sound like the origional with 2 changed letters. So, i came up with something new.

-Barony of Toreador (Salvador Dali did a painting called "hallucinagenic toreador" [lunies anyone?] and a clan from Masqurade who enjoy "beauty" ["artsy fartsy" Lunaris])

-Barony of Vorpmadal or Barony of Laprovdam (a combination of Vorpal and mad from C. S. Lewis influences, obvious choices if my name hadnt already tipped anyone off.)

- Barony of Mavakeil or Barony of Makaleiv (when i thuoght about crazies and that toreador clan from vampires i remembered the malkavians and then that bad in spanish is mal and head is calbesa but sounds to me like keil. also, machavellian is a fun, twisted way of thinking. so.... a mixture of influences)

Thats what I've compiled. I will almost definitely add some more. please submit a few if you have ties to the land but i will make a decision before wednesday. thank you.

[+]
H4773r
Last edited by H4773r 3lfs0n on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

The Barony of Toreador would have alot more in common with Goldshire then with Kildare, honestly (as the last dutchess before Goldshire's diminished state was a VtM player and a toreador. So, well, yeah. Nah.

The other two just dont work for any other area but Lunaris. Lunaris is... well, loony, but Kitanus is legendary for their mastery of the forms and arts of war, and Kildare is very much still D&D influenced thanks to Joe's influence. I would name it something having to do with insanity, moons, and medival warfare.
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

ooooh, well, i honestly havent researched Kitanus in the 18 hours ive been baron, so well, and for ten of those hours ive been asleep, so i,ll check in on that.

still waiting for our duches to give yell, but still cranking on it, thanks angel
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

I am but at your request m'lord. *bows*
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I like Vorpmadal, actually. It's weird, but then again it fits the combination of counties you now have. Old Hallucination has some mythical creatures (especially dryads) and is sort of influenced by Narnia, in addition to being at least partially insane. I don't know the culture of the Kitanus Fields, unfortunately, though I could probably ask Joe about it.

Oh, and Bill is complaining that you need to write up a baronial contract. I suggest something simple, and I think all involved parties should approve of it before making it final.

Return to “The Saran Isles”