Focán set to sign for Swifts

Runs Shireroth's soccer league and represents the nation in international play.

Moderator: Tarekseev

Tarekseev

Focán set to sign for Swifts

Post by Tarekseev »

Syrelwynn Swifts have looked to win the race in signing Sébastien Focán, after the player's agent has publicly stated that the former Alexandrian captain rejected contracts from Imperial United and Mortis Mercatoria. The 32 year-old midfielder, who has yet to been confirmed as a signing by the Swifts themselves is thought to have welcomed a reunion with manager Francisco Gutiérrez, where the pair won the 2007 and 2008 Riponian Premier League in addition to the EMUFA Champions League and Super Cup. Since then, Focán has also led his national side Alexandria to World Cup victory in 2009. This also indicates that Focán has rejected contracts from Vecchiacittà Calcio and Romero Sport from Tellia in addition to the two Shirerithian clubs named above.
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative
Primeminister of the Dominion of Incontinentia, Cräiteland.

Craitman

Re: Focán set to sign for Swifts

Post by Craitman »

The Syrelwynn Swifts have confirmed the signing of Sébastien Focán. The midfielder has been handed the previously-vacant number eight shirt, which Focán used to wear during his time as Alexandrian captain, and has also been named as club captain for the new season.

"If there's any manager I know that knows how to win, it's Francisco [Gutiérrez]. I can tell I'm coming to the right club." Focán said of the deal. "The others clubs in Shireroth I spoke to expected me to play either defensive midfield or on the wing, which doesn't suit my play. The Swifts said they will allow me to play in the more attacking role that I favour."

Return to “Shirerithian Association Football League”