Robins sign up 3 transfers

Runs Shireroth's soccer league and represents the nation in international play.

Moderator: Tarekseev

Tarekseev

Robins sign up 3 transfers

Post by Tarekseev »

Imperial United are pleased to confirm the signings of Talsin Llwrran, Alexei Emir and Zig Cee on free transfers.

20 year old Llwrran was formerly out of contract. A former Shirerithian wonderkid prospect, the right winger signed for Tellian side FC Fiorecittà back in 2006 as a schoolboy; however due to the competitive level of the Tellian league, his reputation faltered which eventually left to his release 2 years ago. With 2 caps to his name, Llwrran was one of the youngest and inexperienced players picked for the world cup qualifiers earlier this year; however the Robins have remained faith in their player by deciding to bring him to the capital.

Upon given his new number 10 shirt, the young midfielder said during a press conference, "this new league gives me hope to play in my home country and hopefully it will also give me a chance to prove that I have developed instead of being false hope."

If it's false hope the midfielder is worrying about, another problem will be his defensive game - that is according to his manager Jean Alexandre Martin, who also hinted of deploying Llwrran as a advanced central midfielder. The 47 year old manager from Alexandria said, "For me, the problem with Talsin is his defending. It is clearly obvious that he can not mark very well or perhaps he's scared of tackling some player: maybe I have to think of playing him in a more forward position."

This comes as a shock to many players, who believe that manager Martin may play a defensive game to the style of many Alexandrian teams.

Other signings include forward Alexei Emir, an ex-plumber. The manager seemed to be impressed with the forwards efforts against Tellia when playing for his native side Incontinentia. Martin added, "It is hard to play for minnows, but he showed that despite being a part-timer he can still score. He may not be as fit as the rest of the team, but he may still play a part at the club."

The final signing, also on a free was Zig Cee. A regular in the Novatainian squad, the 25 year old seems to be a positive boost to the side and looks set to be the the new captain of the side. The defensive midfielder said, "I am pleased to join Imperial United and be involved with the establishment of the new league in Shireroth."

Despite the positive signing of Cee, former world cup Shirerithian international Shaun Illinois-Watkins has expressed concerns with the signing. "He may be a big signing, but he is not the player many people think he is," said the former midfielder capped 15 times for Shireroth. He added, "If you look at Zig Cee at Port Rackham Rangers, he was in a winning team but was always on the bench. To add to that, every time he was on and in every tackle he went in, I was thinking he was going to get a red card. I won't be surprised if he picks up the award for the most bookings this season."

Regardless of the mixed responses of transfers, Jean Alexandre Martin has undoubtedly made some additions to bolster his squad ahead of the season.
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative
Primeminister of the Dominion of Incontinentia, Cräiteland.

Return to “Shirerithian Association Football League”