SAFL - New Logos & Explanation on Developments

Runs Shireroth's soccer league and represents the nation in international play.

Moderator: Tarekseev

Tarekseev

SAFL - New Logos & Explanation on Developments

Post by Tarekseev »

New SAFL Logo:

First day in charge, and I've noticed that there are a lot of things that need to be done especially within the SAFL. Of course, statistically I already notice a problem. Shireroth have only qualified once in the World Cup in 2008. Shireroth as a unit did well and managed to progress past the first round before losing to Bobalania in the Quarter Final knockout stages. However only qualifying once in 4 years of FMF is rather appauling, so there's a slight itch wanting to set the record straight.

Obviously Shireroth has been fairly isolated from this FMF thing in general, but it's time to take a big break. Now administrating the SAFL, Shireroth will see changes to its sporting side, with a lot of drastic changes. I understand that there have been unsuccessful attempts to get this league to work, and that is another record to set straight. Shireroth is a large micronation and a historic one; and I personally believe its size and stature does not reflect on its performance. To the west of us on Micras is Tellia. Tellia, a former world cup finalist have also hit troubled times, but they are going into a world cup with a young squad. That is what we must do from now on.

Primary Targets for SAFL
- To establish a new professional league system to benefit both players and Shireroth.
- To widen participation and develop grassroots - develop more players and keep them in Shireroth instead of allowing other teams from other micronations taking them. It should always be encouraged to also look into foreign talent, although the primary issue is to develop association football within Shireroth.
- To develop a team for future world cups.

Obviously, the aim Shireroth have to aim for is to win a World Cup in the forseeable future. However in order to do this, we need a good national team to qualify. And in order to do that, we need to develop a new structure for our league.

SAFL: New League System

Because of the large size of Shireroth on Micras, we obviously have a big problem with match playing in a simulationist point of view. As a result of this there will be a new tournament in place to deal with this obstacle. May I present you the Pro Soccer League, otherwise known as the PSL.

The PSL will consist of two conferences, a Western and Eastern conference, based on the real life MLS. There will be 8 teams, which will be split into four teams in each conference depending on their geographical locations on Micras. Each team will play six games within their conference, with the top two from each tournament progressing to the playoffs.

The playoffs will then be a knockout stage to win the PSL, with all games being played in Shirekeep National Stadium where the national team play. After four becomes two and two becomes one, we will have an eventual winner. In future, should it become ultra-competitive then we shall look to methods of relegation and promotions, but for now we shall stick with the one league.

For the first season, the PSL will be sponsored by CräiteAuto and should be able to generate enough funds for several broadcasts throughout the season. We will try and get as many broadcasts available as possible; however it is not guaranteed apart from the final and such, so we will have to depend on match reports.

League Applications, Priorities and Rules:

Applicants will be ranked in priority. Shirerithian citizens will be given priorities in fielding a team in this area. Should we come into a situation where not enough teams fill up the league, then we will look elsewhere. The second level of priority will be location. Obviously do not want 5 teams in Brookshire and 3 in Yardistan or something ridiculous. What we are looking for is a list of diversely spread teams across the whole of Shireroth.

An application form will be posted later on information on how to apply and what to include in your applications. This should be fairly straight forward. Should there be a stage where we have too many applicants, the priority ruling will apply.

In addition to all these rules, there will be certain restrictions to team players and transfers. The first one is essential for Shirerithian development in the sport: 6+5 Ruling. This rule means that 6 of the 11 players starting in any PSL team must be Shirerithian. This is to make sure Shirerithian players get maximum exposure and can develop their talents. In addition to this, each team will be allocated a transfer fund of Cr25million each season. The reason we use Craitish currency is to be on parallel with transfers from other leagues. The funds can also be used to buy foreign players from foreign clubs as well as other football clubs within Shireroth should both teams come to an agreement. Buying any foreign player can only be possible if they have international experience, otherwise they will not be given SAFL clearance to play in our league, NOTE: This does not include loaning players: you are more than likely to be granted SAFL clearance for a loan player should they come from a Top 16 FMF ranked micronation.

Furthermore, teams are allowed to have 3 loans per season, and 6 intermicronational transfers. There are no restrictions on transfers within Shireroth. In addition to this, every season will include a young player draft. This will include a draft of 16 new players, which will be assigned to clubs. The minimum player fee per draft is Cr1 million. This means each team within the PSL will need to manage their transfer funds instead of splashing it all on expensive transfers. Each team will need to pick 2 players from each draft.

This concludes the information you will need to know. An application form will be made available shortly for teams to apply.
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative
Primeminister of the Dominion of Incontinentia, Cräiteland.

CJ Miller

Re: SAFL - New Logos & Explanation on Developments

Post by CJ Miller »

How would a company go about becoming a sponsor of the PSL?

Tarekseev

Post by Tarekseev »

No real requirements as of yet although it will develop into how it will benefit both parties. Obviously CräiteAuto is also involved in FI, so promotion for PSL and CräiteAuto works both ways. Other than that, it's really a shabby title at the moment really and purpose will need to be developed further as sponsorship changes (which should change after the first season should it become successful).
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Blahdidah...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

Can you explain a little of the nuts and bolts here? I assume games are run using a computer program? How does the program work? Is there some advantage to using our $25 million fund to buy foreign players - like does the program randomly assign some players "really good" status and give more victories to whatever team holds them?

Also, Shireroth has an internal economy, and Andreas, our Minister of Trade, is always looking for new ways to use it. I know that the international league uses Craitish as a standard, but is there any way we can set the Shirerithian league so that people can spend real money (well, real fake money) to gain some kind of advantage? Like if I invest 500E in the Hyperborean soccer team, I can get better players and be more likely to win? I think that'd add an extra layer of interest, and if you helped Andreas increase the depth of the econ simulation he would love you forever. Of course it's your league and if that would be too much trouble for you I understand.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Oh gods, why soccer... :(
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Mike, being an asshole somewhere else. This is kinda cool.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I know, but why 'soccer'... :(
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Because it's a fun sport, popular and ... we have the software for it?

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

THE NAME FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! It's called football.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

"Soccer" is short for "association football". It's just another way of saying the same thing.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Still called football. Just because some people want to call sports where you CARRY THE BALL IN YOUR HANDS football.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Tarekseev

Post by Tarekseev »

Kaiser Ikol II wrote:Can you explain a little of the nuts and bolts here? I assume games are run using a computer program? How does the program work? Is there some advantage to using our $25 million fund to buy foreign players - like does the program randomly assign some players "really good" status and give more victories to whatever team holds them?

Also, Shireroth has an internal economy, and Andreas, our Minister of Trade, is always looking for new ways to use it. I know that the international league uses Craitish as a standard, but is there any way we can set the Shirerithian league so that people can spend real money (well, real fake money) to gain some kind of advantage? Like if I invest 500E in the Hyperborean soccer team, I can get better players and be more likely to win? I think that'd add an extra layer of interest, and if you helped Andreas increase the depth of the econ simulation he would love you forever. Of course it's your league and if that would be too much trouble for you I understand.
Right, conversion ratings will go from 1E = 500 000 (2E = 1 Million) so you can add additional funds. Transfers will be monitored and confirmed in this forum, as they will need SAFL clearance first. This allows further funds towards each team. I don't know how to take this off the ShireBank so I'm going to have to speak to Andreas first. As for the players, in the application form you will see that there will be a requested player list. These requested player lists will all start off on the same player rating; as their form improves, their ratings will get higher because they are playing better. If they suddenly have a bad run of games, their rating will go down. As for player drafts, all these players will have similar ratings, although they will have different qualities which may benefit your team.

Foreign team players will usually vary. For example, Cräiteland are ranked 2 on Micras but in their league a player from a high ending team like Sverige Tiem/Cherry Trees FC is classified as world class and someone from Kealb may be fairly average. It will be much more difficult to try and sign quality players from other places. So it might be worth trying to trade which each other.

Each season will include a Young Player Draft; however this season along with that will be an International Player Draft. This will mean former Shirerithian National Players can be picked off the draft by each team, thus merging two into one. So their ratings will also generally be higher due to their experience.
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

So American...

You should register an SAFL account in the bank.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Tarekseev

Post by Tarekseev »

Malliki Tosha wrote:So American...

You should register an SAFL account in the bank.
So....I dunno?

Erm, there seems to be a problem registering a company bank acc, shall I just create it as personal?
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

Still called football. Just because some people want to call sports where you CARRY THE BALL IN YOUR HANDS football.
Football has nothing to do with what part of your body you touch the ball with. It was originally named because it was played on foot, as opposed to older sports which were played on horseback. It's perfectly legitimate to call association football something else to avoid confusion with rugby, American football, Gaelic football, and all the other sports that have been called "football" at one time or another.

Tarekseev

Post by Tarekseev »

Kaiser Ikol II wrote:
Football has nothing to do with what part of your body you touch the ball with. It was originally named because it was played on foot, as opposed to older sports which were played on horseback. It's perfectly legitimate to call association football something else to avoid confusion with rugby, American football, Gaelic football, and all the other sports that have been called "football" at one time or another.
Exactly. Although I call it Football personally, due to Shireroth having citizens from different nations in the macroworld, it is best to call it association football so everyone can kind of understand. Besides, if I had my way, it'd be called calcio or fútbol :P.
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Do I have to put a fucking smilie after it so you get that it's tongue-in-cheek?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Tarekseev

Post by Tarekseev »

No really. Why? Do you think you need to?
Ramazan Tarekseev,
FMF Representative

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Apparently because Scott felt the need to explain a sport to me that I've lived with for 20 years.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Shireroth generally avoids American culture at all costs. You could call it Football and folk will be pleased to call it that.

And what's the issue with making the account? (I can always change it later if you need to make it a personal account).

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

It's called soccer in the US, Canada, Australia and some other places no one cares about. And the rest says football.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

I dunno. Kaiseress Anandja I started a thread called Who wants to be a soccer league manager, and I hear she was Swedish.

Return to “Shirerithian Association Football League”