Idea:

A center for Shireroth's established religion, Cedrism
Shyriath

Idea:

Post by Shyriath »

It occurs to me that, in the Divine Census, nowhere is there listed a God of the Sea. There are a few with connections TO the sea:Quote:Ari: The Dolphin-God of Unix and Laziness. Only god that can accually EAT the Fish of Balgurd.Quote:Sakat: The Squid-God of Time, Patron God of HistoriansQuote:Mo'll:God of Wildfires, Rain and Agriculture.(Well, he's connected to rain, and rain is connected to rivers, and rivers to the sea, so that's less direct.)But there are no Gods or Goddesses of the sea itself, and there really ought to be one. Let the name of K-K-Kph-kree, Sperm-Whale-God of the Sea, be added to the Divine Census!

Scott Alexander

Re: Idea:

Post by Scott Alexander »

NO!!!!! NO SPERM WHALES IN SHIREROTH!!!!!!!

Kaiser Raynor X

Post by Kaiser Raynor X »

Agreed! That animal's name bugs me.. and how do you pronouns.. kkkakkaskasjdf..whatever... Sounds like I'm choking..hehe Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Blinks* Why no sperm whales?

Aurefiction

Post by Aurefiction »

Ummm... Sperm whales... That is just disturbing.Though Quixy would gladly approve and bless that name... "Never let sense conquer nonesense"-- Quixy the god of Madness.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Shyriath: My email is giantsquid@cox.net, my site is http://www.geocities.com/giantsquid1_1999, and my AIM is gsquid314...now do you understand?* :)*if not, look up sperm whale feeding habits and natural enemies

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Ahhhhhhhhh. Got it.Which makes me realize something else... If Sakat, God of Time, is a squid (and being a divinity it probably wouldn't be too farfetched to say he's a GIANT squid), might it be that he and K-K-Kph-kree would be enemies in the mythology?Actually quite poetic, if you think about it... one gets an image of Time, with all its power to tear down mountains and raise up valleys, pitted against the eternal and enduring Sea...*Stops himelf here, for fear of waxing overly poetic*

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Quote:NO!!!!! NO SPERM WHALES IN SHIREROTH!!!!!!!Not even angry ones ;) ?About the idea itself... well, it has one very important merit: K-K-Kph-kree is from a David Brin book, which automatically means that it's sacred. As for the pronounciation, just so that you know... Brin loves unpronounceable names. In fact, he often spices alien names with sounds that don't exist in any human language and that aren't produceable with the human vocal organs. Don't be bothered by it. Brin's characters already have agonised over it enough. "I believe they just installed Gentoo Linux."

Kaiser Raynor X

Brin!... The name is Aproovaled!How bout a Killer whale? Or another Dolphin? Sea-Spunge! Shark? Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

My sense of ridiculosity (I think I just invented a new word there) is telling me to vote "sea-sponge", but I dunno if that's really majestic enough to represent the sea...If we're allowed to have another dolphin, I say go with that. (You won't be jealous, Ari, will you?) Or, if it comes down to it, make a poll and let the people speak!

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well, there's a problem with making K-K-Kph-Kree a dolphin, definitely, since it's supposed to be... big... bigger than a sea-sponge, too... hm... how about we make it a blue whale? Or just use the less disturbing name for sperm whale, cachalot? "I believe they just installed Gentoo Linux."

Kaiser Raynor X

Isn't the Blue Whale the biggest and oldest Species in the oceans? Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

*walks past window dragging a large whle which istelling to put him back in the sea**whistleing**looks at the group through the window*im hungry, and its our anniversery, im making sally dinner*resumes dragging while talking whale argues with him* YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Or a humpback whale or a right whale....they are the main ones arn't they...blue, sperm, right, humpback...that sounds so wrong...

Kaiser Raynor X

that it does... Raynor M'JiliadKaiser of Shireroth

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

no no no, you've got it all wrong.humpback, blue, sperm, right.now THAT sounds soo wrong... Let's get ready to RoX0Rz!!!

Mezzastromix

Post by Mezzastromix »

I say either the oldest living organism of all time (Blue-Green Algae), or a Giant Clam. Or something completely ludicrous, like a Sea Cucumber or a Moose. Shapeshifter Extraordinaire, and Emissary of Fax Celestis

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

don't we already have a moose.....oh noWHERES MY MOOSE? YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

Umm... in your hair?? Let's get ready to RoX0Rz!!!

Stone Jackabar

Post by Stone Jackabar »

*BAP*whatch invader ZIm you heathen!!hey...we need two moreZIM god of fail milotary expiditionsGir-dog god of stuiidity YAY!!! we're doooomed!!!!!!

UEC

Post by UEC »

Having bigger spelling problems than me now? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Return to “B0O0/\/\ist Temple”