Size

Andreas the Wise

Size

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I'll put this up for discussion before changing anything.

Money isn't circulating anywhere near as fast as I hoped. The problem with that is that with current prices, people are lucky to get a 5000 strength army, which could easily be chewed up in one Battleship, and even the Imperial Army is only going to be 25000 strong.

Which is all fine if we're not invading eachother much, but if one wants to do historical re-enactments and the like, or even just a normal recwar, people would have minimum strength 25000. And for historical re-enactments you'd want bigger armies and a total army from a variety of periods to fit in everything. Which is just not practical ... at current prices.

I'm considering changing prices by 5 or 10. So instead of one erb buying one Anunia point, one erb might buy 5 points (a value that would let committed people get an army of 25000) or one erb might buy 10 Anunia points (a value that would let committed people get an army of 50000, enough to contribute to different historical re-enactments).

Obviously, with such a change, people who've already bought an orbat would be able to spend the 4 or nine times more they should also have been able to spend. So what are thoughts on this. Would people be generally supportive of increased army size? (and yeah, sorry Prodigy, this will kinda make you spend a lot more ... but if you want I'll help work out, for example, the magical army).
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Austi_Scot

Re: Size

Post by Austi_Scot »

Prices going down is always a good thing!

What kind of par would our SCIRA purchases be on with other nations who use the Anunia documents and formulas for points and such?
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

No nation combines Anunia and an internal economy.

Toketi/Novatainia use CITRA, which is the same points system but not as complex rules as Anunia (CITRA is what SCIRA was based on originally). They have 1 CP = 1 point for unit strength = 1 infantry. However, they have individuals earning a thousand+ a week (they get money through land) and so it all flows quite fast and they can work like that. We have individuals earning a thousand a month if they work hard, and so the same flow factor doesn't work for us. Originally I put Erb = 1 point to be comparable to CITRA. But we're not going to join that system because it doesn't suit the Shirithian political climate, and so not being comparable doesn't matter too much. I guarantee you, I'll still view 1 CP is more valuable than 1 erb, because, frankly, the troops in CITRA are used more.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

I see, --- I'm all for your plan on this.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Allot