Discussions are Open

Leo Fenrir

Discussions are Open

Post by Leo Fenrir »

A sheep drawn carriage drawn by two rows, each five sheep long, bounced along the poorly paved road leading to Count Cho'gall's abode. The low level of maintenance of the roads were not a sign of neglect but more so the indication of how new the infrastructure in the area was. Leo was excited to meet Count Agnesia for the first time in person, face to face. It was an unfortunate circumstance that had led to the meeting, but there was no point in focusing on the negative.

The carriage was not an elaborate one but designed to be spacious and conformable. A rock in the road caused a collective 'thump' as the contents were jostled. The cabin was populated by five people. Leo, the Khan who had grudgingly accepted to accompany him, Near, a man with a cudgel, and a last figure who seemed slightly uncomfortable with the whole situation. This last man who sported what could be described as a mane of hair and eyes that glinted yellow in the darkness of the cabin was known as Tyen. Despite all his best attempts to make friendly conversation with him, Leo found that, much like Cora, the werewolf preferred to maintain an emotional distance from his employer. He hoped that it would pass with him.

The v-hik-ul drew to a halt as the party arrived at the destination. Leo was grateful for end of conversation as almost all of them had inevitably drifted to his recent involvement with the kidnapping and the Khan reminding him that the matter hadn't been dealt with conclusively. Stepping out of the carriage the five men came face to face with what must have been an Ohl'tar. To their great surprise the thing addressed them in english asking them to follow it.

Cho'Gall sat behind his desk as the door opened to admit the Baron and the Khan. "My Lord Baron and Brigadier General. It is an honor to finally meet you both in person." He stood to shake the men's hands. Leo accepted the gesture and immediately got to the point. "Count, I thank you for this gracious welcome and I assure you the honor is requited. The matter at hand however is far more pressing then formal exchanges, that is unless you wish this good man here" Leo indicated towards the Khan, "to get board." The count shook his head almost imperceptibly. "Well in that case I hope you have prepared the two meetings that I requested?"
Leo Fenrir

Cho'Gall

Re: Discussions are Open

Post by Cho'Gall »

Cho'Gall rose from his seat to address the Barons.

"Yes" was his only answer. The Barons could see that he was stressed more than any man should be. Cho'Gall was a man of average stature, standing at a very unimpressive 5 1/2 feet tall. Being in a room with two of the most experienced men in all of Shireroth was very intimidating to him.

After a pause Cho'Gall said

"Before I introduce you to him I ask for the utmost patience when dealing with him. This is a Ohl'tar of extreme principals, and please make no judgments upon him."
En taru adun

Allot

Post by Allot »

Leo nodded. "Of course, we understand." Just as Cho'Gall rose to open a side door, a skinny man with glasses burst into the room. The Khan recognized him.
"William?"
The man, panting, gave the Barons and a stunned Cho'Gall a sickly smile. "Aha, I thought it perhaps best if I were here for this meeting. You don't mind, do you?" he said hopefully.
Leo turned back to Cho'Gall and gestured for him to commence the meeting.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

At that precise moment the Khan's portable radiophone (complete with electro-mechanical cordless teleprinter & cipher now so miniaturised that it could fit inside a somewhat bulky courier case which was joined to the Khan by a sturdy pair of metal handcuffs) and began to make a discordant electronic trilling noise... loudly.

"You Gentlemen carry on. I've just got to step out side and take this call..."

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Cho'gall nodded and walked to the left, his guests were quick to follow.

To the left was a large hallway, clearly made to accommodate for the larger frame of Ohl'tar. The walls were composed of a wood, clearly made with the intention of showing multicultural flavor of Agnesia.

After a brisk walk, the Count stopped, signaling for his guests to wait.

"Welcome to Maigrenox Hall" he said.

The hall opened up into a large auditorium, with a table and chairs placed in the center. The walls were a shade of green. The ceiling was designed to be a modest 20 feet tall. "This hall is recently constructed." The count said, showing the elaborate designs carved into the wood. Carvings of Malarbor could be seen, along with drawings of mangoes. Equal in number were elaborate drawings of axes and spiders.

"These are all hand carved by men and Ohl'tar alike" said the count, gesturing to the carvings and designs. Hung on the wall was a axe of at least four feet. Upon further inspection one could see a blue gem at the top and the word TRUTH written across the head. Confused by this, William asked the count what it was. The count smiled and said, "That is the axe of the Ohl'tar's fallen leader Maigrenox, which is also the name of this hall."

"I see," William replied.

"Shall we commence with the meeting?" Leo asked.

"Oh yes, of course," was the count's response. He was embarrassed that he got caught up in explaining the hall to his guests that he forget the purpose that they were here.

He gestured to a man standing at the exit on the other side the hall. Like clockwork, the man turned and walked into the exit, and then quickly came out and walked towards the group with a Ohl'tar behind him.

The Ohl'tar was a pale shade of purple, and walked with a scowl on his face. A meter long rifle dressed with a elaborate scope and bayonet slung over his shoulder. This was Barakanam, leader of the Ohl'tar rebels. As he approached the table, Leo moved to shake his hand, but Barakanam refused to do so, only looking at him with disgust.

"Ah," the spider said,"you must be the sheep visperer. If only I had brought my mutton."

A look of surprise came over the Baron, he did not expect this form of treatment.
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

"Barakanam." Said the Khan, entering the room having finished his communication with Eliria. "I'll warn you now not to speak so provocatively or in haste. We are, in effect, under truce here - so the outward form of civility is something of a requisite. Should that fail and anything untoward happen, my call will have permitted the Elwynnbrigaden to triangulate the coordinates of this site so that any disagreement leading to the destruction of any of the parties here present would swiftly become... mutual destruction. Now speak your part as best you can and explain why it is that you are in revolt against the lawful authorities of this realm."

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Leo snapped out of a half dazed state as he realized that Cho'Gall was staring intently at him, almost as if expecting him to say something before proceeding.

"Oh um yes, none of that. The sheep killing and the such. I'm still not completely over the one your men ate during that fiasco Ardy. Now Mr. Ba-rak-an-am, you must know that I am here to represent my Barony and to protect the laws and traditions that make Nordland such a confusing and wooly place to stay. I we can reach some sort of agreement that doesn't involve the Khan here getting up from his chair because I assure you that would not be a pleasant outcome to this discussion.

Now I ask. Will you submit to law?"
Leo Fenrir

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

"Well? What is it to be? Speak. Speak now or submit!"

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

"Mutual you say?" the spider questioned. A brief second of silence ensued before a piercing laugh like none had heard before chilled the air. "MUTUAL?" the spider said again between spurts of his ugly laughter. And then he stopped as abruptly as he began, shooting a dark gaze at the Brigadier. "I represent but an idea Ardashir, and though I may fall, you seem to think that Ohl'tar have not discovered boats."

"That's enough," interjected the Count.

"Just what are you implying by that?" asked the Baron, struggling to keep his poker face.

An evil smile slithered across the face of the spider revealing several rows of yellow teeth. "My comrades were instructed earlier today to mobilize a multitude of Ohl'tar that would land on the Cimmerian isles. If I do not return to Alumelith by sundown then they are ordered to exterminate the humans, therefore I should hope you intend to stick to diplomacy, so that your comrades do not meet their end."

"If a single shot should be fired at those people-" The Khan began.

"You will exterminate my species? HAH! When the deed is done my comrades will flee to the glaciers. You will find nothing but cold and death there, and we will outlast you! We have persevered for 47,000 years and I doubt your soldier's morale will last that long. The only Ohl'tar you will kill are civilians, and when the Kaiseress sees what you have done, your troops will surely be recalled." The spider said, only pausing to breathe.

"Stop making these empty threats you coward!" shouted William, surprising the Baron with his new found courage.

"Who said you could talk fool! You who is only here because your master's mind lies in shambles! I assure you these threats are anything but empty!"

"Barakanam..." The Khan started only to be cut off by a loud gunshot.

Standing with a revolver in his hand was William, trembling as the spider collapsed in a heap. The room fell silent.
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

The Khan was still recovering from the shock of encountering a talking spider with teeth to fully realise the import of William's pre-emptive shot, which had felled the Digaesque arachnid.

Allot

Post by Allot »

William fainted.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

"Well Leo" said the Khan, recovering somewhat, turning to address the Baron of Nordland. "This is your call. Helicopter gunships and Kopfjaeger can be here within the hour... Don't look at me like that. Did you really think I would walk in here without a backup plan? Agnesia is about to become a little too 'hot' for my liking, the Kopfjaeger can exfiltrate us from this site while we workout our next move. Obviously the Cimmerian Garrison will have to be alerted lest any eight-legged freaks on rafts try to make the treacherous crossing."

The Khan moved across to a long table of the sort normally found in a banqueting hall and began assembling component parts of the radio-telephone.

"As I say Baron, it's your call."

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Leo, also recovering from the shock of seeing the mentally troubled William shoot the Ohl'tar, turned to the Khan.
"Well there goes my chance at diplomacy. And you know what? I've been itching for a war. Ardy - rain fire on them."

The Khan smiled. :yay:
Leo Fenrir

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

"Well gentlemen, I assume you are quite experienced with massacres, and since you never listen to me anyways, it appears that my presence is redundant." The count said, clearly resentful of the dialogue being spoken.

"Count Cho'gall!" a voice called as it's owner rushed down the hall, all six legs rushing forward. "I am sorry to intrude-"

"No problem Rodger," the count replied gesturing towards the two bodies sprawled across the floor, "As you can see, diplomatic discussions have ceased."

"Oh, well, I regret to inform you that you have been deceived," Rodger said.

"Deceived? In what way?" the baron asked.

"It would be better if you would to see it for yourselves," Rodger responded, gesturing to follow him. The count complied without thought.

As the three men walked back the way they came, the Baron could not help but notice the contrast between the rebel leader and this new Ohl'tar. Rodger spoke softly and respectfully towards the noblemen, in stark contrast to Barakanam. He was a shade of sage green, and wore a white Kevlar vest. His vest was adorned with a white Lily juxtaposed upon a spider. Under his vest was a green long sleeved shirt, upon its sleeve was a Lily crossed with an Axe. A rifle was slung over his shoulder.

As he walked outside the Baron glanced at his carriage, and then let out a shriek. All of the sheep were gone, only their harnesses were left. They lay bloodstained upon the ground amongst bits of wool and skin.

And then he saw it. The count dropped to his knees. Smoke billowed from the city in the distance. Barakanam had no intention to compromise, but he knew his enemies wanted to. He used the opportunity to attack Alumelith.

The silence was broken by Rodger, asking the count, "Sir? What should we do?"

The count rose, "Gather anyone soldiers nearby, we're going to go find the survivors." The count said as he began to sprint towards the city.

"I will follow you to death and back my count!" Rodger said, as he rushed forward with him.
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

"Barakanam was a greater fool than I thought. A better Casus Belli could not have been hoped for. Baron! William! We are leaving. The helicopters have arrived and we can better coordinate the campaign from Eliria. Let the Count and the 'loyalists' stay here and do what they can."

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

"This... This is an outrage! That was my favorite flock! The gods give me restraint, what I wouldn't do to see these Ohl'tar dead!" he seem to realize that was Rodger was there and added, "the ones who did this of course, I hold nothing against your race." The Khan raised an eyebrow at this but kept quiet.

"While I abhor the thought of abandoning my Barony in its time of need, you speak sense. At this point returning to Eliria will give us the means to fully mobilize the Elwynnbrigade. We will have to trust in them for now. I do find it hard however to believe that you trust so little in diplomacy. Not that I complaining or any thing."

The Baron now addressed Cho'Gall. "My good Count. I would first like to dissuade you from this belief you have that I am 'quite experienced with massacres' as you put it. While I cannot speak for the Brigadier here, this will be my first war. Peace is the way of the great sheep! How else could we enjoy the wonders of wool unless we have the chance to sit and relax, which is not a luxury readily available during war. Secondly you are hardly a redundant presence. The definition of the word redundant becomes clear when we examine the political activity and messages of Gman of Yardistan. You may have heard of him? Now duty requires that we return to Eliria for now but you are herby charged to lead the resistance against the rebel Ohl'Tar."

Leo then motioned to a figure that hitherto remained clocked in the shadows. Tyen strode forwards and bowed slightly. "Lord Dine?"
"Tyen I wish for you to stay here with the Count and the good Ohl'Tar here. I need a trustworthy set of hands in case things go bad." He noticed the the city belching billows of smoke. "Well, any worse then it already is anyways. Cho'Gall this man is accorded all the powers of the Baron as my representative. Should you need to communicate with me Tyen will be my intermediate."

At that moment Fido popped into existence beside Leo. After a few seconds of communication the Baron made his final address. "It seems our presence is needed in Eliria now, more then ever. It seems that the Duke has passed away. I guess I shouldn't wonder why you don't seem surprised Khan. Time, it seems, is forever playing her cards against us. Let us be off Ardy, I must say I have yet to ride in one of these things."

The two men made for the helicopter leaving the Count behind with Rodger and Tyen. Once they were out of sight, the Count ushered the others into the keep to begin making preliminary plans.
Leo Fenrir

Return to “County of Agnesia”