Tensions rise

Cho'Gall

Tensions rise

Post by Cho'Gall »

In light of restrictions being placed upon Ohl'tar cultures Ahem... Certain religious extremists call for action. They speak of exacting vengeance on Wintergleam and Babkaha, and I fear that having Araxion support condemnation of their culture may have incited more to join their cause.

It is imperative to note that the Ohl'tar loyal to Shireroth are a pacifist race. They would do nothing if a force were to descend upon them, and these rebels threaten to do so.

At this point the last thing I would ask for is military action. Even if you were able to amass a force capable to meet these extremists in battle, there would be little to stop them from massacring the inhabitants of Alumelith.

Alumelith is small and has equal parts human and Ohl'tar inside. We estimate the death toll if Alumelith were to be attacked would number in the hundred thousands.

What say you?
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: Tensions rise

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Your Excellency,

Permit me noble Earl, to introduce myself. I am Meretricious Kalends, Bashaw of Islus and Khan's Envoy to Nordland. My Lord the Khan, extends his greetings unto you.

That settlement which you call by the impure name of Alumelith is in fact the great ancient and noble city of Vijayanagara. That however is a mere detail. Now as to the main point of contention, it is this; if so much as one single Ohl'tar harms any human in any way shape or form, no matter how slightly, then all Ohl'tar - regardless of ideology or faction, will suffer the consequence equally and to the utmost degree.

My Lord Khan trusts that you will keep these rogue Ohl'tar in check - even if only for their own sake.

Might I be permitted to take this opportunity to assure your Excellency of our continued consideration.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Your pardon, my lords, if we haven't met, I am William of Araxion, His Grace's official representative. His Grace has expressly forbidden any violence that is not essential to the maintenance of the general public order. While we do not wish to see tensions rise, nor do we wish to endorse the Khan's over-zealous methods, we must emphasize that any violent actions on the part of rebel Ohl'tar, especially against Elwynnese citizens, will be dealt with quickly and swiftly (and precisely, my lord Khan. It will not do to harm innocents.) Therefore, I hereby authorize the Khan to move a suitable Elwynnbrigaden force to Nordland for the purpose of maintaining the general peace (perhaps some from the Elwynn river could be moved, the situation there seems to have cooled down).

Sir William of Araxion
Official Representative of His Grace the Duke of Elwynn, Andrew Allot

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Sir William,

Upfunded Elwynnbrigaden formations shall be moved into theatre as soon as the situation permits.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Thank you William for your support in this matter I do however ask that should the Khan be moving a significant military force into Nordland that he be not allowed any where near Echo? For safety measures of course?

Also, Count Agnesia, I will be making a personal visit to your county, hopefully in the company of the Khan, to deal with this matter. I do ask that you contact the leaders of both factions of Ohl'tar so that I may speak to them personally. Out of curiosity however I do not remember you mentioning wether or not they speak english and if there will be need of a translator.

You can expect me in the next two days.
Leo Fenrir

Allot

Post by Allot »

An excellent move, if I may, your lordship. However, Baron Leo, I can reassure you that Echo City will be perfectly safe - that would be the point of moving Elwynnbrigaden troops there. Unless I misunderstood you?

-Sir William

Meretricious Kalends
Location: Immediately behind you, cudgel poised above your head...

Post by Meretricious Kalends »

If Sir would so good as just to hold still whilst I proceed to bludgeon Sir's head to a bloody pulp with a cudgel...

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Again, I would strongly recommend AGAINST sending a brigade to Agnesia.

You see, by the time you would get to Alumelith, the renegade Ohl'tar could have entered Alumelith and killed 76% of its inhabitants.

They have already caught wind of this military operation. You aint too subtle.

I implore you to call off this senseless aggression before it is too late.
En taru adun

Allot

Post by Allot »

Khan! Leo! In my office. Now. URGENT.
-William

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

How is it aggression to move to better defend humanity against the genocidal menace of these renegade arachnids who habitually threaten murder against the human population of the county at every turn? How much longer shall we suffer these provocations?

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Provocations?

You mean to say your remarks and constant threats of exterminations were not provocations themselves?
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

The slaughter threatened against Vijayanagara would warrant the extermination of the Ohl'tar, do not make the mistake of turning this into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

YOUR men fired the first shot, and your mouth uttered the first words of aggression.
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Our men? Do you by that mean the two hapless merchants who were set upon by a giant armoured arachnid and who fired in self-defence as was the right and natural reaction of any human to such a menace looming up suddenly? Subsequent events have left the pair utterly exonerated and justified in their actions.

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Do you suggest that it is the right of every human to murder?

I truly question your sense of justice.
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

When acting out of self-defence or a perception of the threat of immediate harm, then yes it is of course justified, although regrettable if proven to be based on a mistaken premise afterwards.

If suddenly confronted by a monster whilst in possession of a firearm adequate to the task to despatching said beast what sensible human would have behaved otherwise?

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Cho'Gall wrote:Do you suggest that it is the right of every human to murder?

I truly question your sense of justice.
Is it the right of every Ohl'tar to viciously rip apart living sheep? I'm not defending the Khan's suggestions at genocide, but if he did so it would certainly be appropriate within Babkhan culture. Should he plea for cultural tolerance from the Ohl'tar? :p

Just putting the issue in perspective.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “County of Agnesia”