The Festival of Sheeps Blood

Cho'Gall

The Festival of Sheeps Blood

Post by Cho'Gall »

[A messenger rushes in, and hastily hands you message]

''From the desk of Cho'gall Dentarg

To all the leaders of Elwynn,

I have been informed by the Ohl'tar that this month is the Festival of Sheeps blood, when children and adults alike tear limbs of sheeps and wave them in the air, Impaling sheeps heads upon pikes, and unleashing torrents of blood into the Elwynn river. It is accompanied by a red ale made by mixing Sheeps blood with ale adding a unique flavor to the mixture. You are formally invited to celebrate this festival with the Ohl'tar.

Signed,

Cho'gall''

[The messenger delivers the letter, and then promptly rushes out.]
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: The Festival of Sheeps Blood

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

At last - a reason not to exterminate the Ohl'tar...

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Cho'Gall,

I have received your message and must remind you, as I have stated it before, that such actions in my lands are unacceptable under the way of the sheep. If these Ohl'tar cannot be controlled I will summon the forces required to deal with them.

Please relate this to them in the utmost of politeness,
By the hand of,
Leo Fenrir

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

After much discussion with the Ohl'tar, the Ohl'tar leadership have informed me that the celebrations will take place. They plea for cultural tolerance, and insist that no one is forcing you to attend.

However, your actions attempting to stamp out this festival have created a rift within the Ohl'tar. Some state that the original cultures must be upheld, and wish for vengeance against you and the Babkhans. These Ohl'tar have departed to the more barren portions of Agnesia. The other side calls for assimilation into main stream society. Many of these Ohl'tar are moving to build a new city called Maigrentar, as the sister city of Echo City.
En taru adun

Allot

Post by Allot »

My lords,

While I am not empowered to intervene in this affair, I wish to provide you with the Duke's official stance on the matter.

Free speech has always been a pillar of Shirithian life, however, to the Duke this abject display of violence seems to stretch the limit of politically acceptable, especially considering Nordland's devotion to sheep. It is for this reason that I must, on behalf of his Grace, officially condemn the Festival of Sheeps Blood in the eyes of Elwynn. We do not wish to alienate the Ohl'tar, but we feel that we must take a stand on this matter.

Sincerely,

Sir William of Araxion
Official Representative of His Grace, the Duke of Elwynn, Andrew Allot

Return to “County of Agnesia”