The Ohl'tar

Cho'Gall

The Ohl'tar

Post by Cho'Gall »

Dear Baron Leo Dine,

From the desk of Cho'Gall, initiate of the second circle of Twilight's Hammer
Assistant to Maigrenox, leader of the Ohl'tar diaspora.
May he rest in peace.

Forty seven thousand years we have lingered in this prison. Forty seven thousand years since our banishment from our homeland. Cast out by Kaerthas Moonstrider, reagent lord of Ohl'teria because of our political differences.

We rode eastward, out of our homeland, to a place where we would be accepted, where we could stake out our living.

His name was Maigrenox, former knight of Ohl'taria, led us. Clad in obsidian armor and wielding The Axe of Truth, Maigrenox was both benevolent and kind. He would go on to lead our people through the rolling plains into current day Nordland.

For unseen magical reasons, the land began to enter a deep freeze around us. Our precious lakes crystallized and shattered, tumbling unto us, and locking us in stasis for forty-thousand years. Time passed, and our confidence in life faded.

But then, a miracle.

Cracks formed, and we emerged.

Hardened from our bitter hibernation, we searched for our friends and families. Some would reunite, others like me were not so lucky. The hardy remnant of the remnant sought to find our leader Maigrenox.

Little would we know our hopes were to be crushed as the Axe of Truth was found bloodstained, and pieces of Obsidian plate lay scattered bloodstained upon the ice. The banner of what your emissary stated "Babkha" was flown proudly upon his corpse.

We were spotted in mourning by one of your emissaries, Baron, who was quick to ask us who we were and what business we had in Agnesia.

And now Baron, I write this letter to you, to explain our plight and why we take our residency upon your lands. We will gladly respect any and all laws your administration should want us to uphold.

From the desk of Cho'Gall, initiate of the second circle of Twilight's Hammer
Assistant to Maigrenox, leader of the Ohl'tar diaspora.
May he rest in peace.
En taru adun

Leo Fenrir

Re: The Ohl'tar

Post by Leo Fenrir »

My good Count,

I am glad to see that you are putting on an effective reconnaissance initiative but I hope you realize that the discovery of a new race in our Barony could be potentially dangerous should they wish to reclaim the land that was once theirs. While I do realize they have agreed to abide by my rule, I ask you to look into this matter in the utmost detail.
Leo Fenrir

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

As you wish Baron. I have set a meeting with the Ohl'tar leaders on sunday. We will discuss what will become of their former lands.

-Cho'Gall
En taru adun

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Anyone who's got an Axe of Truth and seeks vengeance against the Babkhans is a friend of mine.
Welcome, Cho'Gall of the Ohl'tar, to Elwynn and the Fourth Era.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Truth and Babkhan vengance is all well and good ... but I'm most interested, as a historian, at how they measure time. Specifically, what qualifies as a year. The old Audente Empire dates back to b4023. The proto-Khaz Modian empire started no earlier than b6000. In short, intelligent, active races 10000 years ago is no stretch. 15 000, 20 000 years ago can be reached in other region's histories. But 47 000 years ago ... well, it just boggles the mind, it does. What sort of civilisation could have been around ~50 000 years go (let alone what sort of race could remain alive for 40 000 in stasis)?

Many interesting things can be learnt from this meeting, I am sure ... :document
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

The Babkhan way of looking at things is that man and woman stemmed from Eura, through the grace of the god(s). Humanity, I believe is really old on Micras. I remember Bill writing something about the Elves migrating from Elpidos to Feanoria through Babkha. This was about... 15 000 years ago. So there was definitely a Babkhan society at that time.

I am sure that there were Babkhan tribes on Eura far before that. I am sure this fits in to history really well :)

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Most Ohl'tar believe that the same unforeseen magics which caused a the deep freeze, could have caused the stasis. But no conclusive findings have been reached
En taru adun

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Rai Avon-El wrote:The Babkhan way of looking at things is that man and woman stemmed from Eura, through the grace of the god(s). Humanity, I believe is really old on Micras. I remember Bill writing something about the Elves migrating from Elpidos to Feanoria through Babkha. This was about... 15 000 years ago. So there was definitely a Babkhan society at that time.

I am sure that there were Babkhan tribes on Eura far before that. I am sure this fits in to history really well :)
Oh, no one knows better than me how ... interesting time on Micras is. The Jasonian version of history has Elves, Imperials and Microns either 80 000 or 80 million years ago (not sure how to read the timeline). So that part of Micras, for example, functioned fine that long ago. I'm just not sure whether Cedrist myths have a creation myth somewhere nearish the Khaz Modian Empire, or whether they think the universe very, very old. ;)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

My good count Cho'Gall,

I anxiously await your report on the first meeting with these people as I can no longer ignore the strange men who keep asking me if we can turn up the heat. Just yesterday I came across two that were trying to ask a sheep for directions to Babkha. Their actions begin to worry me and I currently have my resources focused on another enterprise. I hope to hear your news soon.
Leo Fenrir

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Scott,

You can't hate Babkhans, we bring you purpose. As for your creation stories, we reject them all. The history of Eura was documented by Babak the Infallible ages before any community fictional history. How could this predate even Apollo? Because Babak invented Eura and wrote the story before even creating the micronation of Babkha.

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

O Jayatar, my friend, please tell me more :)

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Babak wrote the "story of Babkha" on an internet writers forum. It was the story of Euras pre-history involving a number of invasions and pre-Babkhan tribes. The whole story used to be on the old website (I think) but I can't recall exactly. Eura was the continent that Babak based the entire story on and then later developed the micronation based on the story.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I do recall what you're talking about Hesam. It exists in a text file on a geocities website of a certain Babkhan's. I used to have it bookmarked, but I lost all of them when I wiped my computer.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Return to “County of Agnesia”