Decree V : Dismissal of Nordland Cudgelers

Leo Fenrir

Decree V : Dismissal of Nordland Cudgelers

Post by Leo Fenrir »

By the will of the Baron of Nordland, the following Decree shall be implemented forthwith:

The regiment known as the "Gentlemen Cudgelers" are herby banned from activity within Nordland until further notice.

So it is written so it shall be.
By the hand of,
Leo Fenrir

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: Decree V : Dismissal of Nordland Cudgelers

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Curious I was not aware of there being any Gentlemen-Cudgellers in Nordland, they being an Elirian brotherhood dedicated to the service of the public good through the application of cudgels.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Neither was I until quite recently actually. It came to my attention that there were still a few loitering, in a very gentlemanly fashion, around Agnesia. A mere precaution that is all. :thumbsup
Leo Fenrir

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Oh I do think you are mistaken on this one. There is an SDI Z Site in Agnesia, a MoMA Detachment in Vijayanagara and a Kopfjaegar patrol touring Wintergleam and Wolfraven. All on perfectly lawful business, sans cudgels.

Such gentlemen-cudgellers as might be manning tolls or mounting patrols along the main Vijayanagara-Eliria road are doing so on the Elirian side of the border, with is clearly marked at regular intervals by posts surmounted by rams skulls. :yay:

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Well I have stumbled on bad information it would seem. I'll leave the decree in place however.

Just in case....

EDIT: Your clarification does seem to be reason enough.
Leo Fenrir

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Yes I am sure it will be a thoroughly effective precaution. Indeed it has been necessary to increase the numbers of cudgellers on post along the borders as the Pandur brigands seem to have taken to illicit cross-border smuggling, rustling sheep out of Nordland and returning along secret trails with butchered carcasses to feed the black-market demand for lamb in Nordland.

It is a trade we are determined to stamp out, or at least cudgel a cut of the money from.

Return to “Barony of Nordland”