Exodus

Cho'Gall

Exodus

Post by Cho'Gall »

Maigrenox walked for hours and hours, finally reaching the convoy of Ohl'tar making their way to Alumelith. He calmly walked through the ranks, until he found the Ohl'tar leading te rest, Roger.
"Maigrenox?" asked Roger, no one had heard from Maigrenox for weeks, it was common thought that he perished with the citadel.
"Where is the count?" asked Maigrenox.
"He left for Eliria several weeks ago," answered Roger, "How did you-" but Roger was cut off, and Maigrenox gone.
"It is time," heared Roger, "You know what to do."
Realising what he meant, Roger gave an order telling to the convoy to move south, towards Wintergleam.
En taru adun

Cho'Gall

Re: Exodus

Post by Cho'Gall »

Cho'gall paced back and forth in the small room. Since being flown in to Eliria he had been in nothing but stool. Since Leo had gone missing and the Kaiser silent, he was the last one caught holding the shit end of the shit stick. He poured over the map of Nordland, trying to figure out what was best for his people. The reports weren't good either, it seemed Scott was intent to bend him over and aim for penetration.

"Tell them to retreat." Uttered the count.

"What?" asked the adviser, "You can't be-"

"Since I've been count more people have been shot, burned, exploded, decapitated and vaporized by a giant floating castle than any time in Agnesian history," said the count, "And you're telling me the one chance I have to NOT put the people in harms way, and you don't want me to do it?"

The count looked at his adviser with a hint of anger. The adviser sheepishly backed away. The count began to make for the exit when he was hit with a flash of white light. Standing in the door frame was the one and only Maigrenox.

"This can't be good..."
En taru adun

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Maigrenox stared at the count, trying to select the best words. "How are you?" boomed the giant creature cramped in the room intended for people of human size.

"I've been better, but I'm sure you didn't come here just to make smalltalk with me. So what do you want?" replied the Count, with a hint of impatience in his voice.

Instead, Maigrenox said nothing, and handed Cho'gall an envelope, the same kind that appeared on Leo's desk several months before. Jet black, no stamp, name or address upon it. "See to it that the duke receives this," echoed the booming voice before a flash of light which signaled the exit for Maigrenox.
To the noblemen of Elwynn,

On behalf of my species, my tribe, my clan and my enemies, I am sorry. I am sorry that lives have been senselessly wasted on conflicts that I have brought to your world. The blood of good men and Ohl'tar stain this land, who were slain defending their lives, and our lives. Between my creation and now I have seen nations rise and fall, throngs of innocents slaughtered, and yet I still cling to my old values. I have witnessed so much and still I have felt nothing. In my coming to this land I have only caused further strife to my people and to yours. It is not fair to bring our conflicts to your lands, and ask for your blood. And while those who have perished in the last two conflicts are lost forever, I must do all in my power to stop further conflicts from arising again.

It is time to look to the new horizons. I came back to this world for two reasons. The first was to safeguard my people from the coming threat. With that now accomplished my second duty must be upheld. The time for my ancient people has long passed. We cannot linger and cause further harm to this world. It is time for our exodus.

Signed,
Maigrenox, Champion of truth.
En taru adun

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

I'm going away to Costa Rica for the next 12 days, so you'll have to do without my useless and ignored plot lines until then
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I can assure you that I would be here trying to exterminate the Ohl'tar, were it not for the fun ongoing crises elsewhere. Enjoy your holiday!

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

I figured I'd say hello, since I've found a hole in this country with the internet.

Greetings from Costa Rica!
En taru adun

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

A flash of light appeared in the center of Agnesia. The last king walked forward, taking care not to tumble into the crater left by the citadel. This crater was easily several miles across, with the pit sinking deeper than any man could see. Remnants of Maigrentar lingered, on the borders of the pit, walls, houses, churches, and corpses. Corpses of man and Ohl'tar alike. Shrapnel dotted the earth like pepper, some of it embedded within the gleaming marble remnants of the city. A million souls once lived in this city, now all that lingers is white bricks and a void. The land itself still reeked of death. The grass was gray, the trees withered, the lakes a sickening orange. The soil had lost its voice, and while Talol was defeated nothing could bring life back to the land, at least not while his kin still lingered.

Maigrenox let out a roar, the last one to be heard for centuries. A rain of light shone down from the heavens, basking the land in holiness. Runes appeared around the hole, quickly becoming brighter and brighter. Water began to rise from the hole, slowly slithering itself upward into a sphere. The sphere grew at a tremendous rate, eventually encompassing the entire crater. Tendrils of water rose from the sphere, widening themselves until they became like structures, walls and towers. The sphere plateaued outwards into disc. Suddenly, the entire body of water froze leaving a city constructed entirely of ice floating above the crater. A staircase formed at the gates.

A rune opened itself as a portal next to Maigrenox. Roger stepped through it. He stared intently at the city with a smile. And as he walked towards it, hundreds of Ohl'tar followed behind him. Ohl'tar from all over Nordland, began to move into the city. Many days and nights passed, but a steady stream of insectoid creatures poured from this portal into the city. When the last child had entered, the portal shut itself immediately. Maigrenox peered to the sky one last time before entering the city himself. The frozen city began to raise. Higher and higher it went until the children of Echo could see it in the sky.

And so the Ohl'tar take their place as an heirloom of the past...
En taru adun

Return to “County of Agnesia”