We were fools, Eoin, doomed, doomed fools

Scott of Hyperborea

We were fools, Eoin, doomed, doomed fools

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

When we met last Thursday, we discussed your Bjorngard story, and in doing so we spoke aloud the name of Jogri Temyyyutsion, King of the Ice Demons. When even the Cold Rain Book warns that though in spring, summer, and autumn Hyperboreans may speak Jogri's name aloud, in winter he is referred to only as Oin Suilar, "Old Softly Walking One", under the same principles by which the Fair Folk and the Kindly Ones get their names. For to speak his name in winter is to draw his attention and invite him into the city. Now, thanks to our misstep, all of Ireland has fallen under his icy reign, for three times three times three days!

I am looking through the Cold Rain Book to try to find a ritual to banish him, but this is complicated by the Book being entirely imaginary. Desperate measures may be required.

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: We were fools, Eoin, doomed, doomed fools

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Working from a tentative translation of the Book of Cold Rain, I have discovered a ritual that may reverse the cold spell. The people of the affected city must build a circle of ice in the center of town, and then circle around it widdershins a hundred times while chanting ancient melodies.

Luckily, I and several hundred other Corkonians were able to do this very thing today. All went well, although I'm worried that 80s music might not by ancient enough. In any case, we'll see whether the freezing weather lets up.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I think Jogri may have eaten Eoin. But on the bright side there has been a slight thaw in England, so his sacrifice was not in vain.

Wil Nider

Post by Wil Nider »

Indeed, he devoured me whole. But while I was deep within the labyrinth of his frosty gullet I had time to write an RPG for the Cork gaming convention, return to a short story I've been writing since September, and formulate a satisfactory continuation to the Tale of the World.
Wil Nider
Protector of Goldshire
Harbinger of the Aureate War

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Yes, well - time spent in the belly of the beast might as well be spent productively, what.

Return to “Barony of Kai-Raikoth”