Physics.

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Ari Rahikkala

Physics.

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

01:50 < ari> I'm playing with http://falstad.com/qm1d/ and feeling like a classical tourist in a quantum universe ):
01:52 < ari> Also vaguely frightened of the people who figured this stuff out in the first place
01:58 < ari> I sort of feel as if I'm supposed to be struck with some deep insight watching this
02:28 <+Tarwedge> My favourite thing is how I have absolutely no idea what any of that is in any way shape or form.
02:29 <+Tarwedge> But it does colours
02:29 <+Tarwedge> So that's nice
02:29 <+Tarwedge> If you click the colours they go wild
02:29 <+Tarwedge> Clicking angers the colour gods
02:29 <+Tarwedge> Let no-one click, lest they bring down colourful wrath upon us
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Ari Rahikkala

Re: Physics.

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

My favourite thing: Start with the infinite well and ground state. Move the position to the side (set the mouse action to "translate function" and click and drag the graph in the middle). What you'll get is a pattern where all the higher frequencies periodically cancel out and you'll get a very smooth graph for just a moment until it descends back into frantic chaos.

I might need some understanding of mathematics beyond basic linear algebra for this :/

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

More physics, though this stuff is very classical and as far as I know not really all that impressive a trick anyway: http://vimeo.com/2952236

... it's still sort of awesome.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I can keep it from going nuts...

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”