ELWYNN NEGOTIATES TREATY WITH ANTIQUE-A

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Gil'les Mel'ang

ELWYNN NEGOTIATES TREATY WITH ANTIQUE-A

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

Antica, decaying dinosaur of a micro-nation, remarkably has gained an olive branch from brash Elwynnese separatists, in the form of a brand new treaty. See it here in this thread: http://nafticon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2813 .

Commentary on some of the more worrisome excerpts:
ARTICLE 2
Citizens of each party shall enjoy full visitor status within the territory of each party.
Article 2: Are not we all visitors when we visit another nation? This article would create a new form of visitor in Antica: "full visitor." Maybe all this means is that full visitors will be able to wear the colors of the Antican flag or share in Antica-Elwynn Friendship Clubs' meet and greet sessions or something else similarly benign. Or maybe something not so benign.
ARTICLE 5
The Parties, individually and in cooperation with each other, by means of continuous and effective self-help and mutual aid will maintain and develop, subject to their constitutional provisions, their capacities to resist armed attack.
Article 5: Pretty standard perhaps, but a potential wolf in sheep's clothing nonetheless. This article could mean up to and including full united militaries between Elwynn and Antica.
ARTICLE 8
For the purpose of contributing to the security of the other and the maintenance of international peace and security throughout Micras, each Party has the right to use land, air and naval force facilities and areas in the other Party. Each Party has use of these sovereign facilities and resources at the express invitation of the other Party and may request the foreign Party to vacate the land and facilities with one week notice.
Article 8: This Article stands most ominous as a means for Antica to use Elwynn as a new area in its vast Empire. This is because Antica, with its known imperial ambitions, is more likely to utilize the shared "sovereign facilities and resources" of Article 8 to its expansionist ends as opposed to lowly Elwynn, still struggling just to make ends meet with regards its interior affairs. Nonetheless, this part of the treaty would allow Elwynn to maintain bases in Antica, which is interesting.

Harvey Steffke

Re: ELWYNN NEGOTIATES TREATY WITH ANTIQUE-A

Post by Harvey Steffke »

For someone that claims up and down they don't like Antica, you sure talk about Antica in every single thing you post.

Gil'les Mel'ang

but isn't that how it always is with exiled academics? lol

and C'mon didn't you find Antique-a funny?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's not like a treaty has much value for the Anticans... :rolleyes
More worrisome is that they could abuse article 8 to invade Elwynn when there is e.g. a political opposition (against Antica) which takes the upper hand. :evil
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Gil'les Mel'ang

Did this article warrant a slight from the Malarbar box? No. I demand a retraction.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Hey! Hey!!! You're not the one being assed here, man. The joke is about how I said you should learn to be less paranoid when I was revealing a conspiracy against you. That you are still paranoid was just a sort of... assumed background knowledge. If anyone should be clamouring for a retraction it's me (and I'm not doing it :p).
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Gil'les Mel'ang

Regardless of the phrasing, it sounds like you're bringing back up the Kezan Affair and laughing about it. That's old news. Right?

Not sure I want to be here for entertainment. Sorry.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

It was Scott who wrote that Malarbox post. He could joke about something that happened in 1999. Old news is going to come up in Shireroth, over and over again. But if you can learn from the past, you can deal with it.

edit: ... you know, it was obvious enough from the last post that you were going to resign citizenship, so I wrote this one as quickly as I could, but I see you stormed off to the MiniImNat far too fast for me anyway :(
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Good Lord man. Compared to you, Corey looks like an absolute bastion of rationality and togetherness. Touchy touchy You really probably should go. If this is all it takes, we'll never win with you.

Btw Corey, if you read this, that wasn't meant to be a stab at you or anything. Actually, you're pretty much the man now. I hope you forgave me over that whole #mironations thing way back when that's made stuff awkward?

Gil'les Mel'ang

Hmm. Do you really think that, Harvey? Do you really think that this is just paranoid rambling? Don't you realize I use the most entertaining language in my posts some times, just for fun? Example:
Maybe all this means is that full visitors will be able to wear the colors of the Antican flag or share in Antica-Elwynn Friendship Clubs' meet and greet sessions or something else similarly benign.
What language do you speak IRL Harvey, German, Swedish? Perhaps there's a language barrier. Which would be understandable and as there are lots more non-Anglophones here in Shireroth then I may tune my wry sense of humor as appropriate.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

A sense of humor when mocking Antica is one thing. A sense of humor when getting defensive about being the butt of a joke and emigrating the country is another. Unless you're trying to tell me that your emigration was a joke?

Gil'les Mel'ang

Harvey Steffke wrote:A sense of humor when mocking Antica is one thing. A sense of humor when getting defensive about being the butt of a joke and emigrating the country is another. Unless you're trying to tell me that your emigration was a joke?
All right, so I have a sense of humor about Antica. As long as the people in charge of Shireroth or with a lot of influence here don't have a problem with it, I'm staying. As for Scott, if Scott doesn't like it, I don't care. He's not a citizen. That said, we should have someone editing the Malabar box who can stay upbeat and fun without making random slights.

Kaiser Fish XII

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Good Lord man. Compared to you, Corey looks like an absolute bastion of rationality and togetherness. Touchy touchy You really probably should go. If this is all it takes, we'll never win with you.

Btw Corey, if you read this, that wasn't meant to be a stab at you or anything. Actually, you're pretty much the man now. I hope you forgave me over that whole #mironations thing way back when that's made stuff awkward?
WEEEEEEE!

ALSO, I SHOULD GO FIND THOSE CHAT LOGS THAT ARI COPYPASTAED TO ME THAT ACTUALLY REALLY OFFENDED ME, BUT THAT I'M TOO DRUNK TO CARE ABOUT AT THE MOMENT. (NO PROMISES ABOUT WHEN I'M SOBER)

YAY BACARDI!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

wtf?

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

Oh man. When I got back into the thick of micronations again, I didn't expect to be greeted by the paranoia that I've long ago fallen in love with.

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”