Day number 6

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Kaiser Ometeotl I

Day number 6

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

This is my 6th day of 8+ hour shifts, and I'm tired. I can't say this on facebook cause my i'm friends with some of my associates/co-workers. But yeah. They keep adding to my responsibilities, and such. Apparently I'm doing very well, but it's wearing me out. Maybe it's just the 6 days straight, and morning shifts. Then again the power struggles and inept associates make things rather frustrating too. In the last two days it became clear, they plan to promote me again. It's just a matter of time. This is what I'm told. I'm not sure how I feel. At one lever I'm excited and a bit ego boosted. On the other hand I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed.

I work so much I don't have much time for anything else anymore. I can respond to posts here, but never have the time to initiate things. I don't have much time for watching TV shows, or movies. Not much time for Exalted. Not much time for games. And not much time for my Fiance. She's being really supportive, but I hardly get to see her.

Maybe it's time I got back on my meds.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Re: Day number 6

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Will your promotion allow you to delegate work?

I know how that's like, except I never get promotions or significant raises or any other sort of recognition.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

That's low life is, man. You get used to the work, but you don't really get used to the lack of free time. Sucks. The thought of having to work a regular workweek for the rest of my life still weirds me out at times.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

As a teacher (I'm studying for it, btw) that's not so much of a problem. :D :fish
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Dude, teachers have to put in like 75% of their holidays +weekends + meetings.
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Congrats, and if it's management of any kind, RUN. FAST. Managers get shafted from both ends and it is SO not worth the pay.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Yes.. but it sets me up for better things in a year.

I'd be the lowest manager, and doesn't look like I'd get to shafted.. but yeah...

Falkner van der Sluijs

I say take the promotion, being a manager means weird hours, but the pay is usually pretty good. The lowest managers where I work drive BMWs, and I work in a wholesale club
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Demon of Fides wrote:Dude, teachers have to put in like 75% of their holidays +weekends + meetings.
Dude ( :p ), do you think I don't know that? I'm confronted with it almost every day (I see how much my aunts and unxcles have to work) but I can also say that it are much better conditions then most other jobs. My dad, for example, was an sole trader (don't know for sure that this is the right word) and had much more work then now (he has become teacher). ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I was feeling a little abused, but after reading this, i feel so much better!
Will your promotion allow you to delegate work?
Taking this in totally the wrong context, :fish hey, Corey is Steward, why not a decree letting him do day-to-day stuff?
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Falkner van der Sluijs

I'll settle for being the next Kaiser, if that's where this is going :p
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Kaiser Ometeotl I

He can do day-to-day stuff. I have no issue with it. In fact, I encourage it. I'm very busy, and while I retain final say on matters of policy, especially foreign policy, I'd be thrilled for him to handle the day to day matters when I can't get to them quickly.

And... do you really want to be Kaiser Corey? You left the job before a bit disgruntled. And while we seem to have moved passed Dark Times, we aren't out of the woods yet. A Kaiser must be Active, Attentive and occasionally unyielding, but not always in equal measure, and always judiciously.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Hello.

Falkner van der Sluijs

I think I'm better equipped to be kaiser now, being that I probably won't be left with a huge mess to clean up and now I'm on pills for things.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Falkner van der Sluijs wrote:I think I'm better equipped to be kaiser now, being that I probably won't be left with a huge mess to clean up and now I'm on pills for things.
I would support you... :document

Next time, if I try it myself I want to be a bit better prepared then last time. I really didn't think that it was such a difficult job. :)

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Corey, if you become Kaiser, you have to do special things every 14 days. Next one is on October 4!

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Yeah, everyone thinks it's an easy and fun job, it's not. It's hard and kinda stressful. It demands a lot, and everything falls on you to deal with. This includes activity. A Kaiser that doesn't post in as many threads as he can daily is a bad Kaiser... I borderline on bad constantly.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Harvey Steffke wrote:Corey, if you become Kaiser, you have to do special things every 14 days. Next one is on October 4!
I might as well just consider myself Kaiser Fish I when my time comes around :p
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

I might as well just consider myself Kaiseress Amane VIII and I when my time comes around.

There will be aliens. And invasions. And of course, both of those bring wonderful, glorious explosions.

[/sarcasm?]

Kaiser Ometeotl I

..... We still lack a Kaiseress Amane I-VI....

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Well, we've had a Kaiser Ayreon without a numeral, and we've had Ari 0 and Ari i, and generally in macronational traditions monarchs have final say over their regnal names... so, technically, there's no reason a Kaiser couldn't enumerate zirself however zie likes. Mind you, starting with VIII could be confusing as hell for any future historians...

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

There have been Safrian monarchs Amane I-VII. Cf. the first Stuart king of England calling himself James VI & I, owing to him being the sixth King of Scots named James.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

Damn, if I was Lord General, the first thing I'd do is declare war on Shieroth at Corey's coronation. It sucks being the Emperor...

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Kaiser is not that bad. I was probably blessed by the time in history, not like poor B'Caw.

It does get a little wearing by the middle of the second month.

Erik is right, it's a good idea to wander the realm, show that you are interested in what folks are doing, encourage them, occasionally Discourage them, gently, if possible.

Not a bad job, unless it becomes horrid.
Last edited by Jacobus Loki on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Kaiser is not that bad. I was probably blessed by the time in history, not like poor B'Caw.
Incidentally, has the late Kaiser's wish for an epithet been fulfilled? HIS TORMENTED, RESTLESS SHADE DEMANDS AN EPITHET! ...AND OFFERINGS OF COOKIES!

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I don't think kaisers should be able to choose their own epiteths, or that they should be chosen at all until at least two kaisers down the line has cooled heads a bit and we can be objective about what the reign actually meant for the country.

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

thinking objectively has never been good for politics, harv.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

B'Caw the Unlucky.

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I'm gonna agree with Harvey.

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”