SO SCOTT

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Icebreaker

SO SCOTT

Post by Icebreaker »

SO I WENT AND MET HARVEY AND HESAM, AND HOLY SHIT THEY TELL ME YOU INSTALLED SOME KEYLOGGER ON A GUY'S COMPUTER AT A MICRONATIONALIST MEET. IS THAT TRUE?

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: SO SCOTT

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Sort of. I installed a keylogger on my own computer. When Ardashir used it to check some stuff, I got his password and used it to read the Babkhan secret forums.

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

You evil.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Interesting. I must take note of this. ;)
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

YOU'RE PRETTY MUCH THE WORST PERSON. AND NOT IN A "WOW, THAT'S DEVIOUS" SORT OF WAY, MORE OF A "WOW, THAT'S A DICK MOVE" SORT OF WAY.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Well isn't this interesting. I guess that your support of CJ is because you're a dick too then. Sure, I'm a dick too, but not this much. Funny how you complain about our behavior...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

To be completely fair, we did a lot of spying on eachother back then that wasn't at all orthodox. Thankfully that era seems to have passed by us (or so I hope)...
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Yes, I was mildly displeased about that. Scott is basically a male non-gothy Lisbeth Salander, albeit without the pistol-whippings, beatings or buttplugs.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Scott's support of CJ is because CJ is the "underdog" in this situation. Many have moved against him, and Scott feels compelled to defend him, feeling he is being treated unfairly, as Scott has been in the past.

As for the hacking.. yeah.. that was kinda normal behavior for many back then. I can't say I approve though...
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Khan, I love the Millennium reference. ;)
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

SCOTT, SINCE I'VE GOT YOU HERE ALREADY, WAS THE STORY ABOUT YOU GIVING 800 EUROS TO SOME GIRL ON A TRAIN YOU'D NEVER MET BEFORE AND NEVER SAW AGAIN TRUE AS WELL?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I think those anecdotes are what Hesam enjoys the most from his misguided association with all of this.

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

I like how when micronationalists meet, they compare notes on Scott.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Well, we also used to compare notes on Steven back when he was topical...

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

Thankfully, he is no longer.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

He was an interesting chap, reminded me of Chuck.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Chrimigules wrote:I like how when micronationalists meet, they compare notes on Scott.
Yeah we got a lot of hours out of this topic on that trip. Also, agree with Icebreaker on the whole keylogger thing.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

The weird thing was when I found myself explaining the concept of Scott to a bunch of drink-sodden Irish gamers Eoin introduced me to.

Scott of Hyperborea

SCOTT, SINCE I'VE GOT YOU HERE ALREADY, WAS THE STORY ABOUT YOU GIVING 800 EUROS TO SOME GIRL ON A TRAIN YOU'D NEVER MET BEFORE AND NEVER SAW AGAIN TRUE AS WELL?
Not really, although I can think of the incident it was probably loosely based on. I was friends with this one girl in college, and we went on a trip around Europe together, partly by train. At some point, she had some weird problem getting money from her bank and asked me to loan her a bunch of money (could've been 800 euros, I forget). I did, and she paid me back a few weeks later when her bank cleared up the problem.

How that story changed to "gave money to a girl you'd never met before and never saw again", only Hesam or Harvey can tell you.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Good old Chinese whispers.

Scott of Hyperborea

The weird thing was when I found myself explaining the concept of Scott to a bunch of drink-sodden Irish gamers Eoin introduced me to.
I'm...a concept? How does this require more explanation than "There's this American guy I know who goes to college here"?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I think we were having difficulty explaining that you genuinely hadn't wanted to come along out to wherever that place was for a drink. Anyway I'm sure I related all of this to you when I eventually pitched up the next day.

Scott of Hyperborea

No, I'm pretty sure I yelled at you for making me wait up all night, then went back to sleep for several hours and never thought about the matter again.

Anyway, if micronational meetings are going to turn into "spread exaggerated rumors about Scott time" I'm going to have to start going to more of them to defend myself.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:
Not really, although I can think of the incident it was probably loosely based on. I was friends with this one girl in college, and we went on a trip around Europe together, partly by train. At some point, she had some weird problem getting money from her bank and asked me to loan her a bunch of money (could've been 800 euros, I forget). I did, and she paid me back a few weeks later when her bank cleared up the problem.

How that story changed to "gave money to a girl you'd never met before and never saw again", only Hesam or Harvey can tell you.
I didn't hear this story. Might have been when those two were off on their own for a while. The only story that i can remember that is comparable is the story about the girl on the trains that had the beautiful eyes that you always wanted to talk to but never did.

Scott of Hyperborea

I didn't hear this story. Might have been when those two were off on their own for a while. The only story that i can remember that is comparable is the story about the girl on the trains that had the beautiful eyes that you always wanted to talk to but never did.
I didn't hear this story. There was a story about a girl on a bus with beautiful eyes who I wanted to talk to, didn't for a while, and then ending up talking to, getting to know, and going to Amsterdam with.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Scott.. I hate you sometimes...
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Scott of Hyperborea

...why do you hate me? Is it because of something I did which, on closer inspection, it will turn out is a wildly exaggerated rumor that I never did at all?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:
I didn't hear this story. There was a story about a girl on a bus with beautiful eyes who I wanted to talk to, didn't for a while, and then ending up talking to, getting to know, and going to Amsterdam with.
Really? That's cool. Maybe I just stopped hearing updates after you didn't talk with her.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:...why do you hate me? Is it because of something I did which, on closer inspection, it will turn out is a wildly exaggerated rumor that I never did at all?
I'm not sure Erik was meaning to be taken literally but in answer to your question, yes - it probably is.

Edit: Apparently he meant it.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

No. Why couldn't you just leave the CJMiller thing alone! I can't yell at you on IM so I'm gonna yell at you here.

Why can't you just leave things alone? Seriously. It wasn't even an issue until you made it one. I could have simply have denied his application and saved myself a large amount of stress and hassle. I have more important things to deal with. But once you made it an issue I had to adjudicate it. I had to take a neutral stance on the matter and deal with it as such. I'm angry at Mike and Harvey to for forcing my hand and acting like assholes. He's not even worth the crap I'm having to deal with now. But you had to make it a matte of principle that it be dealt with.

God fucking damn you Scott. You're my friend. But sometimes you REALLY piss me off.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”