Tourist

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Archetype

Tourist

Post by Archetype »

Just engaging in some micronational tourism. Hope everyone is doing great. :) I'm really busy these days and forgot I even came back here for a while (damn painkillers lol) and the other night saw an ad for country simulation game and decided I wanted to catch up on the micronational world. Can't promise I will check regularly but could anyone fill me in on the rules of posting around here? I have a few friends who I talked to about micronations recently who may be interested in joining depending on their college load. If I introduce them on here please point them towards suitable nations since I don't know which ones exist today and no guilt by association please. :)

Chrimigules

Re: Tourist

Post by Chrimigules »

:o

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Hi, Archetype. Long time, no see.

Sorry to hear you still need the painkillers; I thought you were having a big surgery that was going to make things better for you. I've had to hang around a lot of chronic pain patients recently (I'm in medical school now :o ) and no one deserves that - not even someone who's gone down in the annals of micronational history as a legendary thought-controlling insane mastermind :p

There aren't any rules for posting here any more than there have ever been. Don't make a huge signature or get into fights with people and you'll get along fine. The latter may be harder than it sounds - by a horrible fluke of bad timing (or an act of Eris) Bill3000 just showed up here a week ago after several years of retirement.

The update (if you even remember us): Ryan's married and involved in environmental work, Ric's still in school, Jadie and Zarathustra are engaged to be married IRL (!), Harvey's an engineer, Bill's doing some kind of research in a nuclear laboratory (I know, I'm scared too), Ardashir's Shirerithian now, Erik went on LOA a week ago for political reasons, and Ari's doing something apparently involving lolcats and digits of pi (ie same as always). Siri hasn't been seen since your age, Mari we drove away, and...that's all I can think of.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

MENELMACAR REVIVAL!

Actually, that will never happen so long as Bill is working with nuclear material.... :nuclear

Anyways... Hi Archetype. Long time no see. Hope you're well despite the medication. We'd be happy to have some newbies, and I'm sure there's a niche for all of them somewhere.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Archetype

Post by Archetype »

Scott,

No surgery they did a bunch of nerve cutting and injections but in the end it didn't help much. I fought with the V.A. because the success of surgery was 20% and I wasn't comfortable with that. Instead I anoyed them until they approved of physical therapy and after a year of that am able to walk enough that I can get around campus to finish my B.S. I'm lined up for graduate school but plan to take a year off first. Medication by the way is a lot less than it was for the record. They had me on methadone when I was still in the Army now I take codeine no more than twice a week, I mostly use tramadol a non narcotic but it took no more than twice a week. Impossible to attend classes on painkillers so I tought it out.

I am not worried about Bill him and I had a good chat last night. I lurked for a bit and debated coming just because I saw a few people who I thought my tourism may upset but so far everyone has been polite. And flattering me with talk of isane thought controlling mastermind wont make me stay around longer.. ok it might haha.

Great job on medical school man. My entire family is in the medical profession what is your goals with that? Nursing, PA, NP, Doctor, Psychiatrist etc? Seems like almost everyone is doing great. Has anyone heard from Abbas?

Archetype

Post by Archetype »

Ryan,

LOL that is a suitable reason not to revive it if there ever was any. ;) I wont lie I've considered it over the years but I think as memories fade it's a lot easier to remember all the good times than all the backstabbing propaganda wars (which were pretty fun to watch play out too I wont lie). But all the hurt feelings were never enjoyable. Seems you guys have a relatively peacefule existence now these days... the biggest trouble facing you is your ugly forums lol.

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Archetype wrote: the biggest trouble facing you is your ugly forums lol.
I rather like our forum... :fish
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Given the shit storm over the flag, what hope has the forum got.

Archetype

Post by Archetype »

I rather like our forum...
And as you should... I am afterall colorblind so I'm sure they have a more fantastic appeal than my eyes let on. ;)

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

No - it is also unspeakably awful, but you get used to it after a while.

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”