EU elections

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Rai Avon-El

EU elections

Post by Rai Avon-El »

So I took this Dutch test, EU Profiler, to see how they think I should vote in the upcoming elections.

I matched, in Sweden:

Social Democratic Workers' Party: 78 %
(though I'd never vote for them)

Moderate Coalition Party: 74.6 %
(I'd never vote for these either)

Sucks. Apparently I don't stick to my own principles. Also it shows that these two archenemy parties are so close to each other in European politics, it's sad.

If I'd lived in England, I could have voted Liberal Democrats (78 %) or Labour (74 %)

Maybe I just should vote for those Pirates...

This is confusing! (and my first time to vote)

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: EU elections

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Needless to say, my utter detestation of the EU skewed the results significantly. That and my tendency towards post-modern fascism.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Chose the European People's Party, Martens is a good politician. :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Rai Avon-El

Post by Rai Avon-El »

Today's the first of May, the truest "red day" in the calendar. People go out protesting, especially, in Växjö, those belonging to these three political parties: The Social Democrats, the Left Party (yes, they don't have a better name), and the Communist Party (formerly known as KPML(r) - Communist Party Marxist-Leninists (revolutionaries).

Me and my friend went downtown today, after all, it's a day off. First we had some nice tea (he had coffee) and sandwiches in the sunshine. Then came the Left Party's demonstration which consisted of drummers and many many red flags. We followed them down to the Emigrants' Institute (ironically, the US flag of "imperialism" flew there).

Now the highlight arrived to us. The Social Democrats. They, being the biggest party in the parliament, though not in government, have had sole power in Sweden for more than 70 years since universal suffrage was introduced here, had a brass band playing The Internationale and many many people walking there. Again, lots of red flags, and also the youth wing of the party's shouts of:

VI VILL HA SEX
VI VILL HA SEX
VI VILL HA SEX TIMMARS ARBETSDAG

(We want sex/six, we want sex/six, we want a six hour working day)

and

VI VILL HA BARN
VI VILL HA BARN
VI VILL HA BARNOMSORGEN KVAR

(We want children, we want children, we want child care to remain!"

NER MED BORGARNA!
UT MED DOM SKOJARNA!

(Down with the Bourgois! Down with those jokers!) - The four government parties (Chr. Dem., Moderates, Centre Party, and the Liberals) are usually referred to as the Bourgeois Party in Sweden.

After which, my frie and I walked down to the Lake where the Communists were standing. A few years ago, Jims, my friend, had with a mate of his a counter-demonstration against the Communists. He handed out leaflets with pictures of Stalin on, and diagrams of how many people Communist regimes have killed. (That ended with the Communists throwing stones on him and his friend).

Anyway, back to reality. Soon the Communists began their speech. They had flags behind them. Cuban flags, Palestinian flags, all-red flags.

Quotes from the speech:

"Vi samlar in pengar till den sekulära organisationen Hamas' skolinformation"

"Pengarna går oavkortat till organisationen"

"Köp gärna en knapp från Bojkotta Israel-rörelsen. Den kostar 20 kronor. Överskottet går till skolinformationsinsamlingen i Gaza och Palestina."

OK. Translation.

"We collect money to the the secular organization Hamas's school information"

"The money goes directly to the organization."

"Do buy a pin from the the movement of boycotting Israel. It costs 20 SEK. Gains will go to the school information in Gaza and Palestine."

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

VI VILL HA SEX
VI VILL HA SEX
VI VILL HA SEX TIMMARS ARBETSDAG

(We want sex/six, we want sex/six, we want a six hour working day)
Fucking lazy bastards - they'd have never got away with a six hour day back under Stalin. Stakhanov would be turning in his grave.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

:D I laugh as I go off to my 11 hour workday....
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”