MySpace

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Ryan

MySpace

Post by Ryan »

Anyone here besides me use MySpace? I signed up about a week ago and it's great! I've already gotten two dates out of it! :kaiser

Besides that, I like the people on there and the stuff I get to do with it. Blog. Photo album. Bulletin. And other stuff. Better than LiveJournal IMHO (yes, I know that's sacrilege :p ).

Check out my profile
http://www.myspace.com/dragonblade79

And if anyone else here uses myspace, add me as a friend and we can probably get a Shireroth/micronational group together or something.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

You...are a sinner.

MySpace is the :evil . Didn't you see that news report about the girl who got raped by the guy she met on MySpace? Of course, most of these livejournals and blogs are mighty wicked places...except Blogger, which is Ok...but the rest is mighty wicked.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Kaiser Meskan II

Post by Kaiser Meskan II »

Don't make me decree execution of everyone with MySpace. Livejournal is one thing, MySpace is something completely different. :p
By my hand,
His Niftiness, Meskan, Second of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Overlord of the Duchies of Kildare, Naudia’Diva, and Northold, Overlord of the Baronies of Elwynn and Vorpmadal, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yes, I've already met a few baddies. But for the most part it seems to be just normal people having fun.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Kaiser Meskan II

Post by Kaiser Meskan II »

That's part of the problem. Normal people. The same reason why American Idol sucks.
By my hand,
His Niftiness, Meskan, Second of the Name, Kaiser of Shireroth, Overlord of the Duchies of Kildare, Naudia’Diva, and Northold, Overlord of the Baronies of Elwynn and Vorpmadal, Thane of the Shirelands, Keeper of the Apollo Legacy, Grand Master of the Orders of the Dragon, Griffin, Phoenix, and Chimera, Wielder of Vengeance, Count of Shirekeep, Knight Companion of the Most Magnificent Imperial Order of the Sovereign Viking Crown, and Lord of the Golden Mango Throne.

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

I have one, mainly because the people who were in my team at work don't use livejournal.

http://www.myspace.com/kingofderby

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

http://myspace.com/osmose

Yes, I hate the site and all that it embodies.
CENSOR'D

21st Century Stjepan

Post by 21st Century Stjepan »

I'm not emo.
SF-SN

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

As much as I don't want to insult friendly people, anyone trying to friend me will get rejected, to keep up the ideal that Tom is the only true friend.
CENSOR'D

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Nooo!!!!!!

But yeah, I have a myspace too. Sadly. http://www.myspace.com/little_ribbit
National Picketer
Hypatia's Mom's Daughter
M.I.A.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Hm. My problems with MySpace are:

1. The HORRIBLE DESIGN. David's MySpace is the only nice one I've seen, and it links to the blog of the webdesigner who made the MySpace design David uses and said he spent hours and hours working for some way to override the HORRIBLE defaults. As an obsessive-compulsive, I see the misaligned tables and stuff and I just freak out.

2. The tendency for everyone to stick music and video on their pages. I get very upset when something online plays music without me asking it to, and it takes forever for my somewhat slow computer to load some of them.

3. The people who cannot write to save their lives.

4. The total airheadedness of most of the people on there.

5. It telling me that everyone whose page I view is in my "extended network", even though I have no MySpace account and have never friended anyone on there in my life.

Ryan, your MySpace looks like a giant personal ad/clever lure to get girls. And of course, it looks like it's working, so I can't complain, but still. And why did you stop livejournaling? Sure, it's harder to find girls on there, but it's much more interesting and sometimes you even meet intelligent people.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

It is working, to my great surprise! :o

I designed my own profile, kinda the same way Dave did. And yes, originally I did just sign up to meet girls. I never imagined it'd actually work.

I kinda found LiveJournal to be boring. Yeah, the intelligence level is much higher and nicer in that respect, but it didn't seem to have the same appeal.

With MySpace I've been able to keep up with my fav band (Type O Negative), blog a bit, share my artwork, and meet girls. I can't ask for more than that!

Plus I can't write something for a blog everday like you guys do. I simply don't have the time. And it irks me to no end when I fall behind on something like that. With MySpace, it's less a blog and more a personal rant space.

21st Century Stjepan

Post by 21st Century Stjepan »

I thought it was only there for picking up underage chicks
SF-SN

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

It does not work for me :(

;)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Actually, I've clicked with a girl I met on there who lives close to me... We started just as friends, kinda bullshitting and stuff about dating, and then one thing led to another...

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Oooo. Congrats, mate :)

darthmiho

Post by darthmiho »

Besides the horrid interface, the only real problem with myspace is the users. Maybe it's becuase the only myspace pages i've been exposed to are those of my younger brother and other people in my high school, but it's the horrid content that the users create that makes myspace a cesspool. I'm not saying it can't be useful, but the fact that so much of it brings out the worst in me, I can't stand it. Scott basically brought up most of my issues with the site, at least the specific ones. Especially the damn music.

Evil/Insane Genius

Post by Evil/Insane Genius »

http://www.myspace.com/seansamonas

I use it actually mostly to keep in contact with the people I know in real life. And then I find I can collect people on their like Pokemon.

*hums* Gotta catch 'em all!

Sean
I refuse your reality and replace it with one of my own!

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”