Y
57%
N
43%

Total votes: 7

Daniel Farewell

Big fat merger?

Post by Daniel Farewell »

I want something really big happening. Something.... What do you say?

Malliki Tosha

Re: Big fat merger?

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Merger with who? Neither Ashkenatza or Antica would go for it, and the rest of the sector is pretty much dead. A recwar on the other hand, now that might be something. Antica is planning to do something in that area.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Daniel Farewell

A recwar sounds interesting. If it means that territory is up for grabs and stuff like that :D A real war!

phineas elastopon

Post by phineas elastopon »

Antica would happily welcome Shireroth, as a Footstool territory perhaps, or as some kind of slave-race a la Mondesia. Scott could be Peter Little!
Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

A recwar would be fine so long as nobody takes it seriously and dual-citizens are allowed to fight themselves for the amusement of all.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

It would be very bad for the sector if the remaining nations merged. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Daniel Farewell

Äh!

War between Shireroth+Antica v Stormark+Normark+Safiria etc?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

A proper Hobbesian War of all against all. We might as well have a narrative peg for this new Dark Age. :moose

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Safirian invasion of Shireroth :smashy

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I'm always up for a merger. But between most of our few recwarriors being away, busy, or bored, and the Ministry of Military Affairs being comatose, I don't think we could handle a recwar without looking like idiots.

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

But that's the Shirerithian Way, Scott!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:I'm always up for a merger. But between most of our few recwarriors being away, busy, or bored, and the Ministry of Military Affairs being comatose, I don't think we could handle a recwar without looking like idiots.
There are enough units on the shelf to be doled out to any citizen with a pulse in the event of an emergency.

As ever the gravships are only for use in curbstomping Gralans.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

How about a Shirereithan Civil War which actually has an interesting, well-detailed backstory and is also shown up on the MCS as a warzone with different states in varying degrees of independence- kinda like the Russian Civil War I guess.
We could get other nations involved and destroy the sector in a glorious implosion!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

errrrr......

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

GLORIOUS IMPLOSION! GLORIOUS IMPLOSION!

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

Aren't glorious explosions more our thing?

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Actually I'm trying to co-ordinate a revamp of MicroWiki, and speaking of glorious explosions/implosions, I'd be very grateful if someone could give me some information as to the history of Shirereithan Civil Wars.
What one was the last one? Tenth? Eleventh?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

WE don't number them... and don't really seem to condone them anymore.. they've been causing far more trouble then they are worth.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

A merger between Shireroth, Stormark and Batavia! Together we create a multilingual empire. :evil
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

As a Batavian citizen, I am not sure whether my fellow Batavians would support a merger. Shireroth appears to be on the decline at this point, and, moreover, there would be a language barrier. Nonetheless, a dissolution of the SC would perhaps lead to the possibility of yet another strong treaty between Shireroth and Batavia to replace their relationship through the SC, and such might be an opportunity to explore even stronger ties.

Note: I say these things as a private Batavian citizen and not as a member of their official diplomatic corps.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Elliot Markham wrote:As a Batavian citizen, I am not sure whether my fellow Batavians would support a merger. Shireroth appears to be on the decline at this point, and, moreover, there would be a language barrier. Nonetheless, a dissolution of the SC would perhaps lead to the possibility of yet another strong treaty between Shireroth and Batavia to replace their relationship through the SC, and such might be an opportunity to explore even stronger ties.

Note: I say these things as a private Batavian citizen and not as a member of their official diplomatic corps.
I was just kidding, Elliot. I'm pretty sure that you're totally right with what you said. :angel
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”