Andreas, your signature

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Ari Rahikkala

Andreas, your signature

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

"You're a man who would look at the sun and say, 'I can't believe they give it away for free."
My first thought when I read this was "they do?" I don't know how to analyse this for things like farmland (or products of farmland for that matter) or for people putting solar cells on their roofs, but... suppose you were to buy land from Negev or Mojave or some other desert that's not really good for anything but just sitting there being sunny and hot, and to wait a couple of years for advances in photovoltaics and power transfer technology. Wouldn't you expect the land value to increase, mainly from the increased value of the sunlight falling on it (as more usable electric power can be produced from it)?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Andreas the Wise

Re: Andreas, your signature

Post by Andreas the Wise »

If it helps, in context it was on the [url-http://www.abc.net.au/tv/gruentransfer/]Gruen Transfer[/url], an Aussie show that looks at advertising. They were discussing the selling of bottled water. One of them was observing that it costs 250 times the price of tap water and people can't taste the difference. One of the advertisers replied that that doesn't matter - people are buying it for the bottle and the style. Besides, utilities could advertise tap water but they don't - they're just lazy marketers (which got a big laugh). To which the response of the first guy was, "You're a man who would look at the sun and say, 'I can't believe they give it away for free.'"
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Shrine of Controversy”