MBTI tests

The off-topic. Almost anything goes.
Oroigawa Koreyasu

MBTI tests

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Ok, so I've taken one of these several times, and every time I end up as an INFP (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving), which is all well and good, but much of the time I fit much better into the INTP (Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving) catagory...

I don't know how many people here have any experiences with these, nor do I know how many of you know me well enough to judge, but any thoughts?

Also, I thought it might be a good bit of fun and maybe a nice laugh to see what everyone else is (compared to what I thought they would be). Feel free to join in the fun :p
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Ari Rahikkala

Re: MBTI tests

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

If anyone here with a decent understanding of the MBTI isn't able to tell I'm INTP, I've failed in my quest.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

A few years ago our family took the Meyers-Briggs Survey, and I scored as an INFP. I just retook the survey, and now score as an INFJ, which is the personality type most associated with counselors and social workers, and other, similar caring, supporting careers. http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirs ... =counselor I had not realized that, in a few years, one's personality can change types and focus under the influence of one's choices and life experiences.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

<----Psych major.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

My one foray into the study of psychology is limited to a freshman class which was an exercise in conditioned responses.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

INTJ, apparently.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

ENTP, APPARENTLY.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

hypatias mom wrote:A few years ago our family took the Meyers-Briggs Survey, and I scored as an INFP. I just retook the survey, and now score as an INFJ, which is the personality type most associated with counselors and social workers, and other, similar caring, supporting careers. http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirs ... =counselor I had not realized that, in a few years, one's personality can change types and focus under the influence of one's choices and life experiences.
Well, it could be that you actually have changed... but it could also be that the test isn't exactly reliable. Different people get different results depending on the exact wording of the questions, etc.. If you were close to the borderline in the first place it might as well be meaningless which letter you happen to get.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I really do believe I have changed a lot over the past 8 years. I have found that severe health challenges and physical limitations have a salutory effect on one's emotional and spiritual growth. I honestly feel that by becoming one who could not take care of my own, most basic needs, and by having to learn how to gracefully accept the help I used to give while healthy, has given me a level of compassion and understanding of hurting people that I could never have truly understood without these experiences.

A quadraplegic artist, Joni Erickson Tada, dove head-first into a shallow lake at her family's summer cabin when she was a healthy, self-absorbed sixteen-year-old. More than forty years later she reports that she could not have become the person she has grown to be, or have the understanding and compassion she has gained through her paralysis, if she had remained totally healthy. Joni is a radiant Christian evangelist, author, and artist (she draws and paints with a brush or pen held between her teeth.), and an inspiration in personal courage and growth to many.

My physical therapist was a motorcycle rider, and reckless in her personal life. An accident in 1980 which broke her back and made her realize she was not self-sufficient to everything in her life, has helped her become a shining example of becoming victorious over one's circumstances. (Oh, yes, she is a paraplegic, wears braces on her legs, walks with two canes, and holds down a very full career. A doctor once told her she is "the least handicapped handicapped person he has ever met." She also lives a life in caring service to others.

Challenging life experiences can either make us withdraw from life, or we can learn how to use them to grow and become stronger inside,where it really counts. Almost any circumstance, short of death itself, can be a catalyst for change. We need to remember that a lot of the severity of that circumstance in our life can be perceived in more than one way--asa crushing blow, or as an opportunity for personal growth.

These examples are not the only path to personal growth, by any means, nor would I wish for anyone to experience such life-altering events . There is, however, a rich opportunity to learn about life from a different, uncomfortable, and unsettling perspective. If one can learn from it, and become kinder, more understanding, more compassionate, etc., you will never be left just as you were before. The old expression, "You will truly never understand another until you have walked a mile in his mocassins," rings truer for me each day, and I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to become more than I was before.
Last edited by hypatias mom on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I accept that you've changed, but the test is still unreliable anyway :p

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Ari--

I would definitely agree that the test results are not dependable, but personal growrh is possible, and it is possible to learn through adversity of all kinds.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

INTJ, the "Mastermind" or "Scientist", all pretty strong except the J. I've gotten the same every time I've taken the test over the last, say, five years.
Except I don't have much of the self-confidence or leadershipiness that's supposedly a defining trait.
I do like that title, though. And I'm not surprised to learn I'm the same type as Andreas.

Prodigy Almighty

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

ENFJ for me. Last time I took this maybe two years ago, I think I scored INTJ... Looks like I've stopped thinking and started shouting. :D

But the amounts are rather vague. I'm strongly extroverted, but only moderately everything else.
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

Gilrean Treebane

Post by Gilrean Treebane »

I've taken this type of test like 3 times recently XD one had me as ESFP but I don't think that one was very good or accurate. All the other tests of this type that I've ever taken had me as ISFP and when looking at descriptions I think that describes me best.

Wow looking at famous people who share my type...
Marie Antoinette
Ulysses S. Grant
Liberace
Paul McCartney
Michael Jackson
Britney Spears
John Travolta
Princess Diana
Elvis Presley
"I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses"

Lady Gilrean Treebane
Countess of Eastern Absentia

Demon of the North

Post by Demon of the North »

INTJ... W00T???
Duke of Furfein Tosha conMakain
Lord of Magic (Taonas) SS
Wondrous Wizard of Western Nova
Minister of defense Novatania
Knight-Marshall of the Tokian Military
Chief of Police (Toketi)

Oroigawa Koreyasu

My my my, this is fun!

Not surprised at all the INTJs. I dunno, it seems like a very analytical type to me, and a lot of people here fall into that catagory.

@Ari: Actually, that was the type I had you pegged at ;)
Oroigawa Koreyasu

Demon of the North

Post by Demon of the North »

well i suppose *coughevilcough* masterminds make good micronationalists.
Duke of Furfein Tosha conMakain
Lord of Magic (Taonas) SS
Wondrous Wizard of Western Nova
Minister of defense Novatania
Knight-Marshall of the Tokian Military
Chief of Police (Toketi)

Artz

Post by Artz »

INFJ for me..

Must be pretty accurate, as any of the other 'personality tests' I've done before said roughly the same thing. More or less..
I'm pretty interested ijn psychology, hoping to do an A level in it.. depends what other courses I have to do after this year. (As I'm in year 11 atm lol)

Bayen

Post by Bayen »

It scored me at INTJ, but the "J" wasn't very strong, and I think I'm more of an INTP after reading the respective descriptions. :document
Bayen ronToketi
Count of Backbone Site

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:INTJ, the "Mastermind" or "Scientist", all pretty strong except the J. I've gotten the same every time I've taken the test over the last, say, five years.
Except I don't have much of the self-confidence or leadershipiness that's supposedly a defining trait.
I do like that title, though. And I'm not surprised to learn I'm the same type as Andreas.
Actually, it doesn't surprise me either that you're the same type ... (though one ... N I think ... was only 12%. Dunno if that's good or bad, I just did the test)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Prodigy Almighty wrote:ENFJ for me. Last time I took this maybe two years ago, I think I scored INTJ... Looks like I've stopped thinking and started shouting. :D
Wait a minute...so the last one you took was shortly before you met me? I CHANGED YOU! :whip
Oroigawa Koreyasu

Prodigy Almighty

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

Damn you Corey! *shakes fist in mock anger* :smashy
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I usually score as INTP, though I have often come up as INFP. I'm quite borderline when it comes to T/F, though I tend to lean towards T. Everything else I score very strongly in.
- Gryphon Avocatio
  • Minister of Dance, Pants, and Funny Walks
  • Count of Yardistan
  • De facto Shirerothian Conlanger
  • Brother of Metal

"Kju De Ji de Cîkrdo, ce nja Le tene fevi Ânrsa, Je Li pode hajj Hâlamaj, Lâdrmaj, me Xkuêlamaj."

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

INFP, 56-12-25-11.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Oroigawa Koreyasu