Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities

Moderators: Jonas, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities

Post by Jonas »

The Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities
English: The Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions
French: Le bureau d'expositions Intermicronational

I have decided to move the headquarters of the BIE to Blackrock Nua. The reason is that it's a lot easier for the Anglophone council members to meet each other on an Anglophone forum then if this happens on the Batavian (Dutch) forum.
For historical reasons we use the dutch name as official name of the organisation.

Council members:
Jonas Windsor, President of the BIE.
Jeroen van Veen, Council member.
Andreas the Wise, Council member.
Pawel Abrams Council member.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

hypatias mom

Re: Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities

Post by hypatias mom »

It is right and fitting to move the headquarters to Kildare if you are living here full-time now.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Indeed, it is. I hope this will also convince Shireroth to join the Expo next time too. ;)

Overview of Expositions

States who joined the Expo:
- Batavia
- Chelkran Kesh (as Gralus)
- Novatainia (as Gralus)
- Toketi (as Gralus)
- Amokolia
- Natopia
- Interland
- Stormark

More information:
30 topics, 184 messages
Opened the 1st May 2008, ended officialy 1 July 2008 (officialy, but the Ending Ceremony didn't happen yet).

The BIE will need to meet to indicate the next state who can organise the Expo.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Hmm....Toketi didn't have anything? Plus, I thought Gralus had done it as a whole anyway...
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Oroigawa Koreyasu wrote:Hmm....Toketi didn't have anything? Plus, I thought Gralus had done it as a whole anyway...
Yes, but the list looks longer if I add the member states of Gralus. :D

I indeed forgot Toketi :fish

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Jonas wrote:I indeed forgot Toketi :fish
*sigh* Everyone forgets Toketi. If you ask someone to name one Tokian, I will always come up, because I'm the only one with international exposure.
Oroigawa Koreyasu

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

No, it's because Novatainia and Chelkran Kesh had a separate topic about there nation :fish

I thought you left Toketi and that Bayen was one of the citizens of Toketi too...

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Yeah, I left, but the only people that know that are here or Gralan...

Ben is Tokian, yes. Currently King, actually.

And, admittedly, I'm sure Scott could name several Tokian citizens. He surprises me by pulling up odd peculiarities of Tokian society that no one else should know, so he must be visiting once in a while at least...
Oroigawa Koreyasu

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

But you see, I know at least a bit of Toketi ;)

pawelabrams

Post by pawelabrams »

Present. Did I miss anything?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

No, not yet. We need to think about which states have a chance to organisate the next world fair.
Maybe we better open a topic in the MCS where candidates can nominate a nation (but nations who participated in the past have an advantage).

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Novatainia's totally up for holding it ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I knew you would say that :)
At least, I think the Gralus states have a very good chance to become the next organisator. They were the most active candidates.

Jeroen van Veen

Post by Jeroen van Veen »

Hello fellow council members!

Finally after diging for ages and centuries I've found this topic of this council! I am glad Gralus was chosen as new host for the second Expo. So far, last years success seems to be surpassed. Well ofcourse it hasn't started yet, but the prospect of so many nations participating enjoys me so much! Thank you Jonas for not telling me I was on the council :D Anyway, I am quite happy how Gralus has organised it so far but since this council is responsible for the Expo I would like to set some small rules and guidelines on how to organise a Expo.

First of all, nations will be allowed to apply if they want to be organising this micronational event but if the council thinks of some nation who might also be capable of organising the event it will be asked to apply as well. Secondly the four council members together should decide on the host, should we not reach an absolute agreement a vote should be conducted. (On equality, the President of the BIE will have the final say) Thirdly the minimum requirements should be as followed: (at least) One subforum for the Expo and then a subforum per applied nations and (at least) one subforum for the Intermicronational organisations (If it is not possible all council members have to agree on allowing the nation to host). Then, no on Micras placed nations can be denied entry into the Expo, the BIE can also allow non Micras members to sign up. Also the host nation should be responsible for the opening date and closing date, a recommendation of minimum time can be set, but I am not sure that is necessary. And last I also recommend we do not place ourselves in the centre of the Expo or the organisation (unless our nations host it ofcourse!)

And as a final note, organisations, companies or persons can (or: should be allowed to) sponsor the Expo. It is the hosts responsibility to ensure a nice, friendly event.. No sponsor can be promised say in next years host, only the BIE can decide on that!

Fellow council members, do ya all agree?

Andreas the Wise

Sounds good except for the guaranteeing international organisations subforums bit. I haven't given them subforums for the simple reasons that:
a. they shouldn't need multiple threads and
b. We have fifteen or so nations already, and adding five organisations just looks over the top ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jeroen van Veen

Andreas the Wise wrote:Sounds good except for the guaranteeing international organisations subforums bit. I haven't given them subforums for the simple reasons that:
b. We have fifteen or so nations already, and adding five organisations just looks over the top ...
I meant one subforum for all organisation together (so it looks a bit structured)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Good idea. I'm a bit surprised you found this topic, Jeroen. :p

Jeroen van Veen

Charte de Le bureau d'expositions Intermicronational (Correct me if I am wrong here)
Charter of The Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions
Statuut van het Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities

Dit statuut, verder opgesteld in de Engelse taal formaliseert de oprichting van het Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities en maakt de regels omtrent Intermicronationale Exposities duidelijk. Dit statuut wordt door de vier raadsleden gesteund en ondertekend. Het amenderen van dit statuut kan enkel verlopen door de procedures vast gelegd in dit statuut.

This charter, further written down in English formalizes the formation of the Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions en clearly expresses the rules concerning Intermicrionational Expositions. This charter is supported and signed by the four councilmembers. Only by procedures written in this charter, the same charter can be amended.

Chapter 1 - Formation of the Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions.
The Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions was formally put into business when the first Intermicronational Exposition (Expo) was opened on the 1st of May 2008 in the city of 's Koningenwaarde (Batavia). Headquarters of the Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions (BIE) was setup in the Blackrock Nua (Shireroth) as an easy place for the Anglophone council members to meet. The formal name was, and remains "Het Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities", the official translation in English was: "The Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions". Both names have as abbreviation "BIE".

Chapter 2 - Organisational Structure of the BIE
Article 1.
The Council of the BIE consists of four council members. Jonas Windsor is the President of the BIE. Jeroen van Veen, Andreas the Wise and Pawel Abrams are the other council members.
Article 2.
All council members have an equal say in matters concerning the BIE and or an individual Expo.
Article 2 bis.
Only exception to this rule is when in a vote, two options get equal vote, then the President of the BIE has the deciding vote.

Chapter 3 - Organisation of an Expo
Article 1.
The BIE has the last say in which nation is going to host an Exposition. Council members have the obligation to vote in a way they think is best for the Exposition. They are in no way allowed to sell their vote in return of any favours.
Article 2.
All nations interested in hosting an Exposition can publicly or privately announce said interest too the council members.
Article 3.
By deliberation the council select a maximum of four candidates, they then vote on those candidates.
Article 4.
All candidates have too adhere to minimum requirements, the council can unanimously grant permission to put these rules aside.
Article 5.
The minimum requirements to host an Exposition are,
A. One subforum per participating nation.
B. One subforum dedicated for participating organisations.
Article 6.
The hosting nation has the responsibility for setting a previously determined opening and closing date.
Article 7.
No, on Micras placed nations can be denied participating entry into the Expo.
Article 8.
Nations not placed on Micras can be allowed participation by normal council vote.
Article 9.
Nations can be refused participation by unanimous council vote.
Article 10.
It is the hosts responsibility to ensure a nice, friendly event.

Chapter 4 - End notes
This charter can only be amended in unanimous council vote. If due to inactivity of one of the council members decisions can not be made Chapter 2, article 1 can be amended by normal council vote.
And?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

With some minor changes this would be a very good proposal! :thumbsup

Jeroen van Veen

Make the changes then :angry

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

One little question before I do that: am I permitted to fire you all if I want so? :p

Maybe adding something about me having the right to appoint a new president or so.

Jeroen van Veen

Don't you believe we should /all/ agree on that? :D

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Jeroen van Veen wrote:Don't you believe we should /all/ agree on that? :D
Can I remember you that we're in a feudal nation now ( :evil ), where the word 'democracy' results in angry mobs killing the one who said 'the' word? That's democracy you're talking about! :surprise

*Sees an angry mob*

Oh oh... :fish

Jeroen van Veen

No democracy is when the majority approves something, we ALL have to approve on it :P

Andreas the Wise

Jeroen van Veen wrote:
Andreas the Wise wrote:Sounds good except for the guaranteeing international organisations subforums bit. I haven't given them subforums for the simple reasons that:
I meant one subforum for all organisation together (so it looks a bit structured)
Fair enough, I can do that.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jeroen van Veen

Then I call a vote to this charter :fish

Voor! Pro, For. whatever, I support it.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Aye! :)

Andreas the Wise

Charte de Le bureau d'expositions Intermicronational (Correct me if I am wrong here)
Charter of The Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions
Statuut van het Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities

Dit statuut, verder opgesteld in de Engelse taal formaliseert de oprichting van het Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities en maakt de regels omtrent Intermicronationale Exposities duidelijk. Dit statuut wordt door de vier raadsleden gesteund en ondertekend. Het amenderen van dit statuut kan enkel verlopen door de procedures vast gelegd in dit statuut.

This charter, further written down in English formalises the formation of the Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions en clearly expresses the rules concerning Intermicrionational Expositions. This charter is supported and signed by the four council members. Only by the procedures written in this charter can this same charter can be amended.

Chapter 1 - Formation of the Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions.
The Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions was formally put into business when the first Intermicronational Exposition (Expo) was opened on the 1st of May 2008 in the city of 's Koningenwaarde (Batavia). Headquarters of the Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions (BIE) was set up in the Blackrock Nua (Shireroth) as an easy place for the Anglophone council members to meet. The formal name was, and remains "Het Bureau van Intermicronationale Exposities", the official translation in English was: "The Bureau of Intermicronational Expositions". Both names have as abbreviation "BIE".

Chapter 2 - Organisational Structure of the BIE
Article 1.
The Council of the BIE consists of four council members. Jonas Windsor is the President of the BIE. Jeroen van Veen, Andreas the Wise and Pawel Abrams are the other council members.
Article 2.
All council members have an equal say in matters concerning the BIE and or an individual Expo.
Article 2 bis.
Only exception to this rule is when in a vote, two options get equal vote, then the President of the BIE has the deciding vote.

Chapter 3 - Organisation of an Expo
Article 1.
The BIE has the last say in which nation is going to host an Exposition. Council members have the obligation to vote in a way they think is best for the Exposition. They are in no way allowed to sell their vote in return of any favours.
Article 2.
All nations interested in hosting an Exposition can publicly or privately announce said interest too the council members.
Article 3.
By deliberation the council select a maximum of four candidates, they then vote on those candidates.
Article 4.
All candidates have to adhere to minimum requirements; the council can unanimously grant permission to put these rules aside.
Article 5.
The minimum requirements to host an Exposition are,
A. One subforum per participating nation.
B. One subforum dedicated for participating organisations.
Article 6.
The hosting nation has the responsibility for setting a previously determined opening and closing date.
Article 7.
Nations based on Micras are automatically allowed entry.
Article 8.
Nations not placed on Micras can be allowed participation by normal council vote.
Article 9.
Nations can be refused participation by unanimous council vote.
Article 10.
It is the host's responsibility to ensure a nice, friendly event.

Chapter 4 - End notes
This charter can only be amended in unanimous council vote. If due to inactivity of one of the council members decisions can not be made Chapter 2, article 1 can be amended by normal council vote.
Fixed up some of the english expression. My one query is around 3.8-9. Shouldn't it be that nations not on Micras can automatically register, but are allowed to be refused participation by a council vote?
Last edited by Andreas the Wise on Fri May 29, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jeroen van Veen

Oh I messed up a bit.

No my intention was that Micras nations can automatically register, but are allowed to be refused by unanimous council vote and that the NOT Micras nations can be allowed to enter by normal council vote.

Andreas the Wise

I edited the version in my post. That fix the problem?
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “County of Greater Audentior”