BLACKROCK BANK

Moderators: Jonas, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

BLACKROCK BANK

Post by Jonas »

BLACKROCK BANK
WE WANT EVERYTHING, WE DON'T DO ANYTHING

Welcome to the BLACKROCK BANK, the first bank of Kildare! We aren't functioning yet. Come back soon!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

Re: BLACKROCK BANK

Post by Andreas the Wise »

"We Aren't Functioning Yet!"

The sign still hung from the door. And it was true, the bank wasn't. It was said to be funded partly by the Duke, and this upgrade to the Blackrock Bank was being sidetracked for the war. Still, there was reasonable information suggesting that at least part of the bank was operational already. That is, the vaults.
Andreas and his companion looked at the door. It was locked, of course, but that wouldn't last long. Shall I unlock it? asked his companion telepathically.
Andreas put his eye near the keyhole, and looked in. Nah, just teleport, he said. They each spoke the enchantment and the next second they were inside. His companion, whoas the leader of the Dark Watchers and went by the codename ANG 7, placed the skeleton key he had been holding back in his pocket. It's more dramatic to unlock it, ANG 7 noted. Especially if a guard is just about to come around the corner.
And you get more loot if they don't even bother to check why the doors unlocked because it isn't, Andreas replied. How long is it since you did field work?
Dunno, guild war? came the reply. Though his face was covered, and they were both invisible, Andreas could just tell he was sticking his tongue out at Andreas.

They walked silently down the passage, masking their sounds with a simple air charm. Negotiating their way past the reception desk, already gathering dust, they found the door leading to the vaults. Again, a quick look showed that the other side was empty. They teleported over to hear ...
"Brrrp ... Brrrrp .... Brrrrp"
You said they didn't have alarms! Andreas said angrily.
You said they couldn't detect magic ANG 7 responded.
As long as they can't detect invisibility ... Andreas cautioned, when they heard a guard at the locked door.
"It's locked," he called. He fumbled with keys for a few moments, then opened it, looking in and bearing a shaft of golden light from a torch he carried.
"Nothing. Must have been a false alarm. Boy, these things go at the drop of a hair," he yelled behind him. He closed the door and the light disappeared, leaving only deep shadows.
No more teleport, ANG 7 concluded. Silently they made their way on, into the vaults, until they found one that looked ... interesting.
ANG 7 took out his skeleton key and a lockpick, and got to work on the safe. Precious seconds ticked away, until he said Finished, and, the charm moving to mask the sound of the door also, it slid open. Inside was two small chests, probably containing diamonds and rubies, and in the corner, several scrolls.
Andreas went straight to the scrolls.
They have a Sakat volume in here? he exclaimed. This belongs in the library at Melangia!
Never mind that, ANG 7 replied. We taking this?
Yep, Andreas said. Riches and Knowledge ... what a loot. This'll earn us some points, eh?

Stolen: 2 chests containing diamonds, rubies, and other gems.
5 historical scrolls (minor)
Sakat Histories Scoll volume 65
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

My scrolls, book and chests. :cry
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Blackrock Bank has moved its headquarter to Destrykara in Demesos. Ofcourse, there's still an office in Blackrock Nua where the clients can reach us and our services.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Blackrock Bank is proud to present the first three money notes. The Kala can only be used within Kildare, in other Duchies it will just be called the erb (most likely, they will not recognise the use of Kala ;) ).

1 Kala

5 Kala

100 Kala

Andreas the Wise

I do like the Temple to Sakat! Not quite sure about the Temple to Ryvenna, I'll get back to you if I find a better image ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

:thumbsup

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Like you can see: the old 5 Kala note is updated with a better version of the temple.

Andreas the Wise

Why is Blackrock Bank not trading on the ASTEX?
Q - Director of SAMIN

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I'd only assume it's because they don't do anything.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:I'd only assume it's because they don't do anything.
We have made our own currency... :document

Andreas the Wise

Harvey Steffke wrote:I'd only assume it's because they don't do anything.
Considering that in the last couple months, no Shirithian company has done anything except Andreas' Shop and Kildfare doing a wiki article, that's not too much of a disadvantage. And the beauty of the SCX is that it might encourage people to do more with their companies.

@Jonas - You could always sell more currency designs to other countries. Also, Kildfare logo please :angel
Q - Director of SAMIN

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Was supposed to be jokey reference to the "WE WANT EVERYTHING, WE DON'T DO ANYTHING" motto, but okay.

Andreas the Wise

Oh, sorry ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Was supposed to be jokey reference to the "WE WANT EVERYTHING, WE DON'T DO ANYTHING" motto, but okay.
DOD YOU CONSIDER THAT AS A JOKE?! WE'RE SERIOUS BANK CLERKS WITHOUT HUMOUR! :angry

:p

Return to “County of Greater Audentior”