The Arrival of the Batavians

Moderators: Jonas, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

The Arrival of the Batavians

Post by Jonas »

The ZM Gasconje, a ship with many Batavian immigrants, arrived at Apollo City. With big eyes they saw the large buildings and impressive constructions of this metropolis.
"You said that we would get a fresh start," said Jaap Bosman to a man with a long, white beard who apparently was the leader of the group, "But this land is as spoiled as ours, with those big flats!"
"Patience, my boy," answered the leader, "this is Apollo City, the gate to a new world. From here we will travel till we reach the promised land."
The boy wandered away while the leader closed his eyes and enjoyed the sea breeze.

The ship stopped in the harbour and the group Batavians were welcomed by the count of Audentior. He gave the man a paper and left.
DECREE OF THE DUTCH

The 1,700 settlers from Batavia are free to colonise an area within Sermolot. They will form their own community within the Sermolotian borders.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jonas

Re: The Arrival of the Batavians

Post by Jonas »

"A change of plans," told the captain of the ship that had to bring the settlers to New Jasonia, "The Dutch wants to recolonise a certain region of Nova Dalmacija."
The captain took the map and his finger pointed to the shore line of Lake Christoph.
"This territory was once colonised by the Union of Apollo, but the colonies ultimately stayed small and isolated from the rest of the Dutchy. Now, with eye on selling the barony of Lumina's Light to a foreigner, the Dutch has decided that a piece of the coastline will belong to Sermolot.
The man with the beard nodded. He didn't care, nor did the others do. They wanted to create a flourishing community.

Jaap spoke to the leader, who was called Melchior: "What are the plans?"
"We will be spread over a region, boy. Our community will be part of Sermolot and will probably become a separated county. Even if not, we will receive the right to establish our own government: the Three Colonies of Atrecht, or the Atrechtian Union, will be born!"
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

When you said you'd start small, and then expand, you really meant it :surprise

(yeah, out of creativity for the forseeable future so no IC response. I'm programming instead, which requires a much different type of thinking)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

My evil plans are unstoppable. :evil
(yeah, out of creativity for the forseeable future so no IC response. I'm programming instead, which requires a much different type of thinking)
:(

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The land was claimed and Jaap Bosman had become the first governor of the so-called Atrechtian States. The Sermolotian colony in the backyard of Nova Dalmacija was proclaimed in 3761 ASC and in all those years, the colonists had enjoyed several prosperous times. The population consisted 10,000 people and when Kevin Bosman (son of Jaap, the founder of the colony) had expanded the territory to the west, so the colony grew to 23,000 citizens (inclusive natives) in 3788 ASC.
"It became time," shouted Kevin to one of the mayors while looking to some paper work. Bureaucracy was a common Batavian habit and had slow down matters too long. The governor wanted action: 10 years he had waited to finally unite the small Sermolotian colonies built by Batavian immigrants. Now he could present the Senechal a letter with the good news that the colonies were ready to be integrated in Sermolot.
A messenger entered the room and received a letter with a orange seal on it.
"Bring it to the Senechal in Grace Palace," he said. The messenger took the letter and left.
Meanwhile, the mayor on the chair didn't move. He stared with his eyes to the governor and waited for permission to speak. Kevin sighed and did the sign that he could speak.
"Sir, I'm still opposed to this matter. My lawyers have studied this matter and think that the proposal to unite the colonies under Sermolot are against the regulations of my city."
Kevin laughed and looked the mayor right in the eyes.
"Forget it, protests are useless," responded he and turned around. The mayor understood that he had to leave, so he did.
After the Mayor had left, Kevin took the map and smiled: he had united the Three Colonies which were founded by his father and the Senechal would be rewarded for his patience and support to this project.

Atrecht will be part of Audentior, btw. :)

Return to “County of Greater Audentior”