Coronation of Dutch Jonas the Second

Moderators: Jonas, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Coronation of Dutch Jonas the Second

Post by Jonas »

It was late in the evening when a long procession came in sight of the guards at the highest tower in Mons Clistiro, the coronation city. A soldier cried to his colleagues: "They are almost here!"
The procession stopped at the inn, where the owner offered the coming Dutch a drink, which he thankfully accepted before calling a servant to find a row-boat to get to the city.
The servant made a bow, nodded and disappeared in the direction of the river. He returned after five minutes.
"A fisherman would gladly help you to get you over to the city, My Lord," said the servant to Jonas, who nodded and followed the servant to the river. In the distance, hundreds of little lights appeared through the windows of the houses in the city.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harald of Froyalan

Re: Coronation of Dutch Jonas the Second

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

* Is on his way to the coronation of Dutch Jonas. *
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

After having arrived at the city and having slept in a little chamber of a Cedrist temple, the Dutch was waked up by a servant to start preparing his coronation.
An hour later, Jonas arrives at the throne room. As usual, music began to play and the Dutch walked to the throne.

Andreas, interested to lead the ceremony?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

Baron Payne had only slept 2 hours on his way back to Kildare, for yet another coronation, yet it was one he absolutely couldn't miss. As his limo driver neared the Dutch's castle, William was nodding off again, but one of his guards shook him slightly awake.

"Are we here?" asked William to his guard.

"Yes sir, we are," stated the guard, with a distinct Vervollian accent.

The limo pulled to a stop and as usual the guards opened the door of the car for the Baron. William walked into the castle and was greeted by the Dutch's well-uniformed guards and soldiers. It was not hard to find the throne room, but it was a bit crowded. Luckily, William found a place towards the front and sat down, awaiting the coming ceremony.
William Arthur Atobonovno Payne
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

King-Count of Hawshire-Dura
Proud Member of the Noble Family of Atobonovno!
Ngolo veoli uroo Leopeop, Edounit ndoa eofr!
Mr. Kildare December 2009

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

"Sir William," shouted one of Magical Knights. It was Percival, commander of the famous knights of the Dutch, "I'm glad to see you. The Dutch has told me much about you and your little but very beautiful county. Long ago, his ancestor, Dutch Jonas the First, and mine, Knight Braveheart, had visited the capital a lot. It was used as a camp in the Time War if I remember right..."
Perceval looked surprised when he heard about a limo at Mons Clistiro.
"A car in Kildare? In Mons Clistiro?! How did you get it here? I assume with a bit of magic, or maybe some help of the creatures of the wood?"

The Knight wanted to wait for the answer but realised he had to go. The ceremony could start every moment now, and he was needed for the security.

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

William thought to himself, Well having a couple of underground ties with some Vervollian magical creature-tamers helps.
William Arthur Atobonovno Payne
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

King-Count of Hawshire-Dura
Proud Member of the Noble Family of Atobonovno!
Ngolo veoli uroo Leopeop, Edounit ndoa eofr!
Mr. Kildare December 2009

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

* Arrives at the coronation ceremony of Dutch Jonas and takes his seat. *
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Jonas wrote:After having arrived at the city and having slept in a little chamber of a Cedrist temple, the Dutch was waked up by a servant to start preparing his coronation.
An hour later, Jonas arrives at the throne room. As usual, music began to play and the Dutch walked to the throne.

Andreas, interested to lead the ceremony?
While in Nelaga I've decided to place your resignation (and thus the elections) after the Fated War; in Shireroth, this event is too close to the coronation of the Khan, which is quite firmly still within the Fated War time period. Which means I'm not currently here, and Cla'Udi is about to be off leading the Shirithian Expedition to Hell. So we're sort of ruled out running anything ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Jonas placed himself in front of the throne and looked in the direction of the guests.
A Soloralist cleric, followed by two and mages and two Magical Knights, entered the large throne room via the sidedoors at the left and the right, with some old relics and jewels. While this happened, music once more began to play.

"I hereby offer you the Lost Key of the Underwater Palace (a copy, the real one is lost)."
Priest Mel'Hux placed the key in the left hand of Jonas.
"Symbol for our technology and old heritage."

"I hereby offer you the Blackrockian Sword (not a copy) with the magical ruby that gives the possessor extra power in a fight."
Priest Mel'Hux placed the sword in the right hand of Jonas.
"Symbol of the ancient military power of our Duchy."

"I hereby offer you the Cape of Norfolk"
Priest Mel'Hux placed the cape around Jonas' neck.
"Symbol of the Ducal might. That you can wipe away your enemies."

Another Soloralist cleric entered the room, alone. On the music, that played in the meantime, he brought a box and gave it to Jonas. He opened the box, faced once again the guests, took the contents out of the box, and held up a small crown.

"I hereby offer you the Crown of Kildare!"
Mel'Hux placed the crown on the head of Jonas.
"Symbol of unity, diversion and history!"

"Kildarians, representatives from over the whole Empire, with the power invested in me, I present you...
the new Dutch of Kildare, Jonas II of Kildare!"
The mass stood up.
"Bow for your new heir, citizens, counts and Barons. A new reign has started! Long live Dutch Jonas II! May he have the blessing of the gracious Gods!"

Return to “County of Greater Audentior”