Coronation of Jon'Kur I

Moderators: Jonas, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Coronation of Jon'Kur I

Post by Jonas »

It was a sunny day with very high temperatures in Sermolot. Not far from the Baronial capital, Apollo City, people gathered at the gates of Grace Palace. A count here, a baron there. People of different classes arrived at the same time. While talking against each other, the employees of the Senechal was welcoming them.
It was a perfect day for the coronation of Jonas, and he knew it. A garden party was announced while the nobles were waiting in the queue to enter the palace. But first the coronation, which was held in the Coronation Room (duh!).
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harald of Froyalan

Re: Coronation of Jon'Kur I

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

* Harald of Froyalan arrives at Senechal Jonas of Sermolot's coronation. *
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

A servant appears next to Harald and leads him to the Coronation Room. After Harald has entered the room, the servant indicates a share which was foreseen to be used by Harald.
The servant goes back to the gate, where more people are waiting, and he's left alone with some other guests.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

*Kaiseress Anandja I arrives, even though she is at the same time in Stormark and Ashkenatza as well.*
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

*Kaiseress Anandja I arrives, even though she is at the same time in Stormark and Ashkenatza as well.*
(Remember the Padmé gambit? Two of those three are press-ganged handmaidens...)

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

Shhh!!! Don't tell anyone... :p
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Meretricious Kalends
Location: Immediately behind you, cudgel poised above your head...

Post by Meretricious Kalends »

*Flanked on either side by the ten knight-errants of the Order of the Dead Stagg, a bearded and rather dowdy looking bureaucrat made his way to the front of the queue outside the gates of Grace Palace*

The bureaucrat proffered a somewhat bemused looking attendant a little note.
On behalf of his Lordship the Khan of Vijayanagara, Baron of Eliria, Count of Alalehzamin &etcetera, etcetera the bearer of this note, one Meretricious Kalends, being Bashaw of Islus, Envoy of the Khan and of the Ducal Curia, is authorised to render greetings to the Senechal and proffer unto him this accompanying boon.

On this, the glorious occasion of the accession of Senechal Jon'Kur I to the Baronial throne of Sermolot, it is the Khan's pleasure to present unto his excellency these two fine elfinshi youths, who have been gelded so as to accord them a certain more pleasingly feminine aspect, so that the beauty of your court might be enhanced accordingly.

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

The eyes of those nearby appear to see a haze that doesn't exist, the air is clear as day and dark as the dead of night. People wonder how they can see yet only that which is not there. Then suddenly the split second vanishes .... and ...

* Baron Von Scot of Hallucination arrives to the coronation of Senechal Jonas of Sermolot's. *
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

A ramshackle fishing boat pulls in at the docks servicing Apollo City and a figure in a ancient but finely-made formal long coat and a battered tricorne hat strolls through the seaside markets toward a nearby taxi stop. "Ah. Hey! Don't zoom off just yet, I need a ride to Grace Palace."

Upon arrival at the gates, the taxi driver watches to see what would happen to the man when it was his turn to try to enter. But to the driver's surprise, the man opens his satchel, pulls out a ducal crown, and sits it on his head, over top of the tricorne, before proceeding. "G'tides, fellows," the Dutch says to the guards, "I'll just be seeing myself in, thanks."

With that, he proceeds on to the Coronation Room.

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

John slinks into an inconspicuous seat at the back.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Some servants are getting nervous. Bacchus, who would lead the ceremony, is nowhere seen.

Kostalan Rottsaa

Post by Kostalan Rottsaa »

Kostalan walks up to the taxi that His Grace, Duke Shyriath, just vacated. "Sorry about that, he gets a bit absent-minded sometimes," he says to the confused taxi driver, handing him a 100 :erb note. "This should cover it, eh?"

The Duke of Brookshire strode into the Coronation Room, surprised to see the ceremony hadn't started yet. "Oi, what goes on here? I'm 3 hours late!"
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Bocaj: You are the Spiral Nemesis, Reynardine! You are the end of all things!
HEIL KAISER!

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

*Andreas the Wise pokes his head in*
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Many guests have arrived, I see, in time for this auspicious event. Then- in this grand hall of coronation- we shall begin. Let the procession commence! Step forward who would become Senechal!

Bacchants, come to me, come from all corners of Shireroth, from the light and the dark to bring good fortune down on this new ruler. From Senechal to Senechal, the imperial line, the imperial spirit has flown, like wine from the god's fingertips down to his followers- the legitimacy and authority of the ruler of a nation will benefit the people, his children. To secure the authority of the Senechal is the focus of this ceremony.

I call again, step forward, Jonas of Sermolot! Present yourself to these, nobles and commoners, that they might bear witness to the truth of your ascension.
The High Priest of Bacchus, or Dionysos Eleutherios, the bull-horned god
The poster formerly known as Benkern
Eaaaaohhh! Join in the dance!
official representative of the Channel Islanders in Yardistan

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The doors fall open while musicians start to play. An impressive small corps of Magical Knights with glimmering armour enter the room and make the aisle free so that Jonas can enter the room and step forward to Bacchus and the throne.
While slowly walking to the throne and greeting the guests, the musicians play 'Coronation of Jon'Kur', a song specially composed by Gerk of Gralus for the coronation.

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Rise, rise, rise and greet the ruler! Go, my maenads, and show that the god approves of this fellow and his ascension to the throne! Let no one say that Jonas is not the divinely approved Senechal!

Flying forward, thyrsus, hand, snakes and the wine- the wine- signs of Dionysus, symbols of the truth, the truth that permeates through this ceremony. It has never been the case that a truely great ruler, whose wisdom and god-inspired intellect and aptitude, has been successful without the necessary approval of the great mover in the world's dance. No ruler great, no administration imperial, no government legitimate without first the assent of Dionysos Eleutherios.

Bacchants, come back to me now, make the preparations, allow the man to approach now. Twine the snakes and top it off with a set of bull-horns. Let the wine be the mortar of this divine coronet, and let the symbols be approved by the god.

Jonas, I call to you now. I put a question to you: Under what name will you rule as Senechal?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Jonas bows in front of Bacchus and cries his new name.
"Jon'Kur the First of the noble Win'Eth Dynasty! Kur, standing for king. Jon, derived from my first name."

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Jon'Kur the First! Hear the name, all you assembled- know it is the name of the Imperial ruler of Sermolot. Hear the name, my Bacchants- is not Bromios present in its echo? There is the call, clear as day, in it. The god is satisfied.

Jon'Kur the First, in the same way that Dionysus was born twice, you have been born twice. Once, as Jonas; now, as Jon'Kur. And you shall be crowned twice. First, you shall be crowned with this, a Bacchic coronet- the Bacchants have prepared it before your eyes- see the ivy curve round the wood and the snakes, some alive and some dead, adorn it gloriously. Second, you shall be crowned as Senechal of Sermolot, the legitimate Imperial ruler of this land, with the Imperial crown and annointments that attend it. Let us begin.

I now place this symbol of the god upon your head, not as a sign of belief, nor of subservience, but of approval. Dionysus welcomes you- he too is a ruler of men.

Now the time has come for the Imperial crown to be brought forward. Bring it, now, servants of Jon'Kur the First!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

*Waits until his servants made a bow*

John, Harvey... :angel

:p

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

My Lord Senechal, I present thee my humble duty and salute you in this hour of your elevation and glory.

Behold, I bear with my noble colleague Harvey Count of New Jasonia, that of which I am unworthy and which itself shall be made venerable and honoured when borne by thee ... the Imperial Crown of Sermolot! Accept it from us, that we may be in small part honoured by this deed.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

"Thank you, loyal noble. I humbly accept the Crown. And I'm sure this loyalty will be rewarded one of these days."

Then the Senechal fixed his eyes upon the guests, walked towards the Throne (still with the eyes upon the guests) and sat down. He spread his arms and said: "It's time for a party, isn't it?"

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

At that moment, a footman scurried up to Count Darcy with the look on his face of the mouse chosen to bell the cat. He kept his voice low and avoided the eyes of his master.

"Your Honor, a message from Mr Jagger: The Rolling Stones will not be able to appear. Mr Jagger says that they have had some trouble convincing Customs that Mr Watts is not a cadaver that they are trying to sneak into Shireroth for illegal disposal."

John rolled his eyes to the ceiling and suppressed an urge to send the footman off to sympathise with the devil ... in person.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

"Are The Rolling Odlums free? I heard they are pretty good," asked Jon'Kur to John.

Return to “County of Greater Audentior”