Map of Sermolot

Moderators: Jonas, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Map of Sermolot

Post by Jonas »

A map with the cities and most important roads of Sermolot (New Jasonia, Demesos and Audentior).

Apollo City is the capital of the Imperial Barony and of Audentior.
New Kajar is the capital of New Jasonia.
Destrykara is the capital of Demesos.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jonas

Re: Map of Sermolot

Post by Jonas »

The first population map.

I play with the idea of creating the Kildarian Institute Carthograpy for Kildare, KICK (maybe we need to think of another name :fish ). This institute has as main purpose to create an atlas, like the old Apollo Atlas. But it can be responsible for developping city maps, etc.

I want to host it in Apollo City, if nobody minds it.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

An Atlas, yay. I'll put it on my list of things to do after: wiki all of Gralus' magical history (I'm actually somewhat achievably close to completing that); finish the Novatainian Tour (might get a taste of that for the Expo, but still a long way off); and finish the history of the Second Age ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I will do my part by making the maps.

Andreas the Wise

Then I shall do my part by applauding loudly and strongly encouraging it, without making any sort of material contribution :thumbsup

Yay Jonas, great idea :yay: Let Kildare continue to rise in power and prestige :yay: With the might Baronial Empire of Sermolot! :yay:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :magigarp :yay: :yay: :yay:
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm getting enthousiastic due the encouragment. :yay:

I will just need a list with the minor cities of each county, and I can start working. ;)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Sermolotian Institute for Carthograpy of Kildare, or simply SICK! :angel

Andreas the Wise

Then we can say the maps are fully SICK :D
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

We use SICK maps! :yay:

darcyj

Post by darcyj »

The question of a waterfall(s) came up. Accordng to the MCS and to Natopia, the Natopian city of Odlum Falls is located on the north shore of the narrows just above Fort Frymire. As with (for example) Niagara, the eastern reach of Lake Odlum where the north and south shores converge marks the beginning of the rapids, and the falls themselves (a most impressive sight, about 14 km wide) mark a western wall for the wide pool of the river which Fort Frymire faces.

Perhaps the official maps might be amended to mark the falls. That is all part of New Jasonia, of course, and not much of my concern, but after I survey the County of Demesos and submit a map of the county for approval I will be more than happy to consult on a similar survey mission for other parts of the Baronial Empire.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I need to think about how I will mark those waterfalls.
The idea of waterfalls within the Baronial Empire sounds nice. Think about the tourists!
And your help with maps is most welcome. :)

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Good looking maps you got there!
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm going to use Scott's QUATZAL-map to add some relief. I will start working on a Kildarian map.

Andreas the Wise

I noticed this topic again. While I'm happy that the Kaiseress gave you all the counties in the original Sermolot; I'm still dubious of actually changing the name on the map to it and removing the names Audentior, New Jasonia and Demesos. Are you super keen on it being one county/having one name on the map; or should we petition the new Kaiser to resplit it (even if it increases our tax burden), or at least view it as merged for Imperial purposes but not on the map except for (Serm.) in brackets or the like.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Andreas the Wise wrote:I noticed this topic again. While I'm happy that the Kaiseress gave you all the counties in the original Sermolot; I'm still dubious of actually changing the name on the map to it and removing the names Audentior, New Jasonia and Demesos. Are you super keen on it being one county/having one name on the map; or should we petition the new Kaiser to resplit it (even if it increases our tax burden), or at least view it as merged for Imperial purposes but not on the map except for (Serm.) in brackets or the like.
The last one looks like a proper solution to me. :)

Andreas the Wise

If DiriCart wait more than two days I'll do up a Kildare MCS map update myself.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

It's sort of weird that the old micron city names ended up in Audentior. If you wanted to be more CoD canon (and I'll understand if you don't; your land and all) than Ansaris should probably ba named Epoli.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Epoli? Thanks, will change it the next update (perhaps better wait till the department of Cartography has finished the vectormap). :thumbsup

Return to “County of Greater Audentior”