APPLICATION: Federaton of Kanto

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

CJ Miller

APPLICATION: Federaton of Kanto

Post by CJ Miller »

Small Commonwealth Order 2010 (2010 E1) wrote:
The Federal President of Kanto.

1. It is Our will to affix Our Sign-Manual to the Treaty of General Membership to the Small Commonwealth.

2. It is Our will to affix Our Sign-Manual to the Small Convention on Forum Based Weapons.

3. It is Our will to affix Our Sign-Manual to the Small Treaty of Non-Aggression.

4. It is Our will to affix Our Sign-Manual to the Small, Rational Mutual Defense Treaty.

5. It is Our will to affix Our Sign-Manual to the Small Commonwealth Unified Currency Treaty. (OOC: :yay:)

6. It is Our will to affix Our Sign-Manual to the Convention on the Establishment of a Commonwealth Court.

7. It is Our will to affix Our Sign-Manual to the Small Commonwealth Intellectual Property Protection Act.
Last edited by CJ Miller on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harvey Steffke

Re: APPLICATION: Federaton of Kanto

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Wonderful. I shall begin the process shortly.

In the meantime, do you have any information that you would like to share with the member states about the Federation? URLs such as a website, a forum, whatever you use to do business. This is all completely optional, you understand - you are not on trail. However, it may make other members of the Small Commonwealth more comfortable to get to know you a bit better when we are deciding if we wish to admit you into the organization.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

I begin to have my doubts on this application. Kanto is a really new, as in brand new, nation. The nation is really young and does only have a few posts on its forum.

On the other hand I think the SC should be an open organization in which every nation should have a chance to prove itself. I think I'm going to give Kanto the advantage and advice the Batavian government (me, on this subject, since I'm minister of Foreign Affairs) not to object.
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

As far as I can recall Kanto was founded over six months ago; but yes, they appear to have a new forum. I'm sure Mr Miller could explain further.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

I started on one free host (name withheld) on 16 February, 2009. Over the past year I've been forced to switch to a number of equally garbage freehosts before a good friend of mine offered me hosting on his VPS. I took him up. :kaiser :yay:

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Ah well, that explains a lot. My apologies.

Batavia will have no objections on Kanto joining the SC.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Is Kanto named after the Kanto region in Japan by any chance?
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

It's named after the Kanto region of Pokémon Red, Yellow, and Blue, which is named after the Kanto region in Japan. So yes.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

From your immigration form in Shireroth:
Citizenship: Citizen of Hamland and citizen of Kanto (the latter of which I am in negotiations with Zir Niftiness the Kaiser to make semi-part of Shireroth)
I am not privileged to know of the dealings you are working out with the Imperial Government, but if ineed Kanto does fall under Shireroth's jurisdiction then it would not be eligible for membership within the Small Commonwealth.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

I still fully intend for Kanto to be a Commonwealth member.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Oh please don't...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

If you're serious about your application I'll put it to a vote. Don't consider yourself in.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Maximilian wrote:If you're serious about your application I'll put it to a vote. Don't consider yourself in.
Fair enough.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

We might as well just do the vote.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

I'll open a voting topic.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Opened the topic. I've seen that Kanto opened a topic in the Treaty Repository, which is not really the idea behind the Treaty Repository. I've closed the topic for the time being. Main reason is that the treaties signed by Kanto aren't legal since they do not meet articles (mostly article 1 of every treaty, stating that a nation must have signed the General Membership Treaty).

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Kanto's treaty repository wrote:
The Federal President of Kanto.

It is on behalf of Our Loyal Government that We do hereby give Presidential Assent in the forme of Our Sign-Manual to the Treaty of General Membership to the Small Commonwealth.

/s/ CJ Miller
19 January, 2010

1. There is a commonwealth, called the Small Commonwealth, which shall consist of all signatory members of this Treaty. All member nations may send one representative to the Commonwealth Assembly.

2. Nations wishing to join the commonwealth must be approved by the Commonwealth Assembly with at least a 1/3rd plurality. If rejected, a nation may reapply in 3 months.

3. The commonwealth's day to day operations are headed and overseen by a chairman known as the Primate which shall be a permanent position once appointed by the Commonwealth Assembly. The Primate oversees the Commonwealth Assembly.

3b. The Commonwealth Assembly may elect an official known as the Secundus, subject to all the same election and removal procedures as the Primate, whom shall be vested with the responsibility of assisting the Primate. Should the Primate be unavailable or unable to fulfill his/her duties the Secundus shall stand in for the Primate, until available, or a new one is elected.

4. At any time the Commonwealth Assembly may hold a vote of no confidence and remove the current Primate. A simple majority (50%+1) is needed to remove a Primate and elect a new one. This vote is managed by the representative who proposed it.

5. Nations may leave at any time, but must give public notice of their intent to leave this treaty for it to be recognized. Upon leaving this treaty the departing nation is removed from all other treaties dependent upon this one.

6. This treaty may be amended by the Commonwealth Assembly with a 3/4th (75.0%) majority.
OY VEY :smashy

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

2. Nations wishing to join the commonwealth must be approved by the Commonwealth Assembly with at least a 1/3rd plurality. If rejected, a nation may reapply in 3 months.
You haven't been approved by the Assembly, hence you're not a member.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

CJ, I'll copy what I posted in the assembly when voting ABSTAIN: While Kanto is an interesting idea, I feel it does not yet meet it's full potential; and would like to it gain more than one active citizen.

If you can demonstrate that you've gained more citizens than the days when you were applying to Shireroth as a County; and that development is growing at a reasonable pace, I would be happy to change the vote to AYE.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Small Commonwealth”