Hurmu

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Arviður

Hurmu

Post by Arviður »

The Government of Hurmu, having signed and ratified the Treaty of Association and Friendship with the Government of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, does hereby make it known unto all and sundry that Hurmu will only participate in the workings of the Small Commonwealth, for as long as said treaty is valid, through the caretaker of its sovereignty, the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. In as much as Hurmu has enjoyed participated in diplomacy and furthering the interests of Hurmu internationally and for all karjak-ka across the Micras, Hurmu would like to thank each and every participant of the Small Commonwealth for all the things they have done, for Hurmu, for the Commonwealth and for the karjak-ka of Micras.

The Treaty of Association and Friendship with the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, produced here, will also be adjudged, in any dispute between Hurmu and Shireroth, by the Commonwealth Court. Hurmu hopes that officials from Shireroth will confirm this stand.

Although the treaties of the Commonwealth are still valid in Hurmu, partly through its own sovereignty and partly for the delegation of sovereignty to the Republic of Shireroth, Hurmu will not participate in any vote of the Commonwealth, feeling that such actions would harm the relations between Hurmu and Shireroth on one hand, and the rest of the Commonwealth on the other. With the Commonwealth's permission, however, Hurmu would still like to participate in the discussions of the Commonwealth. This is not fundamental, so Hurmu would have no ill feelings toward anyone should that desire not be granted.

Having said all this, Hurmu would like to wish all a happy new Gregorian year and welcomes and invites all and everyone to Hurmu, on Shirerithian boards, to celebrate the 7th anniversary of Hurmu on the seventh to eighth of this January.

Arviður úr Ansinum
Councillor of Hurmu for the Nations
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Daniel Farewell

Re: Hurmu

Post by Daniel Farewell »

The Government of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and the Government of Hurmu, desirous of strengthening the bond of peace which happily prevails between them, by arrangements designed to promote friendly intercourse between their respective territories and desirous of inaugurating a regular régime in Hurmu based on internal order and harmony, have resolved to conclude a Treaty of Association and Friendship and for that purpose have appointed as their plenipotentiaries,

His Imperial Majesty the Kaiser of Shireroth,
Leto III Ozymandias; and

The Valdi of the People of Hurmu,
Talsin Baarrnan,

Who, having communicated to each other their full powers found to be in due form, have agreed upon the following Articles:

Article 1 - Association:
1.1. Hurmu vests in the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, for the duration of this treaty, all title, right and claim to all of Hurmu, including its sovereignty. The territory of Hurmu will as such be integrated into Shireroth.

1.2. Shireroth agrees to enact and keep laws making the lakes of Hurmu and their surrounding lands holy.

Article 2 - Friendship

2.1. Citizens of Imperial Republic of Shireroth and legal residents of Hurmu shall;

2.1.1. Be permitted to enter, travel and reside in the territories of the other; to exercise liberty of conscience and freedom of worship; to engage in professional, scientific, religious, philanthropic, manufacturing and commercial work of every kind without interference; to carry on every form of activity which is not forbidden by the local law, and generally to do anything incidental to or necessary for the enjoyment of any of the foregoing privileges upon the same terms as nationals of the State of residence or legal residents of Hurmu, submitting themselves to all local laws and regulations duly established, as may be determined by the duly constituted authority;

2.1.2. Enjoy freedom of access to the courts of justice of the other on conforming to the local laws, as well for the prosecution as for the defence of their rights, and in all degrees of jurisdiction established by law, subject to the will of the duly constituted authority;

2.1.3. Receive within the territories of the other, upon submitting to conditions imposed upon its nationals, the most constant protection and security for their persons and property, subject to the will of the duly constituted authority.

2.1.4. In all instances the the duly constituted authority shall be deemed to be the Kaiser.

2.2. Citizens of Imperial Republic of Shireroth and legal residents of Hurmu in the exercise of the right of freedom of worship, within the territories, may, without annoyance or molestation of any kind by reason of their religious belief or otherwise, conduct services either within their own houses or within any appropriate buildings which they may be at liberty to erect and maintain in convenient situations, provided their teachings or practices are not contrary to public morals.

Article 3 - Termination
3.1. This treaty is concluded for an indefinite period of time. It may however be terminated by the Richard Lyon of Sweden subject to a fourteen day notice period. Notice shall be taken to be a written instruction from Richard Lyon of Sweden to the Kaiser of Shireroth notifying the latter of an intention to quit from the treaty. This notice may be given at any time.

3.2. Once terminated, Shireroth relinquishes, in favour of Richard Lyon of Sweden, all title, right and claim to Hurmu including the exercise ofsovereignty over Hurmu.

Article 4 - Final Provisions

4.1. Subject to any limitation or exception herein above set forth, or hereafter to be agreed upon the territories of the Negotiating States to which the provisions of this Treaty extend shall be understood to comprise all areas of land, water, and air over which the Parties respectively claim and exercise dominion as sovereign thereof, either internally or on the Micronational Cartography Society Map.

4.2. The present Treaty shall be ratified, and the ratifications thereof shall be exchanged at Shirekeep as soon as possible.

4.3. The present Treaty shall, from the date of the exchange of ratifications be deemed legally binding on both the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and Hurmu

4.4. This treaty may only be amended by the mutual consent and ratification by the Kaisership of Shireroth and Richard Lyon of Sweden.

4.5. Any disagreements regarding the application of this treaty and/or any disputes arising through this treaty that cannot be solved through mutual agreement will be settled within the Commonwealth Court as impartial mediator.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

So, if I get this straight Hurmu becomes a part of Shireroth but keeps its own ways and regulations. However, Hurmu stays a member of the Small Commonwealth but will not vote on matters concerning the Small Commonwealth. Am I right on this one?
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yes. Hurmu is no longer a voting member of the Commonwealth.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

I assume that Hurmu will however have the power to sign treaties independent from Shireroth.

If I'm right I would like to have Hurmu's status a bit more clearified. Is Hurmu an autonomous region or is it a satellite state like Batavia had a few during the times of the Commonwealth of Batavia? I just want to check this, because I see legal problems appearing if the first case applies (the General Membership Treaty speaks of nations).

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Maximilian wrote:I assume that Hurmu will however have the power to sign treaties independent from Shireroth.

If I'm right I would like to have Hurmu's status a bit more clearified. Is Hurmu an autonomous region or is it a satellite state like Batavia had a few during the times of the Commonwealth of Batavia? I just want to check this, because I see legal problems appearing if the first case applies (the General Membership Treaty speaks of nations).
It weren't satellite states, but flourishing communities of the Motherland! :mal

:p
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

My opinion is that Hurmu can't sign treaties. In order to sign treaties with other nation, one has to be sovereign, and Hurmu has surrendered its sovereignty to Shireroth. I suppose that Shireroth could perhaps sign treaties on behalf of Hurmu, but that would open up for a load of legislative contradictions and irregularities.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

The General Membership Treaty doesn't really state that a nation has to be sovereign, it just has to be a nation, dependent or not.

Anyway, I would like this to be clarified. Maybe the Shirithian representative can explain the point of view of the Shirithian government on this matter?

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

That's just semantics. To be able to sign treaties, the nation has to be sovereign, just like a person has to be of legal age to enter into a contract.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

And as a territory of Shireroth, it would in a way give an extra vote to Shireroth. I don't want that, nor would it be good for the Commonwealth.

Return to “Small Commonwealth”