Joining the Small Commonwealth?

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Duke of Richelieu

Joining the Small Commonwealth?

Post by Duke of Richelieu »

Since the Kingdom of Valencia is now on Micras (http://micras.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 38&start=0)

Whats the procedure for joining the Small Commonwealth? Just for future reference.

Regards,
Prince Frédéric-Guillaume
His Royal Highness the Duke of Richelieu
Prince of Valencia, Duke of Bourbon, Marquises of Villeurbanne, Count of Gascogne, Count of Brienne, Baron of Moselle
Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece, Knight Commander of the Order of Order of St. Peter, Commander of the Order of St. George.

Private Secretary and Aide-de-Camp to the King

Andreas the Wise

Re: Joining the Small Commonwealth?

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Tell us you want to join. We take a vote; and if enough current members support you, you sign the General Membership Treaty, and you're in.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Duke of Richelieu

Monsieur,

Thanks for your speedy reply.

I will keep it in mind.

Regards,
Prince of Valencia, Duke of Bourbon, Marquises of Villeurbanne, Count of Gascogne, Count of Brienne, Baron of Moselle
Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece, Knight Commander of the Order of Order of St. Peter, Commander of the Order of St. George.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Bienvenue, monsieur. I'm sure your nation will be permitted to join the SC. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It only takes 1/3rd of nation to say yes. I know Shireroth will say yes.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Essentially any reasonable micronation should have no worries about admittance. The vote is largely a formality and is there to make sure that the members have an official say in who gets in, even if the answer is almost always going to be yes.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

The Duke of Richelieu has a lot of titles and among his titles is the title "Count of Gascogne". Gascogne is, as far as I know, the French word for the Duchy of Gascony, which is currently divided between Stormark and Batavia. The 'rightful' owners of any titles concerning Gascony/Gascogne/Gasconje are thus Harald of Stormark, the Viking Emperor, Duke of Gascony (etc. etc.) and Arkadius II, King of Batavia, Duke of Gascony, Count of Vinandy (etc. etc.).

However, I am not in the position to make a big point out of this. Since this involves matters concerning the King I will discuss this one with the Hogerhuis and my chief, the minister of Foreign Affairs.

(No hard feelings, however. It's just something that needs sorting out from my point of view.)
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Duke of Richelieu

*Valencia exists only on the planet Micros, any claims similar to a real life title are only there do to my lack of being able to make up my own words, and the cultural theme of Valencia being french.

Also a title of His Majesty the King of Valencia is Duke of Gascogne.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Of course I understand that Valencia exists exclusively on Micras and not in real life. That's the same for Stormark and Batavia.

Fact is that there is some land called Gascony, Gascogne or Gasconje in the northwest corner of the map of Micras. This slice of land is owned by Stormark and Batavia and their respective heads of state have agreed on naming them both Duke of Gascony. This makes it a little awkward if some nation comes along and calls its King also "Duke of Gascony". This could be explained as an attempt on annexation, which I think is not the case. It is however noticeable.

Anyway, I do not wish to go into details any further on what might be or what might not be. I have consulted the Batavian government, the King and the Hogerhuis on this one, since I thought this was noticeable.

I will update you when these institutes make their official stance about this matter.
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Duke of Richelieu

Umm alright.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Prince Frédéric-Guillaume,

I believe that the honourable delegate is trying to ask is whether Valencia has any claims on Batavian or Stormarkian territory. As to titles, that is fairly irrelevant.... :)
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Duke of Richelieu

Well no, there is a historical region in Valencia (Map coming soon) called Gascogne, actually a large region where the capital city is located. There is also a historical region called Asturias. Also there is a area in Holzborg called Baden, which was there before Batavia joined the MCS. Some times it is just easier to take real place names to use them. No hard feelings. I have lots of respect for Batavia.

Regards,
Last edited by Duke of Richelieu on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Sounds like it's just two different places with the same name..Was bound to happen.

Björn Ironfist

Post by Björn Ironfist »

Erik Mortis wrote:Sounds like it's just two different places with the same name..Was bound to happen.
I agree with you. I don't really see any problem here.
Björn Ironfist
Lord Warden to the Outland (Stormark)
Stormark's Rep. to the SC

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

If the name had been original one could perhaps argue intellectual property rights, but not with a RL name.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Small Commonwealth”