Amokolia?

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Björn Ironfist

Amokolia?

Post by Björn Ironfist »

Anyone have contact with this nation? I was just wondering if they are on some sort of holiday. Most of the posts on their fora are from quite some time ago; the most recent one (aside from mine) is nearly 2 weeks old. Is anyone alive there, or can I just assume the worst and make with the pillaging and plundering? :demon
Björn Ironfist
Lord Warden to the Outland (Stormark)
Stormark's Rep. to the SC

Aster

Re: Amokolia?

Post by Aster »

Its' pretty ridiculous to be honest - after their liberation Jess has invented some citizens and didn't even thank us for liberating him. It's going to die very soon, and I think the SC should discuss a possible division of land.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Aster wrote:Its' pretty ridiculous to be honest - after their liberation Jess has invented some citizens and didn't even thank us for liberating him. It's going to die very soon, and I think the SC should discuss a possible division of land.
Is that the purpose of the SC? Not that I will object, of course. We need to protect stability on our continent, isn't it? :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

The SC has no powers to divide land. If members of the SC want to use this as a convenient place to talk about a possible resolution to divide land for submission to the MCS, that's one thing, but the SC cannot back such a statement officially.

Aster

Post by Aster »

Well that was my thought. Jess accepted Ocian domination, didn't make much effort to liberate his own people from the Ocian forces, and several times threatened Ashkenatza.

I don't mean in an offical capacity - I should have said the main powers of Benecia. It's just that many of these seem to be members of the SC.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yeah. The SC as an organization wasn't created to divy up lands.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

We should invite Mr Heimer here for him to discuss the matter.

Amokolia is very important to Mr Heimer. But all other citizens seem to have vanished. In order to preserve the uniqueness of Amokolia, perhaps it could become a Commonwealth protectorate/mandate, if requested to become one by the Amokolian people or government (i.e. Mr Heimer).
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Arviður wrote:We should invite Mr Heimer here for him to discuss the matter.

Amokolia is very important to Mr Heimer. But all other citizens seem to have vanished. In order to preserve the uniqueness of Amokolia, perhaps it could become a Commonwealth protectorate/mandate, if requested to become one by the Amokolian people or government (i.e. Mr Heimer).
I'm interested in creating a treaty for mandates. That way, the members who signed that particular treaty can help to preserve and protect culture. Disputed areas could be handled too...
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Hurmu feels this is a very serious matter, mandates. If cultures and integrities of nations can be preserved, we would have done future generations a great thing.

If Hurmu hadn't entered into protectoratehoods with various states during difficult times, Hurmu would by far have not survived.

As such, Hurmu is grateful for the protection of its people, culture and diversity, and would, if possible, do its utmost to repay the nations of the world, the people of the world, both present and future, in order to keep the riches of the nations preserved.
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Aster

Post by Aster »

Look, I didn't advocate that Small Commonwealth should cut up lands officially - all I said was that since Amokolia's liberation and subsequent division was of interest mainly to SC members, it would be logical for discussions regarding Amokolia and the SC members could be hosted here. That was all!

Björn Ironfist

Post by Björn Ironfist »

All I asked was if the nation was near death...

I think I just learned a lesson about asking (in public) such a question. Sort of set off something I wasn't intending. :(
Björn Ironfist
Lord Warden to the Outland (Stormark)
Stormark's Rep. to the SC

Aster

Post by Aster »

Well, if Jess saw this thread it would be a bit harsh...harsh but true, I have to say...

Jess

Post by Jess »

:no

How does this come up?

Alright, to be honest, I am frustrated with our lack of citizens, especially because I put a lot of work into it...Anyone have any ideas for helping up survive?
Jess,
<insert titles here>
Governor of Amokolia

Aster

Post by Aster »

Oh god...sorry Jess, I didn't know you were here :( this is going to be an international relations scandal - the Nohsi will be furious! I really didn't mean to be offensive...

As for ideas to survive you could keep in contact more with the nations who liberated you from Ocian rule - I mean, to be honest, and I don't want to appear rude, Ashkenatza would be far more willing to help if you occasionally dropped in from time to time. Also, remember - even when nobody is posting on your forum, the eyes of Micras are always there - keeping up the general day to day work of state - even if its only you - is vital if you want to say alive. Pass legislation, review your provinces, initiate social and economic programmes to help Amokolia recover from Ocian rule, make images and maps...there is loads of stuff that you can do! If you got and do those things, I'm sure that you will have some new citizens in a while - keeping up activity levels is vital even when you haven't got much to say. I'll pay Amokolia a visit to have a chat with you about this and see what Ashkenatza can do to help you out.

Jess

Post by Jess »

I've tried to post in Ashkenatza, I just cant register.
Jess,
<insert titles here>
Governor of Amokolia

Aster

Post by Aster »

I'll sort that out. Don't worry.

Return to “Small Commonwealth”