Forum lay-out

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Malliki Tosha

Re: Forum lay-out

Post by Malliki Tosha »

He's second in charge, so Beta Monkey...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Would this do?

Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

No! Super Primate is here to rescue us!

From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Nice work! :D
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Nihill Romez

Post by Nihill Romez »

I like it!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm amused. That's all I'll say.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I have an edited image where I did away the white spots. I'm too lazy to upload it now. :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It would appear the SC has a mascot by accident.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:It would appear the SC has a mascot by accident.
Can you imagine the giant balloons of the mascot on a parade through Tymaria City?! :yay:
Attachments
Primate mascot.png
Primate mascot.png (201.78 KiB) Viewed 7142 times

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Godverdomme! :surprise

Jess

Post by Jess »

Maybe something in each of the member nations language? Although Amokolian wouldn't look very different from dutch, well maybe. French is also one of our languages.

Een Amokolië:

L'Toughe Malent. (The Small Commonwealth)

¡Guten tagen frijm l'Toughe Malent! (Hello from the Small Commonwealth!)

en Français

Le Petit Commonwealth (The Small Commonwealth)

Bonjour du Petit Commonwealth! (Hello from the Small Commonwealth!)
Jess,
<insert titles here>
Governor of Amokolia

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Anything going on in this department? Any ideas on a new visual style? I'm planning to make Shireroth-specific duchy colours not get displayed on the SC forums so you pretty much have freedom to choose any colours you like (*)... and I wouldn't mind a design idea that looks completely different from the Malarbor style and its derivatives. We've done that on this board before, for instance Bjorngard looked *nothing* like the Malarbor style. We could use a bit of variety.

Also, aside the style, I've been thinking that when I have the time and inclination to do this I'm going to going to blatantly steal Victoria's idea of displaying the flag of the micronation you're from on your profile. Only inside the SC forums, though. Oh, and besides the duchy citizenship colours I'm proly going to also disable showing awards/knightships/stuff in the SC forums... they don't really have a place here.

(*) It's incredibly difficult to make coloured usernames mix well with multiple visual styles. See, for instance, the King of Novatainia group in Gralus - the bright yellow colour looks just fine on the dark background of the Novatainian forums, but is unreadable on the very slight blue shade of the board front page. But in this case you don't have to worry about that since the Shirithian duchy colours don't belong in the SC anyway, and it's not difficult to make the board not display them.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I like those ideas Ari. Didn't someone put forth an idea at one point?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I really like Ari's ideas, especially the flag-for-avatar thing. And I would be very happy if whatever layout we end up with doesn't involve a cartoon monkey in any way.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I still like the idea of the Librarian as our mascot. Otherwise, Ari's ideas are good. And Ari - if no one proposes a style within a week, why don't you just pick one you feel appropriate? I can guess that this is either going to end up a non-debate or a huge argument over what is ultimately a small matter; so it might be easier for all if you just picked one.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:I'm going to blatantly steal Victoria's idea of displaying the flag of the micronation you're from on your profile.
Or you could just ask me to give you the stuff I made for it saving you time and theft :)

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Appreciate the gesture, but I'm not sure it would save that much work... I checked out the mod and it doesn't seem to require any changes that are incompatible with our forum, and I already collected the Small Commonwealth flags (why would we need anything else? :evil ) off the Forumlist... meaning that if anything is going to take time in the installation of the mod it will be the unforeseen problems and I don't think you can help with those :p
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:Appreciate the gesture, but I'm not sure it would save that much work... I checked out the mod and it doesn't seem to require any changes that are incompatible with our forum, and I already collected the Small Commonwealth flags (why would we need anything else? :evil ) off the Forumlist... meaning that if anything is going to take time in the installation of the mod it will be the unforeseen problems and I don't think you can help with those :p
Cool, aslong as you haven't take the scripts from kingdomofvictoria.com as they are writen differently and might not work like the mod scripts available :)

Return to “Small Commonwealth”