Micras Location of SC Headquarters?

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Harvey Steffke

Micras Location of SC Headquarters?

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Where exactly is the meeting place of the Small Commonwealth located in Micras terms? I figure it has to have a building somewhere Shireroth, just like how the UN has their headquarters in New York, USA.

It would also be pretty neat if we had a picture of the building, for general advertisement purposes. Maybe a hall of flags and stuff too.

Jonas

Re: Micras Location of SC Headquarters?

Post by Jonas »

I thought Shirekeep, as the subforum is located at... Shirekeep. Except if we decide that we have to create a seperated (imperial) county under the rule of the Primate? A small city, the Commonwealth Town.

Maybe we can hold a contest in which people can play architect and make a proposal of the SC building(s).
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I honestly rather just not say where it is, so we can't be called biased to one nation over another.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Perhaps the different institutions of the Commonwealth can be located in different countries?
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I suppose that could work.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I don't really see how it could work. I picture the commonwealth as a single building where delegates to go meet up and discuss proposals and sign treaties. It would logically have to exist in one particular spot.

I don't think anyone could fault Shireroth for wanting it within Shireroth boundaries, as they are already hosting the forums on their boards so putting the "physical" building there makes a lot of sense.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

A main building in a city in Shireroth is no problem to me. To me it appears that the Small Commonwealth has its HQ in Shireroth, because it is on its forum. Hence it is no problem if the main building is in Shireroth.

I am (which doens't mean Batavia as a whole is, but most likely it is) against the idea of putting different institutions of the Small Commonwealth in different countries. The Dutch Treaty Organization (Nederlands Verdragorganisatie or NEVO) suffers real problems at the moment due to inactivity. One of the reasons is the ever changing location of the meeting place. It changes every three or four months to another NEVO nation. It is not the same as placing different institutions in different nations, but I think you get the idea. The need to go to another nation for something is just really annoying. I think we've got a fine location the way it is now. Shireroth has a good forum and has made a good place for the Commonwealth.
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I also support Shirekeep. We don't have to forget that this capital is older then most of the member states. I think this city earns it. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Shirekeep suits me.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

idea: The Ruins of Tymar City. The old capital of the Tymaria. It's in the Raynor Islands, Shireroth land. There is some historical ness to the place.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Ooooh, that's historically hardcore.

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Ooooh, that's historically hardcore.
Ooooh, that must mean it's way before I turned up :p
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Why not in Hurmu - the place is a perfect neutral venue.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I made a mistake. The city is in Norfolk, Not the Raynor Islands.

It was 2004.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

More like 2002 amirite
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Maybe? It's been so long.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm in favour of a SC District in Shirekeep.
What buildings do we need?

- Primate Palace: home and workplace of the Primate and Vice-Primate.
- Assembly Building: where the meetings are hold.
- SC Bank HQ: the place where al transactions are controlled and new nations added to the database.
- Small Park: a park where people meet and talk with each other.
- Archive Centre: building with the treaties.

I can make a plan if there is some people are interested.
And think about my idea of making it a separated Imperial County, de jure ruled by the Kaiser but de facto by the Primate. :document

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Perhaps include it in Shireroth's diplomatic quarter where embassies, presumably, already are. Also, a building for the commonwealth court.
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Arviður wrote:Perhaps include it in Shireroth's diplomatic quarter where embassies, presumably, already are. Also, a building for the commonwealth court.
And a building where representatives can stay during long meetings.
I would separate the diplomatic quarter from the SC district because it could give the wrong sign: that Shirerithian foreign politics are those of the organisation.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Can the Small Commonwealth actually claim land on the MCS? We could set up an extremely small "country" for them on the map somewhere possibly.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Can the Small Commonwealth actually claim land on the MCS? We could set up an extremely small "country" for them on the map somewhere possibly.
I don't think organisations can do that... that's why I proposed to make it a separated Imperial County. :document

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Jonas wrote:I'm in favour of a SC District in Shirekeep.
What buildings do we need?

- Primate Palace: home and workplace of the Primate and Vice-Primate.
- Assembly Building: where the meetings are hold.
- SC Bank HQ: the place where al transactions are controlled and new nations added to the database.
- Small Park: a park where people meet and talk with each other.
- Archive Centre: building with the treaties.

I can make a plan if there is some people are interested.
And think about my idea of making it a separated Imperial County, de jure ruled by the Kaiser but de facto by the Primate. :document
Um no. I imagine that all delegates have diplomatic immunity anyway. And the UN building in New York City isn't an extraterritorial entity.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote: Um no. I imagine that all delegates have diplomatic immunity anyway. And the UN building in New York City isn't an extraterritorial entity.
We aren't the UN. It's not about immunity.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

The only reason for making the SC separate from Shireroth would be to make sure that the delegates are not subject to Shirerithian laws, which they aren't to begin with. I find it unlikely that the Arbiter would try to prosecute delegates for actions made in the Small Commonwealth forum. That also means that the only reason for granting the SC institutions extraterritoriality would be "for fun", which isn't that good an argument.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:The only reason for making the SC separate from Shireroth would be to make sure that the delegates are not subject to Shirerithian laws, which they aren't to begin with. I find it unlikely that the Arbiter would try to prosecute delegates for actions made in the Small Commonwealth forum. That also means that the only reason for granting the SC institutions extraterritoriality would be "for fun", which isn't that good an argument.
Separated from Shireroth? That's not really my intention. Have you forgotten what an Imperial County is exactly? I want this for cultural intentions. The Imperial County, in no way independent, would however add a nice extra dimension and would give us the feeling that the SC-HQ isn't 'just' a part of a capital.

I find fun a very good argument, btw. :document

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

But you say "de jure ruled by the Kaiser but de facto ruled by the Primate". That is extraterritoriality. This would, in a way, turn the SC into a Shirerithian subdivision and the Primate into a vassal of the Kaiser. Not really what you had in mind, heh?

I would also like to point out that the term "Imperial County" is reserved for a subdivision ruled by the Kaiser directly and not by a Duke. This should be reserved for Shirekeep.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:But you say "de jure ruled by the Kaiser but de facto ruled by the Primate". That is extraterritoriality. This would, in a way, turn the SC into a Shirerithian subdivision and the Primate into a vassal of the Kaiser. Not really what you had in mind, heh?

I would also like to point out that the term "Imperial County" is reserved for a subdivision ruled by the Kaiser directly and not by a Duke. This should be reserved for Shirekeep.
Yes, why do you think I say it would have to become an Imperial County with the Primate as de facto ruler and not de jure? On the other hand, if the kaiser wants to create a new subdivision (a Commonwealth District / Commonwealth County), I will not protest.

Vassal... hmm. in Shireroth we are all vassals, it doesn't mean much. And sure doesn't tell anything about loyalty. :D

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I'm just saying that this is a bad move. Shireroth will be viewed as controlling the SC when that is exactly what we want to avoid.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yeah. It can't be tied to the Shireroth Government.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's already in Shirekeep, making it a seperated subdivision will avoid it more or the less.

Return to “Small Commonwealth”