Micras Location of SC Headquarters?

For developing and managing the Commonwealth

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Erik Mortis

Re: Micras Location of SC Headquarters?

Post by Erik Mortis »

But that makes it a subdivision, thus part of the government. Just give it old Tymaria City in Norfolk.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I still think it couldn't hurt to contact the MCS and see if we could set up a SC-based island or something as an independent territory.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

It is only nominally in Shirekeep. Making a subdivision called "Small Commonwealth District" will only cement the view that Shireroth controls the SC.

Harvey's suggestion might work, as long as the island is not in Shirerithian red.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Put it in the old Foundation White. though by MCS rules organizations can't have land anymore. But give it a whirl.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:But that makes it a subdivision, thus part of the government. Just give it old Tymaria City in Norfolk.
But that's also Shirerithian, isn't it?
I guess that Kildare can accept a (temporary) "independence" of that city. A lease to the SC. I don't disagree with it, but I expect the MCS will not allow it.

I remember someone said Hurmu. Maybe as alternative, they can officially hold the city if the MCS doesn't accept an island under SC-colour.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Tymaria City works well cause it was the site of one of the largest mergers of ancient times. It has historical significance. It's far from the Shireroth capital and is near the center of the map.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I suspect that if the MCS does eventually agree, it will not be the sort of thing that happens right away. Will probably require a campaign of sorts.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

But this isn't a merger. It is a voluntary gathering of nations, Mr. Primate. ;)
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I know. I just like the historicalness of the site.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I have looked to the map and I see that Tymaria City is on such a tiny island that you can't see the colour.
What we have to do is just a little modification: change the colour of the city name in something else (to show it doesn't belong to Shireroth) and add some text: "Tymaria District (SC)" in black. That way we just have to do a small modification.

To make everything valid, we pass a decree in which we declare that the territory is leased to the organisation.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

After first having put it through the SC Assembly.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:After first having put it through the SC Assembly.
A Treaty of Tymaria City (original, isn't it? :p ) or just amending the Charter? If we want a Vice-Primate, we will also need to change it, so this is a good time to do it.

Beneath the modification: colour changed and added "Tymaria District".
Attachments
Tymaria District.png
Tymaria District.png (3.74 KiB) Viewed 9354 times

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

It would probably have to be a General Membership Treaty amendment for both. It would be weird to have some nations not sign the treaty on the establishment of a SC territory or to not sign the treaty establishing the Vice-Primate.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

I would prefer it not being in Tymaria City. Its history reflects merger, while we are a commonwealth of sovereignties. I cannot promise the support from the people of Hurmu on Tymaria City (any new treaties/amendments need to be passed by the Hurmu People).

Tymaria is anchored in the anglophone sector, but not in the Dutch-speaking one. Why not somewhere around Feanoria/Red Antilles, if Stormark would agree?
Last edited by Arviður on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Or we just skip it. It works good as it is now, why change that?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

If we're not going to just keep it in Shirekeep; I'd say Tymaria City works excellently, both for historicity, location, and the fact that you can't see the island its on so we can imagine its SC land without it being SC land, if that makes sense.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Arviður wrote:I would prefer it not being in Tymaria City. Its history reflects merger, while we are a commonwealth of sovereignties. I cannot promise the support from the people of Hurmu on Tymaria City (any new treaties/amendments need to be passed by the Hurmu People).
So? Two times the same thing mostly doesn't work. We send a signal that this city unites us, but the same time doesn't make us anymore then a loose organisation.
I'm sure that Batavia will accept it. :thumbsup

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

There is a point that the city does represent a merger. Something I would never myself support. And there is the point that we don't wanna alienate the Dutch speakers. I retract my support for Tymaria City. Let's move it out of Shireroth. (this is leaving the forum here right?)

The Vice-Primate (Secundus :) ) would proly need to be an amendment. Claiming a city on the map would just need to be a resolution as it doesn't really do anything.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:There is a point that the city does represent a merger. Something I would never myself support. And there is the point that we don't wanna alienate the Dutch speakers. I retract my support for Tymaria City. Let's move it out of Shireroth. (this is leaving the forum here right?)
No no no, the Dutch nations will not feel alienated by this decision. I'm pretty sure that it will get full support.
It's Shirekeep (staying here) or Tymaria City (a central place). We had nothing to do with the Red Antilles (a communist nation btw), so it doesn't have to be Stormark.
I like Tymaria City. It has a historical background, yes (are we scared because of that? Pussies! :tomcutterhamonfire ). But it's the easiest place on the map to make a SC area without changing a colour. And it's (almost) in the centre of the map.

The Vice-Primate (Secundus :) ) would proly need to be an amendment. Claiming a city on the map would just need to be a resolution as it doesn't really do anything.
Mmm. Yes, that's a possibility.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Then I guess, someone put this before the assembly. I've got the Secundus amendment in the other thread awaiting comment before I bring it before the assembly.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Batavians support Tymaria City as HQ of the SC. It could be fun: we could invite every nation to help 'building' the city (of course we have to think about the current structures).
A project for the whole Commonwealth! :document

Björn Ironfist

Post by Björn Ironfist »

On behalf of the Viking Empire of Stormark, I throw my support behind the idea that Tymaria City would be an ideal location for the Headquarters of the SC. :thumbsup

EDIT

While I am uncertain how this would work, with all factors considered, I recall something somewhat sorta kinda similar happening back in the "first age" of my micronational involvement...

A renowned citizen of Stormark (and I think he did something here as well...not sure), Earl Haldarsvik (Rob Davis) once created an organization called "Universal Arbitrations" - if I am correct. Been a while. Anyway - he petitioned the Emperor, who then granted him a small island for use by the organization...giving him semi-autonomy and such. The land was still officially Stormarkian, but was placed in the care of UA.

If we could manage something similar for the SC...it could be held that the area is semi-autonomous, a sort of neutral zone if you will. We could then use some manner of rotating responsibility for each member nation to, in turn, provide civil protection (police force or whatever sorta like the Swiss Guard in Vatican City).

Just some ideas...I'm still new here, so pardon me if I sound a little...well, Viking-ish. :demon
Björn Ironfist
Lord Warden to the Outland (Stormark)
Stormark's Rep. to the SC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

We could then use some manner of rotating responsibility for each member nation to, in turn, provide civil protection (police force or whatever sorta like the Swiss Guard in Vatican City).
I like it. :yay:
But we have to keep in mind that not every member nation (I think of the Nederlanden) have an army. We should have a treaty of 'protecting Small Commonwealth areas'.

Now, people say we have to make a resolution about this:
Resolution about the Small Commonwealth HQ

1. The headquarters of the Small Commonwealth will be located at Tymaria City.

2. The location of the HQ on Micras doesn't influence on which forum the debates are done.

3. Tymaria City is a leased area for as long the Small Commonwealth wants to use it.
3.1. If the SC collapses, the land will be returned to Shireroth.
3.2. A majority of the member states can decide to let the city rejoin Shireroth.

4. The island and city of Tymaria City will be known as Tymaria District.

5. The Tymaria District is ruled by the Small Commonwealth. The Primate and Secundus are responsible for the daily developments and administration of the District.
Last edited by Jonas on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Perhaps "When the SC collapses" should be changed to "If the SC collapses"? :p
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Björn Ironfist

Post by Björn Ironfist »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Perhaps "When the SC collapses" should be changed to "If the SC collapses"? :p
ROFL!!! Good point, lad! No need to be all self-defeating, right?? :no
Björn Ironfist

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Perhaps "When the SC collapses" should be changed to "If the SC collapses"? :p
You know that I'm not an Anglophone. I have the privilige to make as many errors as I want! :p

EDIT: the evidence has been eliminated. :evil

Björn Ironfist

Post by Björn Ironfist »

Hmm...good thing I took a screen-shot, eh? lol

Well done indeed, my friend. I think this is something we should all (hopefully) be able to agree upon.

And now that I've said that...we can sit back and watch the river of objections come flooding on in.
Björn Ironfist

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Björn Ironfist wrote:Hmm...good thing I took a screen-shot, eh? lol

Well done indeed, my friend. I think this is something we should all (hopefully) be able to agree upon.

And now that I've said that...we can sit back and watch the river of objections come flooding on in.
:yay:

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

I'd agree and since Jonas and I will convince the rest of the Batavians this is really good and necessary and stuff, Batavia will also.
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Because the Kaiser wants to get the proposal from us, I would advise to declare to him that we're interested...

Return to “Small Commonwealth”