Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Aurangzeb Khan

[Ashkenatza] Application

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

To: His Excellency Erik Mortis, Primate of the Small Commonwealth

From: The Office of the Ministry of Defence, Yabotinsky Fortress,
Borochov district, Komelnitzkiy, Republic of Ashkenatza

Our note of the 6th of July, 2009 refers

The Ministry of Defence extends its complements to the Primate of the Small Commonwealth and has the honour to inform the Primate that the Knesset of the Republic of Ashkenatza, being mindful the great sacrifices endured by the two powers in the recent liberation of Amokolia from Ocian influence, had as of the 3rd of October, 2009, approved the legislative instrument whereby the Republic of Ashkenatza would accede to the Small Commonwealth upon the occasion of His Excellency the Nohsi signing the aforementioned texts. This he has done as of the 6th of October in the form shown below. On behalf of the Ruzhin Palace the Ministry of Defence notifies the Primate of the Small Commonwealth of this fact and invites him to consider the same as constituting the formal application of the Republic of Ashkenatza to join the Small Commonwealth and to accede to the protocols of the Small Commonwealth Unified Currency Treaty.

May His Excellency please accept the assurance of his continuing to be held in the highest consideration by the Knesset of the Republic of Ashkenatza.

MAVET, MK
Moshe Goltz wrote:
A Bill for the Accession of the Republic of Ashkenatza to the Small Commonwealth

1.0. Citation
1.1. This Act may be cited as the Small Commonwealth Act 5770
2.0. Ratification of the Treaty of General Membership to the Small Commonwealth;
2.1. It is the will of the Knesset that the Nohsi of the Republic of Ashkenatza affix his signature to the Treaty of General Membership to the Small Commonwealth and notify the Small Commonwealth of having done the same.
2.2. Upon the affixing of the signature and the enactment of this Act the aforementioned treaty shall deemed as having entered into law.
3.0. Ratification of the Small Commonwealth Unified Currency Treaty
3.1. It is the will of the Knesset that the Nohsi of the Republic of Ashkenatza affix his signature to the Small Commonwealth Unified Currency Treaty and notify the Small Commonwealth of having done the same.
3.2. Upon the affixing of the signature and the enactment of this Act the aforementioned treaty shall deemed as having entered into law.
4.0.Reserve Powers
4.1. No international treaty or convention entered into by any Nohsi or his government that relates to the Small Commonwealth shall enter into force unless the Knesset has voted to approve said treaty and assent to its enactment.
4.2. No international treaty or convention so approved by the Knesset that relates to the Small Commonwealth shall affect or be construed by any court as affecting the supremacy of the Constitution of the Republic of Ashkenatza or its Knesset.
5.0. Enactment
5.1. This Act shall be deemed to have come into effect from the date of passage from the Knesset with a majority in favour.

Signed,

5th Nohsi of the Republic of Ashkenatza,
Moshe Gedaleh Goltz
Schedule One: Treaty of General Memebership to the Small Commonwealth
Treaty of General Membership to the Small Commonwealth

1. There is a commonwealth, called the Small Commonwealth, which shall consist of all signatory members of this Treaty. All member nations may send one representative to the Commonwealth Assembly.

2. Nations wishing to join the commonwealth must be approved by the Commonwealth Assembling with at least a 1/3rd plurality. If rejected, a nation may reapply in 3 months.

3. The commonwealth's day to day operations are headed and overseen by a chairman known as the Primate which shall be a permanent position once appointed by the Commonwealth Assembly. The Primate oversees the Commonwealth Assembly.

4. At any time the Commonwealth Assembly may hold a vote of no confidence and remove the current Primate. A simple majority (50%+1) is needed to remove a Primate and elect a new one. This vote is managed by the representative who proposed it.

5. Nations may leave at any time, but must give public notice of their intent to leave this treaty for it to be recognized. Upon leaving this treaty the departing nation is removed from all other treaties dependent upon this one.

6. This treaty may be amended by the Commonwealth Assembly with a 3/4th (75.0%) majority.
Schedule Two: Small Commonwealth Currency Treaty
Small Commonwealth Unified Currency Treaty

1. Any nation who has signed the General Membership Treaty may sign this Small Commonwealth Unified Currency Treaty, provided they gain approval from existing signatories.

2. An applicant to this treaty shall be considered by existing signatories. If, within a week, no existing signatory objects, the new nation shall be able to sign this treaty and issued starting currency as explained below.

3. All signatories to this treaty have a unified currency, and share a unified bank. Any participant in the economy of a signatory nation may make economic transactions with participants of any other signatory nations without restrictions, fees or tariffs.

4. Each signatory nations reserves the right to refer to the currency by whatever name they want. This does not make their currency different from the unified currency, and all the names are assumed to have a 1:1 exchange ratio.

5. Participants within this unified currency shall register their accounts in a particular signatory nation, or region thereof. By registering with that nation, participants' accounts are subject to any economic regulation or taxation of that nation, but not of any other nation.

6. The initial-initial distribution shall be as follows: Shireroth shall retain all its current currency. Gralus shall retain all its current currency.

7. After the initial distribution, no currency can be created or destroyed by the signatory nations. However, each new signatory nation is entitled to create currency for an initial distribution among citizens of that country, under the following conditions:
a. They shall count how many citizens they have who do not currently hold accounts via any existing signatory nation.
b. They shall be entitled to 7 500 units of currency per citizen counted in this manner, to be distributed as they see fit.

8. There shall be an administrator of the bank, with the power to change the region of accounts as required; to create currency for new signatory nations; and to enforce taxation.

9. This administrator shall be elected by the signatory nations. At any time the administrator may be removed by a 2/3 vote of no confidence in the administrator, at which time a new administrator shall be elected by the signatory nations.

10. Should a signatory nation withdraw from this treaty, due to death or otherwise, all currency held in accounts registered in that nation shall be removed.

Jonas

Re: [Ashkenatza] Application

Post by Jonas »

:yay:
What a glorious day!
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I have taken the steps needed on this end, but as I don't expect any problems, welcome to the Commonwealth and the Unified Currency.

If you could tell us who your representative shall be, and what subdivisions you want listed in the bank we can get the technical aspects squared away. Also, make sure to tell us your main national account so we can give it the proper privileges and starting funds.

Andreas, as bank administrator for the SCUE make sure to add them into the bank, distribute their money to them.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I will do, when the requisite one week has passed (or all current members have said they have no objections).
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Andreas the Wise

Ok, that's a week. Esteemed Ashkenatzi delegate - how many citizens do you have in accordance with part 7.a of the treaty. That is, how many citizens do you have that do not already hold an SC Bank account. (Max and Ardy are probably the only ones with an account).
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I shall get back to you with a delegate and an answer shortly(ish)

Andreas the Wise

Also - what subdivisions would you like in the bank?
Q - Director of SAMIN

Andreas the Wise

Again, I can't do much till you give me numbers and names ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

My cousin, who is currently on a hiatus from all official business and whose citizenship there is in abeyance until further notice for reasons of probity, informs me that the Szhmuel Astopov was appointed by the Knesset as representative to the SC on the 20th of October 2009.

A Motion for the Appointment of a Representative of the Republic of Ashkenatza to attend upon the Small Commonwealth

Whereas it has been noted that the present Nohsi has not been entirely enthusiastic about the Small Commonwealth let it be the will of the Knesset that someone other than the Head of State be appointed to represent the Republic at the Small Commonwealth.

1.0. Appointment:
1.1. Szhmuel Astopov is hereby appointed Representative of the Republic of Ashkenatza before the Commonwealth Assembly.

I shall instruct the MoMA to fire a rocket with a reminder attached in their general direction.

Andreas the Wise

Many thanks, your niftiness.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

http://dr-spangle.com/Mikrah/phpBB3/vie ... ?f=6&t=831

They got round to having a census in November and it has been determined that they have seven citizens (which is pretty good going). Only Arviður and Max have a bank account elsewhere in the SC.

Sub-divisions are:

Republic of Ashkenatza:
Volhyria, Izaria, Kolmenitzkiy, Porolia, Litovina, Zaprogia, White Litovina, South Litovina, Merenia, Pale, Thither Tellia, Hither Tellia & Bandar-e Rozenkhan

Autonomous Regions and Overseas Possessions:

Trans-Elwynnese Autonomous Region, Mahoz HaSephardim

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Lot of subdivisions...

Andreas the Wise

Thanks your niftiness. If the honourable Ashkenatzan delegate can alert me when he has registered a government account, I will give them their appropriate starting funds. I was so happy to get any subdivisions that I added them all in, though I think next time I'll tell a nation absolute max of 10.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Why? (though we might wanna specify major subdivisions...

Andreas the Wise

Why? Because I should have specified major subdivisions. It's meant to be for things like Shirithian Duchies. Ashkenatza looks like they submitted the equivalent of every Shirithian county. If you have more than 10, most nations will have serious trouble getting even a single account registered in each subdivision.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

In that case I suppose you could have one subdivision for Benacian/Mainland Ashkenatza, and the others can be for Trans-Elwynn, Mahoz HaSephardim, Bandar-e-Rozenkhan.
Of course then we have the issue of regular Ashkenatzi provinces which, by virtue of their location and history, may well need their own subdivisions too (i.e Komenitzkiy Capital Territory, Tsofnland, Hither Tellia, Thither Tellia)

Andreas the Wise

I've added them all now, so I won't change them. I'll just not let anyone else do it ;)

On that note - Max, would you like your account changed to be in Ashkenatza? If so, which region.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Litovina, please.
My location in Ashkenatza is usually given as 'Sunny Mazeltov'.

Andreas the Wise

Done :angel
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Small Commonwealth”