A bit of renaming

Oroigawa Koreyasu

A bit of renaming

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

I'm not gonna make this official yet (since various conlangs [yes, various, there are three] may change them, depending on my mood, and should probably be implemented beforehand), but I feel like making changes known. I plan on keeping the name McCallavre, since it's nifty and language neutral.

Heavenly Towers => Noêlle (in the local language, pronounced "Nyehl")
Rexed => Teona (in the local language, pronounced "Tsehr-ohn-ah&ot;)
Agilmo => Cånte (in the local language, pronounced "Chohn-tehr")
Sharton => Krevernal (in the local language, pronounced "Kreh-ver-nayl")

A note: If anyone has looked at the Shirewiki for McCallavre, you'll notice that there is some strong social stratification (although not really any discrimination) based on which part of McCallavre they live in (or, that's how I read "McCallavrians are infamous for their views on social order which tend to equate location with prosperity". Correct me if I'm wrong, Ari). In my mind, after reading the page, there are three layers (one for Noêlle, one for the Teona and Cånte, and one for Krevernal). I plan on giving a separate language to each layer, Noêllen, Teocåntan, and Krever, just because language is kinda my thing. ;)
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Ari Rahikkala

Re: A bit of renaming

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Three languages... tell me, would any one of them happen to have an especially logical structure, or other fun properties like being taxonomical?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Oooo, there's an Å, an Å, an Å! My all time favourite letter! :love

It would be very interesting to see how this goes on... Three languages, each specially designed for the culture attatched to it. Very very nifty. Show me what you got :)

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:Three languages... tell me, would any one of them happen to have an especially logical structure, or other fun properties like being taxonomical?
Hmm...I would guess all three would be considered a priori languages. I don't know how well that fits as a philosophical language, though...

Krever is the only one that mostly sounds how it's spelled, though. I mean, just look at those pronunciations in Noêllen and Teocåntan. I needed a couple languages that are really really wierd. Tokish was kinda...easy :p

I'll be working on these over the next few days.
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Return to “County of McCallavre”