Times Group

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Times Group

Post by Gustaaf Vermeylen »

Times Group - the largest media company of the micronational world

Several newspapers are issued:

The General Times (News from Batavia)

New Haraldsborg Times (News from Stormark)

The Republic Times (to be published - news from Flanders)

And the latest newspaper: The Shirekeep Times.

Reporter for this newspaper is Elliot Markham and has also written the first article:
NEW FACES, NEW LAWS IN SHIREROTH

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Re: Times Group

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

I read the article about Shireroth. Interesting, but a fair number of errors about government function and the rolls of various jobs.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Yeah, I read it too. But it's pretty understandable for foreigners. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Well, the Steward isn't the one in charge of forums and site.. that's MiniInfo/Int. The steward would best described as a second in command. A Vice-Kaiser if you will. The Praetor is in fact the Chairman of the Legislature.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Maybe the Kaiser can give an interview...........

Kaiser Ometeotl I

I would have no objection to such. Would be a good thing I think.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Ometeotl I wrote:Well, the Steward isn't the one in charge of forums and site.. that's MiniInfo/Int. The steward would best described as a second in command. A Vice-Kaiser if you will. The Praetor is in fact the Chairman of the Legislature.
Sstt. I liked the description of my job. :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm happy to see this project deliver us more then one articles. Good work! :)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Gustaaf Vermeylen

A new newspaper is launched: The Linge Times. Read the first article!

Kaiser Ometeotl I

You've been doing a lot of writing. Good show indeed!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Yeah, he's driving me crazy. :p

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It seems to me, Gustaaf, that your English has gotten very good in a very short time... :fish :)
Thanks for the articles. :thumbsup

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Demon of Fides

Post by Demon of Fides »

I loved the ego boost in The Demon of Micro-nationalism, and your excellent use of words to misconstrue facts: Bravo, sir, you are a true journalist!
I am confusing, have a wiki article to help: Link-a-dink

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Why thank you.

Regards,

EM - The Author

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Gustaaf Vermeylen

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I guess one of advantages of having your own newspaper is the free reign to write stuff about yourself, but at this point, the lack of an Elwynn article is becoming a bit conspicuous.

Gustaaf Vermeylen

If you do not have seen, Times Group is looking for new reporters. So you can do something about it!

Kaiser Ometeotl I

He's got ya there Harvey.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Yeah, not so much. I'm not the ones trying to run a newspaper buisness with gripping stories like Batavian ficitonal marriages from March and stock reports. I suggest something that would actually interest our sector and I get a "do it yourself" type answer... not encouraging. Besides, if I wanted to write newspaper articles myself, I have my own Apollo Aurora that I'm ignoring.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:Yeah, not so much. I'm not the ones trying to run a newspaper buisness with gripping stories like Batavian ficitonal marriages from March and stock reports. I suggest something that would actually interest our sector and I get a "do it yourself" type answer... not encouraging. Besides, if I wanted to write newspaper articles myself, I have my own Apollo Aurora that I'm ignoring.
Harvey, I can assure you that Gustaaf doesn't mean it like that. You shouldn't forget he's Batavian and doesn't know the Anglophone sector as good as... err... yes... the Anglophones. The other reporter is Elliot, who perhaps isn't interested in writing about Elwynn (or thought there wasn't much to tell about). Don't forget it's a company led by a Batavian, so it isn't totally focused on the Anglophone sector (yet). Freelancers are therefore more then welcome and I'm sure that Gustaaf meant it good when he asked you to join the team. :)

Gil'les Mel'ang

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

I'm not the ones trying to run a newspaper buisness with gripping stories like Batavian ficitonal marriages from March and stock reports.
Ahem. That marriage was quite momentous to us Batavians.

If I had more time, I'd volunteer to write on Elwynn. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot. (I will however be continuing on the work of Mr Elliot Markham for the Shirekeep Times.) Your best option, Harvey, is to volunteer to write an article every now and then for Elwynn and just send the article via Gustaf via PM and he'll post it quickly, as everyone has seen. He can create another blog as a part of his blog ring just for Elwynn, call it the Elwynnese Daily or whatever you prefer, and that is it. It is really that simple, and that is largely how Shireroth got its newsblog. Had Elliot not volunteered to write it, Shireroth might not have had one. So you volunteering is the first step.

Return to “South End Business District”