Registering BGI

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Harvey Steffke

Registering BGI

Post by Harvey Steffke »

This isn't official yet. If nothing else I want to talk with Bill, and also I have some other economic-related questions.

I will start with 20 shares of stock. Bill will start with 10. The remaining 70 will be made available for public offer.

There are no votes or meetings planned so there's no having a controlling share of the stock or anything like that, so don't buy stock and expect to tell me what games to program. But shares of stock will be valuable in several ways.

When a BGI game project is sold, each shareholder will get 0.5% of the profits per share of stock on each and every sale. So if a game sells for 1000 :erb, each shareholder would get 5 :erb from the sale. This includes Bill and I. All of the remainder goes to the creator of the game. Right now, with 70 of the 100 stocks unclaimed, the creator would end up with 85% of the profits, but if all 100 shares sell that would lower to 50%, plus whatever they'd get from owning stocks.

In addition, owning stocks in BGI enables you to call upon favors from people such as I for free when normally I'd charge a fee. This free work includes:
{1 stock} - Advanced tech support. Basic tech support is always free on all products, but advanced support means the company would create specialized fixes for your specific problems, which may be a very time-consuming task on our part.
{5 stocks} - Basic sprite design at a fairly regular basis. Normal basic sprite design rates are 50 :erb.
{5 stocks} - Beta testing for your own products, including submissions of all known bugs as well as "balance testing" to weigh opinions on what worked and did not work in a game. This is a lot more annoying than fun at times.
{10 stocks} - Advanced sprite design, which covers anything that may take me between a half hour and an hour to complete. I would normally charge 100 :erb for this type of work.
{10 stocks} - Cameo and "Easter egg" appearances in BGI products, continuity be damned!
{15 stocks} - "Unreasonable" sprite work, which covers anything that would take more than a couple hours of dedicated work. The basic fee for this is at least 200 :erb, potentially more depending on the complexity. How often you can request this sort of free work depends solely on how much time I think it would take me to complete. Not all requests are feasible and accepted solely at the artist's (at the moment, just me) discretion.

Offering price yet to be decided, mostly because I'm looking at the wildly unreasonable prices of other companies on the stock market (1000 :erb and 2000 :erb for a single unit of stock?!?!) and, in light of having no reasonable standard of comparison, am not entirely sure what I want to set pricing at.

Anyone have thoughts before I make things official? Especially Bill? I still think our economy is still pointless and silly (and dying) but I guess I can try to do my part.

Erik Mortis

Re: Registering BGI

Post by Erik Mortis »

the bank can handle stocks... (not as well as I would like but it can)

Andreas the Wise

Re: Registering BGI

Post by Andreas the Wise »

1000 is a lot for a stock. I would suggest putting them at no more than 250 (the price ISI was originally released at). But I suppose it depends how many you want to sell.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “South End Business District”