Shirithian Zodiac?

A project to create a fictional astronomy for Shireroth and its world
Fax Celestis

Shirithian Zodiac?

Post by Fax Celestis »

I've set out a basis for the Shirithian Zodiac below, with dates for each section. Each sign is 26 days long, and there are 15 signs in a year.Yes, you're saying the math doesn't add up. Well, the Day of the Dead has it's own sign.Preliminary is as follows, updates as per suggestion:Viviantiana 1 - Viviantiana 26Potential zodiac signs: Viviantiana 27 - Mo'lluk 24Potential zodiac signs: Horjin. Horjin is a hunter-god, but a protective hunter-god and therefore should fit in reasonably well within Viviantia's gaze. In addition, Mo'll is agricultural and weather-oriented; Horjin's natural tendencies fit well here too.Mo'lluk 25 - Semisuary 22Potential zodiac signs: Semisuary 23 - Ifnin 20Potential zodiac signs: Ifnin 21 - Agnifiero 18Potential zodiac signs:Alejia. Ifni and Agni (luck and fire, respectively) can be reasonably linked to passion.Agnifiero 19 - Krondokin 16Potential zodiac signs: B'caw. Agni is fire, B'caw is spicy. Krond is the warrior, and the Knights of the Burning Claw are a shoo-in for this.Krondokin 17 - Ikolstyme 14Potential zodiac signs: Ikolstyme 15 - Biternionsmoon 12Potential zodiac signs: Biternionsmoon 13 - Qarbinionsmoon 10Potential zodiac signs: Qarbinionsmoon 11 - Brezian 8Potential zodiac signs: Brezian 9 - Anandjan 6Potential zodiac signs:Somnis. Breizan's peace and Anandja bliss can be combined into sleep.Anandjan 7 - Vanchauslurk 4Potential zodiac signs: Vanchauslurk 5 - H'Graasreign 2Potential zodiac signs: H'Graasreign 3 - H'Graasreign 28Potential zodiac signs: Homer. This sign is completely watched over by H'Graa, god of wrath, and what better sign for this than the god of poets and slackers? On one hand you've got the angst of writer's block, and the other you've got another deadly sin: sloth. Can't go wrong.Day of the DeadPotential zodiac signs:Mors, definitely.Now, by no means should the method I've used here (of combining the powers of the gods who rule over the months involved in the zodiac) be the only one. If you have other suggestions that involve other methods, please help me. I can't (and really don't want to) do this alone. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink RegigoraaukEdited by: Fax Celestis  at: 11/11/05 21:31

UEC

Re: Shirithian Zodiac?

Post by UEC »

go to 13 symbols.. as there are 13 months... than we can connect the two culturally.. it'll make things make more sense... in my correct oppinion . E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Our own Zodiac is based on what constellations are in the night sky at a particular time of year, right? Why not wait until we have the starmaps agreed upon, and then identify constellations and name our zodiac after them?I think we're missing an opportunity to make up some zodiac names if we just name them after gods as well, though maybe that's just me. I know cultural continuity would be nice, but we need to inject some new stuff every now and then.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Thats probably a better method. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Nods* There's got to be some mythical animals, legendary heroes, famous objects we can use...Although of course, if we're going to do the whole night sky, there'll be plenty of constellations to name, not just the ones associated with the zodiac.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

If this is just going to be a Cedrist thing, I don't see the point in participating. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Who said it's going to be Cedrist?Hell, Soloraluism has its own calendar, neh? Make your own Zodiac to mix with that. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

*nods*Good ideas thus far. And I agree with Fax. The Shirerithian and Solarist calendars can be like the Western and Georgian calendars IRL (for an example, I mean).It would also help those of us who don't know the Shirerithian calendar if you put real dates with the corresponding Zhiriac (a spin on Zodiac and Shireroth ok...) dates. Useless art is simply tolerated vandalism. I am a vandal.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Quote:If this is just going to be a Cedrist thing, I don't see the point in participating.What Fax and Ryan said. Besides which, I imagine that an Astonomy society would not only focus only on the zodiac; otherwise this would be the Micronational Astrology Society. Remember all that stuff on the Atos system? The various planets and moons and such? That's some astronomical stuff, right there...

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Meh. One thing: SOLORALISM. Spell. It. Right. Part of the problem I find is that when a group effort is made, I then insert the group effort into Soloralism by including it. You guys would therefore distance yourselves from it because it is Soloralist, despite the fact that the only reason why I would include it would be to include many different parts of micronationalism into an almost purely micronational concept.Either way, Soloralism already has a lot of Astronomy related stuff, especially the CoD series. The game Nightcrash takes place on the planet Geldica; the Existance Core is found in the middle of a spiraling galaxy of Empathi Field; Sealed Gate takes place on multiple planets in the battle against Fate; Control of Destiny 1's final dungeon is the moon of Micras; Control of Destiny 3 has a trip to the planet Indigo in the Atos System.I also wonder whether or not we are even in the same universe as the real world. I would assume not. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

UEC

Post by UEC »

Astrology != AStronomyGAH!... sorry... I keep seeing them used interchangably.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

.....not in this thread, so far as I can see.Bill, if you've got astronomical stuff done up already, then by all means include it. Just don't expect the MAS to become a Soloralist institution then either. There is such thing as a neutral ground, you know. Not everything that isn't Soloralist is Cedrist.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

//indicates Eoin's postWhat he said. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Return to “The Micronational Astronomy Society”