Charter v1.1

Moderator: Gman Russell

b3n|<3r|\|

Charter v1.1

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

No changes at all - but I think it needs its own separate topic.
Charter of the Ducal Diet of Yardistan
v1.1

Article I. Definitions & Clarifications
i. The phrase "Ducal Diet of Yardistan" or "Diet of Yardistan" refers to the assembly formed by the convention of the Duke of Yardistan, his Barons and other people granted access by the Duke and/or the Diet.
ii. All instances of the use of the word "Yardistan" refer to the Duchy of Yardistan as opposed to the County of Yardistan, except where the word "Yardistan" is followed by the phrase "County of".
iii. The phrase "Access to the Diet" refers to speaking and voting rights in the Diet, rather than viewing access. All members of the Shirerithian fora are granted viewing access to the Diet.

Article II. Role of the Diet
i. The Diet of Yardistan exists primarily as a place for the Barons of Yardistan and other people other than the Duke to create laws for Yardistan.
ii. The Diet of Yardistan also provides a place for the nobles of Yardistan to officially have their say on matters of state such as Landsraad Bills.
iii. The Diet of Yardistan thirdly shall consider the matter of the food-related diet of Yardistan whenever it sees fit.

Article III. Access to the Diet
i. Those with permanent membership to the Diet are:
-Duke of Yardistan
-Anarch of Yardistan
-Barons within Yardistan
-Count of the County of Yardistan
ii. With the unanimous approval of the Diet, other people may be granted permanent access to the Diet.
iii. The Duke of Yardistan may grant people the right to speak in the Diet but only a unanimous decision of the Diet itself can grant someone full access to the Diet.
iv. The Duke of Yardistan presides over the Diet as Ceann and opens and closes the voting periods on Bills (see Article III). The Duke of Yardistan may grant this position to someone else if he so chooses.

Article IV. Proceedure of the Diet
i. Any items of discussion in Yardistan that develop into a matter for the Diet to vote on may be put before the Diet by any permanent member in the form of a Bill.
ii. After at least 24 hours of discussion, the Ceann may open voting on the Bill.
iii. After 48 hours of voting, the Ceann may close voting on the Bill. He may choose to extend the voting period if there is a poor turnout of permanent members.
iv. After the voting has been closed on a Bill, the Ceann will declare whether or not the Bill has been passed. A 2/3 majority is required for most Bills to be passed; however a Bill of Amendment or Bill of Dissolution requires a 3/4 majority in favour to pass.
v. On passing, a Bill then becomes an Act of the Diet and is considered Law in the Duchy of Yardistan.

Article V. Amending this Document
i. This Charter may be amended by the Diet of Yardistan in a Bill of Amendment.
ii. The Duke of Yardistan may amend this document through a Ducal Decree.

Article VI. Dissolution of the Diet
i. The Duke of Yardistan may dissolve the Diet through a Ducal Decree.
ii. The Diet of Yardistan may dissolve itself through a Bill of Dissolution.

Article VI. Enactment
i. This Charter shall come into effect on the date of the sealing and signature of this document by the Duke of Yardistan.

Article VII. Ensurance of Anarchy & Yardistanism
i. At any point during the proceedings of the Diet of Yardistan, any Yardistani may type in all caps "FOR YARDISTAN!!!" at which point all voting members of the Diet must immediately stop what they are doing and throw pies at one another.
ii. The Diet of Yardistan may at any time be annexed by the Yardistani Annexation Corps.

Be it so enacted on this date, 3261 ASC!
Signed & Sealed by Dolphin-Duke Benkern, Anarch of Yardistan
INSANIA VULT
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Return to “Diet of Yardistan”