Some things for the Governement

Post by Jonas »

A little proposal:

Name:
I like the name 'Maraguo Vrystaat'. :)

Head of state:
- The Shirithian Kaiser
- The Batavian King

Head of Governement: A President, Duke (Hertog), Grand-Duke (Groothertog), Prime Minister (Minister-President),... ?
This Head will represent Maraguo in the Landsraad and in the Raad van Staten (the legislative chamber of the Commonwealth).

Legislative power: We can use the name Kehl, if Erik approves it :)
The Kehl is a parliament with the Barons, Counts and peasants. Only Barons have the right to vote about certain matters. These certain matters are declaring a veto about a (Ducal) Decree.
The Head of Governement, appointed by the Kaiser (or chosen by Barons?), can write Decrees like a normal Duke.
The Shirithian Landsraad can make laws.

Subdivisions:
The Vrystaat is divided in Baronies (Baroniën) and Counties (Graafschappen) (or will we take other names?).
What city will be the capital? Enhasa as one of the older cities, or another one?

Maybe we can get some of the Amokolian lands in the Vrystaat, next to the old Jasonian island.

Languages:
English and Dutch are both recognised languages. However, laws and Decrees made in English don't need to be translated (so we don't have to wait untill someone translated a decree or law).
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Re: Some things for the Governement

Post by Erik Mortis »

I still hold out hope for using that name...

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Are we definitely getting them in the Landsraad? At this stage, I think it's more a place under the laws of the two nations but without power in either assembly ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Whether Maraguo is represented in the Landsraad is for the Landsraad to decide... but, for what it's worth, if Landsraad-created law applies to Maraguo, then at least they have a legitimate claim of *needing* representation (except that, you know, Jonas and I and whoever else of our dukes who joins will be able to do that job in practice anyway, so we can ignore it except for maybe a ceremonial right-to-talk-but-not-vote anyway).

Btw, regarding the leader's name: Freelord? That's a literal translation of the German Freiherr, which is kind of equivalent to Baron except it makes the land an allodial (sovereignly owned by the local lord) instead of a fief :)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Unless it's a Duchy, the Charter prohibits them from the Landsraad.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Hmm... true... and we can't have an official agreement regarding Landsraad representation between a duchy and the Vrystaat because that would be foreign policy...

... so let's just go with my plan and not make it subject to the Landsraad in the first place. That way there will be no need for even ceremonial representation :)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I like the sound of Ari's idea. Saves us alot of trouble.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

So we just have our own 'parliament', wich isn't subjected to the Landsraad.

Freelord, in Dutch Vrijheer. I never heard about a title like that before but we can use it if there aren't any counterproposals.
Or we could chose a title that doesn't need any translation: Imperator, Marag (from Maraguo),...
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Vrijheer is a feudal title in the Netherlands. Despite such titles being obsolete, the Dutch monarch still holds the title of, if male, Erf- en Vrijheer van Ameland, or if female, Erf- en Vrijvrouwe van Ameland.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harald of Froyalan wrote:Vrijheer is a feudal title in the Netherlands. Despite such titles being obsolete, the Dutch monarch still holds the title of, if male, Erf- en Vrijheer van Ameland, or if female, Erf- en Vrijvrouwe van Ameland.
Yes, you're right. But I prefer a title that doesn't need to be translated. Like I said before: something like Marag.

But if everyone wants a Vrijheer/Freelord... :thumbsup

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Jonas wrote:Yes, you're right. But I prefer a title that doesn't need to be translated. Like I said before: something like Marag.

But if everyone wants a Vrijheer/Freelord... :thumbsup
Why don't we just leave it as "Vrijheer"? Like the Shahanshah of Babkha, that's a persian word but in the anglophone sector we still call him Our Beloved Shahanshah. :) No unnecessary translation... plus freelord just sounds weird.
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO

It takes moo to mango!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Or Vryheer, from Vrystaat. :)

Jess

Post by Jess »

Or Belgian Waffle

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Yummers. :tomcutterhamonfire

It takes moo to mango!

Return to “Maraguo interim forum”