Inside the Tony Au...

A project to write and synchronize fiction about Shireroth's past
AngelGuardian93

Inside the Tony Au...

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

...lies several interesting books and such. Including a breif history of the Apollo Sector. Perhaps we should move it and sticky it here? There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Re: Inside the Tony Au...

Post by Shyriath »

Hmmmm... yes, that might be a good idea.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Is'nt that the REAL history of such things.. and not fictional history? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

AngelGuardian93

Yes I believe so, but it might be usefull to simply have around anyway. We may not be "Apollo" as you say, but we must know our roots. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

UEC

Post by UEC »

but fictional history wise.. we have NO roots there.. (kildare may)... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

AngelGuardian93

Well, if this isn't the forum, where then? There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

UEC

Post by UEC »

Where it is? E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

AngelGuardian93

But no one can see it there... There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

UEC

Post by UEC »

It's not locked... Or shouldn't be... so it's just up to them to go there... (not that many people come here either..) E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

AngelGuardian93

Oh it isnt hidden? My bad. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I dunno, I just realized I can't see it.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote: but fictional history wise.. we have NO roots there.. (kildare may)...The lands of Shireroth are just west of the lands of Kildare, past a relatively small sea. Even if Shireroth does not have fictional roots with Kildare, that doesn't mean that there would not be a relationship, since obviously Kildare would have contact with Shireroth. There's also the fact that Shireroth absolutely had contact and influence during the real ages - it did merge with Jasonia and Audentior, and that should still be addressed as to how exactly it would effect the sim-history. I believe I have some of the discussions in another thread. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

UEC

Post by UEC »

I don't want it to come into effect in the sim history... Cause I don't care... Jasonia and Audentior can go fuck themselves fictional history wise for all I care....It was a mistake to drag Shireroth around with me to those nations.... I should have left it independent and just gone myself and did my own thing...My plan for Kildare was to just invade it cause we could.. cause.. that's why we picked it up... Cause we could.... What's an empire if it doesn't expand whenever it can.. doesn't matter where too. Just expand.. that's why we grabed Amity... UAS... Automatica... Norfolk... etc.. cause we could... Land was land in those days.. no one really cared about it till the maps came out... So I went out and took over whatever I could to increase the Empire.. like all Emperor do... It's what I did in Tymaria... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

...don't try to start something now, Erik. Me and Shyriath had been quite productive and cooperative working together, and I am not going to have you ruin the partnership just because of your Apollophobia.I'd also like to point out that you founded Shireroth because John convinced you that Harvey was evil, not because you wanted to stay away from Apollonian micronationalism. Do not try to rewrite history just because of your own grudges. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 11/1/05 18:44

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

And you don't tell him what to think! Erik's part of SSHIT too you know, just as Shyriath and you are. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

UEC

Post by UEC »

wtf are you talking about Bill... John had nothing to do with me Founding Shireoth..I may have let him think he did.. But I'de been planing a micronation since first learned about them.. Don't you rewrite history Bill. You've done enough of it.. to make you look like the ever present victim in every fucking situation.... And you know what.. I'm sick of people always trying to be the victim... I've had enough with people in my real life suffering from victim complexes. So leave me the fuck alone about the foundation of Shireroth and why I did it.. How the bloody hell could you know what was in my head than? I was barely talking to you... So bugger off.. And NO! I won't leave... So don't IM me again asking me too.... E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Me, rewrite history? Says you! You are the one trying to rewrite history, degrading the significance of Audentior and Jasonia, and all the other nations. Ignoring the actual history in the fictional history ruins the entire point of the history in the first place! Just because you have a grudge with the past does not mean you should not include it! I never said I was the victim, although Jasonia sure was the victim when it came to its death - don't you remember your constant abuse of the system! As well, I got the information through old conversation logs that I have been looking at. I'm not planning to look like the victim. Just the opposite - I am defending myself. I am not going to let you degrade the history of the past. And if you want us to work together, you have to be willing to make compromises. Remember why you left in the first place. You arn't a victim, either, as you had made yourself be in your posts. I feel sceptical, because you havn't changed during your break when it comes to these issues.As well, trying to say that Shireroth was not Apollonian ruins the entire point of the label in the first place - it wasn't a matter of culture, it was a matter of diplomacy and micronational connectivity! I'd also like to mention that the Apollo Sector died a long time ago, so don't try to tell me that I am saying that Shireroth is Apollonian now, considering that the label has no meaning to place in today's world. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 11/2/05 8:26

UEC

Post by UEC »

Bill.. you change the Label Apollo to fit whatever you need it to be...I can ignore REal history in the Fictional history cause SSHIT's mandate only really brings it up to the 3rd Era.. when real history takes over...I recall a conversation with SHyriath were we spoke about SSHIT not going past the 3rd Era so as not to conflict with real events..And it's call a FICTIONAL history for a bloody reason.and you wanna know why I'm not being nice to you.. Cause i'm tired of pussy-footing around you.. I've been having to do it for years... I'm tired of having to hold my oppinions back so you can not be upset... So I'm done. I'll say whatever the hell I have to say to you. Got it?Now, When it comes to Shireroth has a whole, Jasonia and Audentior really have no impact in the fictional history. I don't deny that Audentior may have had an impact in Kildare, should we decide to even care. Honestly, I make no pretense to hide the fact I rather have Shireroth build something of it's own instead of having to relay, and be constrained by your Apollonian Dogmas.Anyways, you are the one who braught this into this thread Bill. I was just talking to people about how a REAL history book didn't really concern SSHIT as it covers real events not fictional ones. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

AngelGuardian93

Oh awesome, someone brought back the Tony Au. Sweet. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

UEC

Post by UEC »

And as for old Chat logs.. One.. if you do have logs of my conversations.. than someone violated trust.. or something... And you shouldn't have them... those where conversations in private...And if you do have them... what do I care what I told John.. He tried to use SHireroth as a Automatic Staging ground... I knew that then.. and I know it now... So whether he gave me the final push to finally make Shireroth or not.. does it really matter? If I did it on my own to make a nation seperate from all the APollo crap... than I did.. if he confinced me Jasonia was evill.. same difference.. I still made SHireroth to get away form Apollo crap...If the post still exsisted.. I'de show you..I'm tired of you saying EVerything is APollo, evolved from APollo, or influenced by APollo. You keep trying to attach you.. "Apollo Legacy" to everyone and everything... The MCS Sector... also known as the "Micras Sector" has nothing to do with Apollo. it has APollo nations once.. but it's international.. ANY nation could join at any time... it's not about Apollo. Maybe the name "Micras" has... APollo roots... but that's just cause you convinced everyone to use that name a while back.. The more Accurate term would be the old one.. "MCS Sector" So yeah.. I'm sick of it... You try to claim everything was because of a dead and obscure Sub-section of Micronations... No one outside of you and maybe a small few care about the Apollo sector.. it's long gone... it's influences are small. and few... Most are gone.. a few names are all that remain. The cultures of the Micronations at large have NOTHING to do with Apollo. Shireroth developed it's own culture over the years, influenced by Me, Fax.. Nick.. Stone.. ect.. and than changed again as new people came in.. and evolved on it's own... Any APollo ness now is cause you keep trying to infuse it EVERYWHERE!It's a relic Bill. And so are you. Stuck in a place that diead years ago, unwilling to see that people have created their own worlds, ideas.. and nations... and that the APollo sectors influence is over.. only you remain...You also like to lump anything you can into the term Apollo Sector.. What exactly.. WAS the culture of the APollo sector BIll? Did it even have one? Or was it Just Jasonia.. what you call APollo Sector culture is just Jasonian Culture.. it isn't Audentior, GAPR... Demosian.. none of them... You say Shireoth was APollo so that you can claim Apollo lives on.. and that it still influences everytihng.. But it DOESN:TAnd to lump everything into the Term "APollo" is to remove the credit of those that created anything.. and attribute it all to a label... and in a way.. The individuals... It wasn't a grand unified Sector.. but individuals who created anything. That has lasted.. it wasn't the sector that created the term Micras.. it was you pushing the term Micron down the MCS' throat... And so we got sick of it and to shut you up made the term Micras. Fnord was much more representative of the cultures of the MCS nations at the time... I wanted Fnord.. And what's left aside from names? Our use of forums..? Ever notice that alot of nations we have never even heard of uses forums.. and that EZboard is one of the largest free forum services out there? has been for a while. I run into ezboards all the time... many having nothing to do with Micronations, but that I still run into for accual use. ISTG.. the group I do LARP with used one for a while.. they knew nothing of Micronations! You seem to want to say everything whether coincidence, or not is proof of APollo Culture.You're Apollo Legacy doesn't exsist.. and is negligible at best. Many things leave impressions after they are gone... But those fade and die with time...When Shireroth is gone it too will be forgotten, and any influence it had will fade. Till nothing remains.. and I'm fine with that..And before you say anything about the MCS... cause it came to at least my mind... the MCS is'nt of Shireroth.. nor is it of Apollo. It was created for everyone... no matter where thier nation haled from. thus.. Micronational.. Cartography Society.. Not SHireoth.. not APollo.. but MICRONATIONAL!So was the LoM Apollo? Was LoSS? Audenior had a place with them... and ties.. does that make them Apollo?You are holding onto a legacy and a concerpt that is dead and gone bill. Apollo nations had there time.. why can't you let the newer nations have their time now?All nations have their time... than die.. as all Micronationalists have their time... than leave... Whatever remains.. remains... whatever fades.. fades. Except it... and stop trying to make something long dead still live... No one outside the few Apollo folks that Shireroth picked up would even remember Apollo if it weren't for you. You are the only one pushing it, the only one who really seems to care.I've been trying to build something new for SHireroth for years... and you only try to push an old dead label on what others try to create, trying to claim it for yourself. I renounced any connection I personally had with the Apollo sector years ago.. And I wish I had never even looked at the Apolyton forums.. for that is all I really ever did there... but that's enough for you to hang me by.. with a dead label of a dead world...So let the world be Bill.. Let the newer nations have their own life without trying to attach your APollo to them.. trying to soak up some of their glory...And as for my abusing the system in Jasonia... who railroaded who through the courts? Who got who banned? You are the one that turned me against Jasonia Bill... I still don't get where you claim I helped destroy it.. by the time it was dying I had moved onto Shireroth...completely.. and didn't care. You let your own nation fizzle. So don't try blaiming others for the inevitable death of that nation. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I thought it was already ther.. there.. hehe.. guess that's what I get for having admin.. I can't tell when something goes missing..Joseph must have archived it. Erik Mortis BrookshireEricir Murtil ranna ChasemónCount of Monty CriscoRetired Ex-Everything.Member of The Programmers' Guild of ShirerothShirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I agree in that it personally doesn't interest me in real life.. but it IS important. Erik Mortis BrookshireEricir Murtil ranna ChasemónCount of Monty CriscoRetired Ex-Everything.Member of The Programmers' Guild of ShirerothShirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

History is dumb and boring. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...Edited by: osmose1000  at: 11/2/05 13:09

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

This whole thread is starting to reek of historical revisionism. Erik, you seem to hate certain parts of the past and want to imagine they never happened. Bill, you seem to love certain parts of the past and wish they still existed. It's no wonder you two are always at eachother's throats: you're bascially polar opposites when it comes to things like this.I agree with some of what Erik said, and disagree with some. I'm not here to start another fight about who did what and why way back then. I just thought this was woth pointing outQuote:It's a relic Bill. And so are you. Stuck in a place that diead years ago, unwilling to see that people have created their own worlds, ideas.. and nations... and that the APollo sectors influence is over.. only you remain...It's a good quote. A bit bitter and offensive maybe, but there's truth there. Don't hate the past. Don't worship the past. Talk about it if you want to and work it into your stories but don't start warping it to fit what you claim you were thinking so many years ago. And that's directed at both of you. Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.

Liam Sinclair

Post by Liam Sinclair »

It's worth noting that Apollo micronations made up a small percentage of the Anglophone Sector, and dominated the Micras sector only in its initial development. Most micronationalists in the Anglophone Sector over the past 5 years are not here because of Apolyton.net or the Apollo Sector. In Bill's world, Apollo is the be all and end all. In reality, it wasn't as important to the grand scheme of the Anglophone Sector as he believes it is.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*nods to Harvey*He has a point. Erik Mortis BrookshireEricir Murtil ranna ChasemónCount of Monty CriscoRetired Ex-Everything.Member of The Programmers' Guild of ShirerothShirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

UEC

Post by UEC »

btw.. I would like to appalogize for my terseness/anger toward you recently.. I've been having a hard time recently.. in fact.. the last 8 months of my life have just kinda sucked.. and I'm haveing alot of trouble coping... and drinking wasn't really that great an idea... but I can't blaim my drinking for all of it... So I'm sorry.. I still feel the way I feel, and hold the same oppinions, but I could have been a lil more civil about it.. E. Metzler (UEC)Duke of Brookshire"Never use a BOO/\/\ist as a diplomat" -- GSClicky Clicky..., Tiss for your own good ya know.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Oje disperato. *Holds his head* Here we go again.I will say, for my part, that I'm more keen on trying to do the Third Era someday, or at least the earliest parts of it, than I was when last I discussed the topic with Erik. If this would cause undue trouble, then very well, I can forgo adding it to the official history; but as a side project of my own, fictionalizing the Third Era would be an enjoyable exercise, and that way I could do it without stepping on anyone's toes (directly).I will also say that I am still interested in having material on Kildare for a background history, such as was compiled for Yardistan (and as I hope to do for other subdivisions). Thus far, the material Bill has collected is the best candidate for this that I've seen yet. The only other choice that's obvious to me is to make up an entirely new backstory... not that it isn't possible, but it would be SSHIT to go through, if you'll pardon the expression.Now... is there any chance, any at all, that we can just not argue about this right now? I've been working on the Fictional History in a linear manner so far, and if I continue to do so at the present rate, it'll take quite a while to get to the Third Era anyway. Perhaps, then, such considerations can be put aside till we actually GET there.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*nods agreement* Erik Mortis BrookshireEricir Murtil ranna ChasemónCount of Monty CriscoRetired Ex-Everything.Member of The Programmers' Guild of ShirerothShirerithian ElderGeneral in the YAC

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Thank you. *Looks relieved*

Return to “Shireroth Standardized History Initiative Team”