Kildare Timeline

A project to write and synchronize fiction about Shireroth's past
Bill3000

Re: Kildare Timeline

Post by Bill3000 »

The timeline will start with real-world events. (rather, micronational events that actually happened) In the process of converting the dates now. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Bill3000

Kildare Timeline

Post by Bill3000 »

b23 - The Emperors, an organization to reunify the nations, is created by Studlåm and is based in the Audente town of Epoli. They are violently opposed by provincal nationalists.0 - The Apolyton Nation is founded by the unification of the Gracian Kingdom and the United Republic, with the efforts of the freedom fighting group, the Emperors, who kidnapped the King of the Gracian Kingdom in order to force the treaty.70 - Because of the vast amount of crime and disorder in Apolytown, the city of Apolytown is razed by the Apolyton army, in a hope to start the city anew. Mass riots occur in other Apolyton Nation cities because of this atrocity.81 - The Apolytonian government collapses. Apollonia is in anarchy by the loss of a regional government.88 - The city of Apolytown is refounded.113 - Audentior offically declares independence from Apolyton Nation, taking the former provinces of Audentior, Automatica, and Pinkania. 144 - The United Demesos is founded on the ashes of the former Apolyton province of Demesosia.167 - The people of Automatica vote to secede from Audentior, taking Pinkania with it.179 - AIN Elections begin. Blackrock is founded.181 - AIN Elections end.194 - The Audentior PSI Corps are created.196 - The Automatic War starts as the United Demesos declares war on Automatica in order to liberate the country from its dictator, John Sager.197 - The Flying Islands of Jasonia are founded as the island of Pinkania rises from the ground by its newly installed Antigrav engines and declares independence from Automatica.199 - Communist rebels from Automatica successfully split from the nation, forming the Great People's Republic in the chaos.213 - The remnents of Automatica proper rejoin with the GPR to form the Great Automatic People's Republic.223 - MyNation is invaded and annexed jointly by the United Demesos and Blackrock.226 - Audentior changes government systems, as Evon von Christoph is named Chancellor of Audentior and its dominions.228 - Chancellor Evan von Christoph makes sweeping changes to the Audente infrastructure, effectively making Audentior an Empire.232 - Audentior goes into an alliance with the United Demesos. Both Audentior and the United Demesos attempt to annex Acolia.233 - Skirmish in Acolia. ACOLers offers stiff resistance to Audente presence. Former Prime Minister of Audentior, MarkL, creates an opposition government to the new Audente Empire.237 - Gene Saquid, a veteran government offical of Audentior, resigns from all government positions. Audentior begins to rapidly decline as a power.239 - The Demesosian War bgins. The United Demesos invadees the GAPR and gains major ground, but a massive counterattack by the Jasonians and Automatics push the Demesosian Army back into the UD and manage to capture Demesos City. Start of the downfall of the United Demesos.245 - A rebel army manages to recapture most Demesosian cities from the Jasonian and Automatic occupation, but it is too late. The UD had suffered massive damage, both in population and 262 - Beginning of the Third Era in Shireroth.278 - Foundation of a new Audentior as Shireroth, Jasonia, Tapfer, and Hyperborea merge. The Jasonian islands are grounded as a large amount of immigrants from the merged nations land in Airosamente for a new life.296 - Automatica annexed to Blackrock.324 - Riots in Audentior.340 - Beginning of the collapse of Audentior. Shireroth secedes from Audentior.341 - Jasonia secedes from Audentior.344 - Shireroth is annexed into Jasonia.348 - Tapfer is annexed into Jasonia.351 - Hyperborea is annexed into Jasonia.360 - A holiday and fair is celebrated in Jasonia, celebrating the 9-year anniversary of the annexation of Hyperborea.357 - The Confederation of Hau'Oli'Ena is annexed into Jasonia.359 - The nation of Treesia takes a claim to MyNation, provoking an international incident with Blackrock.386 - The Flying Islands of Jasonia changes its name to Aeronesia.396 - Aeronesia joins the League of Micronations, gaining contact with various micronations in other parts of Micras.405 - Erik Metzler is banned from Aeronesia in a decision by its national court. The province of Antarctica secedes from Aeronesia, forming the People's Republic of Hell.406 - Treesia annexed to Blackrock.408 - The Lukewarm war is announced between Aeronesia and the People's Republic of Hell.411 - Erik Metzler is unbanned from Aeronesia.413 - Hau'Oli'Ena secedes from Aeronesia, igniting the Infernal War.418 - Aeronesia changes its name back to the Flying Islands of Jasonia.422 - Infernal War ends with the signing of the Treaty of the Gods. The Flying Islands of Jasonia is declared the winner.423 - As part of the spoils of war, the Flying Islands of Jasonia annexes Norfolk. The Infernal Age ends.426 - Thomas Hubert accuses the Flying Islands of sponsoring of various terrorist attacks in the People's United Republic.435 - Secretary-General Shane T. Odlum resigns from his position in Blackrock. He disbands the nation, giving Automatica and Treesia as gifts to high-position Blackrock officals.438 - The Barony of Treesia is founded.448 - The Three Hour's War occurs as the People's United Republic is invaded. Hubert is exiled from the Apollo Sector. Mar Sara is annexed into the Flying Islands of Jasonia.454 - The Union of Apollo States is formed from the various ashes of Apollonia.492 - The UAS Riots occur.498 - The UAS Rebellion occurs. The Union of Apollo States declines into anarchy.503 - The Apollo Revolution occurs in the UAS and the FIoJ. Various terrorist attacks occur in both nations.508 - With the FIoJ military deployed out of Jasonia, Yardistani armies come into Jasonia and start looting the nation.509 - Shireroth lays claim to the island of Amity. Relations between the FIoJ and Shireroth become tense as the FIoJ-RS cold war begins.513 - The former lands of the UAS is annexed into Shireroth as the new Dutchy of Kildare. Around this time, the nation of Umoja collapses.516 - Amity Land Crisis. A compromise on Amity occurs as Shireroth offically annexes Amity.517 - Dimensional World War. Sun Tower (City of the Sun) opened and the Wind Song is removed. Pure Evil escapes Eclipse and travels back in time. Wind Song becomes part of the Elemental Seal. Microns begin showing up. Sai’Kar sacrifices herself to trap Pure Evil in the City of the Sun.524 - The New Automatic Republic is formed.527 - The end of the cold war between Jasonia and Shireroth. Project 6 is formed to improve the FIoJ. Begin of Economic Boom.528 - A new holiday, Switching Day, is created in Jasonia.531 - Dark One campaign. Pure Evil corrupts Bill Dusch, who takes over the FIoJ. Resistances forces defeat him, rescue Bill, and destroy Pure Evil in one of mankind's greatest battles against the forces of darkness.549 - After years of looting and the downfall of the nation, President Jason Steffke resigns from his position as President.595 - Infernals invade Micras. Almost all resistances forces are crushed. Jason Steffke, Erik Metzler, and Eoin Dornan form underground gurilla resistance movements.596 - Beam of Hope campaign. Massive allied resistance forces recapture Jasonia and defeat the Infernal last stand at Fort Audentior. Infernals are moped up by regional forces. Sai'Kar Lum'Eth rediscovers Ptia and meets Amy and Empress there.705 - The Shireroth-Jasonia War. The tensions between the rising nation of Shireroth and the falling empire of Jasonia climaxes as Shireroth invades the nation of Shireroth. After days of bombing, Shireroth finally wins by destroying the Antigrav engines of Nelaga, crashing the island to the ground and killing millions. The other islands crash down as well in a coordinated effort by Shireroth. Whatever survivors there were in Jasonia are exiled to Tapfer and found a new city there named New Jasonia. Edited by: Bill3000 at: 8/26/05 0:28

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

good luck man!btw, the islands were named for me?! Wow I feel doubly honoured. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find. Edited by: AngelGuardian93  at: 8/2/05 19:10

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Good stuff, good stuff. Translating this stuff into fictional history ought to be fun.

AngelGuardian93

Yeah it'll make for some great stories. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Partially as "notes to self" and partially as notes to others participating in SSHIT for consideration:-The Third Era is largely untouched at this point from a fictional standpoint, which is good, because it means that it will be easier to shoehorn real events in.-The main points of disparity will necessarily involve the early conception of Shireroth as a republic (which, given that there is an established Kaiserial succession in that era, cannot be true in the fictional history... although we might make mention of a republican movement that had to be subdued) and the mergers Shireroth went through (which are a little harder to deal with.-The easiest way to deal with the mergers might be to ignore them and say that Shireroth remained independent. Desperately at odds with reality, but then, so is everything before the Third Era, so it'll be nothing new.-Another way might be to present the mergers as real, but forced... turn them into a long, proud struggle for Shirerithian freedom from foreign domination. The Official History already has a sort of implied patriotic bias, so this would be in keeping with that style.-As far as incorporating Kildare's... well, pre-Kildari history into The Ages of Shireroth, or at least integrating the two strands, we have to choose what path we want to take. We could, on the one hand, adapt things while keeping them as close in time and sequence to reality as possible. On the other hand, we could be a bit more loose in interpretation, stretching events beyond their actual dates and shifting their order around in order to better fit other themes. Not that there are other themes we want to introduce yet.-Bill, if you could, I'd like you to dig up that timeline you made for your Soloralism work and send it to me... religious associations aside, it should help flesh out the bASC history of what is now Kildare, if I remember correctly that it involves a fictional history of the Apollo Sector.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:-The main points of disparity will necessarily involve the early conception of Shireroth as a republic (which, given that there is an established Kaiserial succession in that era, cannot be true in the fictional history... although we might make mention of a republican movement that had to be subdued) and the mergers Shireroth went through (which are a little harder to deal with.The countries I have seen, through the ASC system, had gone through major revolutions in a matter of ASC years. I don't think it's much of a problem that Shireroth would undergo a revolution and then counter-revolution resulting in the independence of Shireroth once again. Perhaps the line there would be Kaisers-in-Exile?Quote:-The easiest way to deal with the mergers might be to ignore them and say that Shireroth remained independent. Desperately at odds with reality, but then, so is everything before the Third Era, so it'll be nothing new.-Another way might be to present the mergers as real, but forced... turn them into a long, proud struggle for Shirerithian freedom from foreign domination. The Official History already has a sort of implied patriotic bias, so this would be in keeping with that style.Well, there's the matter of Audentior being significant in the fact that it was a merge between the four nations. Perhaps there was a disaster that would bring upon a major decline on Shireroth, forcing it to be part of another nation? This could account for both Audentior and Jasonia. Shireroth can rise again after its independence.Then again, Shireroth did have some independence problems in Jasonia - having a significant movement and the start of its growing power (plus the eventual conquest and defeat of Jasonia) would be an interesting story to place in.Quote:-As far as incorporating Kildare's... well, pre-Kildari history into The Ages of Shireroth, or at least integrating the two strands, we have to choose what path we want to take. We could, on the one hand, adapt things while keeping them as close in time and sequence to reality as possible. On the other hand, we could be a bit more loose in interpretation, stretching events beyond their actual dates and shifting their order around in order to better fit other themes. Not that there are other themes we want to introduce yet.The current dating system is fine. In all honesty, I would rather shorten the dates between the events, but it would be best to keep with the real dates to keep a sense of atunement with real history. I didn't do a lot of research on those dates for nothing. Quote:-Bill, if you could, I'd like you to dig up that timeline you made for your Soloralism work and send it to me... religious associations aside, it should help flesh out the bASC history of what is now Kildare, if I remember correctly that it involves a fictional history of the Apollo Sector.Right. Let me dig it up. Unfortuanatly it's in the old CoD dating system, still out of date from where I want it (In particular, it still has some of the more webesque names for the countries), but I can convert the dates later. Here ya go - bill3000.hypermart.net/Ja...meline.docOne more thing, GMan - it was named that during that particular age. A more proper name would be the Solarian Islands. (Or before the Kingdom of Jasonia broke up the island-continent, Solaria) Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 8/26/05 0:27

AngelGuardian93

im still honored. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Quote:The countries I have seen, through the ASC system, had gone through major revolutions in a matter of ASC years. I don't think it's much of a problem that Shireroth would undergo a revolution and then counter-revolution resulting in the independence of Shireroth once again. Perhaps the line there would be Kaisers-in-Exile?Possibly, except that the time of the actual Republic (not taking into account periods of early inactivity and membership in mergers) lasted between the beginning of the Third Era and about 500 ASC or so, which is over 300 years... a long, long time for such a conflict. Not impossible, I suppose, but the storyline I'm thinking of doing makes it a little difficult to have things last that long. Still, the basic idea could probably be incorporated.Quote:Well, there's the matter of Audentior being significant in the fact that it was a merge between the four nations. Perhaps there was a disaster that would bring upon a major decline on Shireroth, forcing it to be part of another nation? This could account for both Audentior and Jasonia. Shireroth can rise again after its independence.Then again, Shireroth did have some independence problems in Jasonia - having a significant movement and the start of its growing power (plus the eventual conquest and defeat of Jasonia) would be an interesting story to place in.Hmmmmmm. This is true.Quote:The current dating system is fine. In all honesty, I would rather shorten the dates between the events, but it would be best to keep with the real dates to keep a sense of atunement with real history. I didn't do a lot of research on those dates for nothing.Well, we'll see what we can do while sticking to that scheme, then, since I'd prefer to try to keep reasonably close to real history too.And many thanks for the timeline, I'll ponder over it for a while and see if any ideas spring up.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:Possibly, except that the time of the actual Republic (not taking into account periods of early inactivity and membership in mergers) lasted between the beginning of the Third Era and about 500 ASC or so, which is over 300 years... a long, long time for such a conflict. Not impossible, I suppose, but the storyline I'm thinking of doing makes it a little difficult to have things last that long. Still, the basic idea could probably be incorporated.262 was the macronational founding. 509 was the Amity incident - by that time Shireroth was already an Imperial Republic, and it had become independent from Jasonia a bit earlier, right before the UAS period. That's less than 300 years, rather than more, but meh. I thought you said 500 years. Well, this shows the time period we are looking at.We use the ASC system, which uses a single date as a year. By "revolutions upon days", I rather mean more according to the merged AIN (Geez. I need new names for the different eras of Audentior) - Elections had started on the 10th, results on the 11th, when Shireroth seceded. 12th-15th marked the overtake by stodlum as well as the secession of the other provinces. That's a couple of days in macro-time, but a couple of years in ASC time.So there is 300 years. Given the date system that we have, that's a rather healthy lifetime for a shortly-lived nation. If there was a Republic, think of this to be more akin to the Soviet Union - an overthrow of the old tradition replaced with something new by a minority. Shireroth could have a Republican Revolution the same way. And thus, perhaps after the independence of Shireroth from Jasonia, (Or before?) a counter-revolution occurs to reinstill the Kaiser and place tradition in once again. You can easily put the Republic in a relatively negative light if you want it to be nationalistic.Quote:Well, we'll see what we can do while sticking to that scheme, then, since I'd prefer to try to keep reasonably close to real history too.And many thanks for the timeline, I'll ponder over it for a while and see if any ideas spring up.I will try to update it when I can. The basic idea is the same, however - an Audente Empire that, for all intents and purposes, ruled all of Apollonia, as well as what was colonized in Tapfer. Actually, I'm not exactly sure if it should be called an Apollonian Empire or Audente Empire. Audentior did start it, but the national identity of the empire wasn't Audente. I guess you can think of it in terms of Moscow and the rest of the Russian Empire - The Moscow area, right near the historical capital, (Let's ignore St. Petersburg for now) having a culture that is corely based on the capital, while other areas, such as the Ukraine, having their own unique culture. So while Moscow would be considered more "Russian" in the sense that it was the capital, (and the variance in culture from the capital is primarily a fuction of distance from the capital) other provinces would differ. Such is the ways of an Empire, I guess.Still. Audente Empire, Apollonian Empire, or Apolyton Empire? The last one is the most traditional name, (And one that technically can't be used because I wanted to piss off Ryan controlling Audentior, so I told DanQ/MarkG in Apolyton) but Apollonian Empire would be safer. What do you think here?One more thing. In my Soloralist history, magic does exist during the Empire period, and is a major theme in its breakup. Various provinces differing in opinion of magic (The "anti-magic" philosophy of power too strong to use, plus the fact that there is technology - although it's not in the terms of "magic does not actually exist", but rather, "we can do the same things without magic".) The Pro-Technology side wins, and as such by the time nations such as Audentior, Automatica, and the United Demesos pop up, magic is nonexistant and wholely forgotten. (In Soloralism, it is known once again after the Control of Destiny campaign.) However, other fantasy elements, such as other races, or monsters, do not exist in this time period.The rest of the world, of course, does not have to discover magic. But the "Neo-Magic" age I have is important to me. Scott will probably be hostile to it though, which is why I have not included it in the "offical history" - should the theme of magic exist? In Shireroth, it is known that magic DOES exist, it's a matter of using it or not.I'd like to point out here that the usage of magic does not mean fantasy, but that is a point I will bring up later. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 9/3/05 15:28

Return to “Shireroth Standardized History Initiative Team”