Notes on Revival

A project to write and synchronize fiction about Shireroth's past
Allot

Notes on Revival

Post by Allot »

This team seems a bit dead. Raise the lightning rods, Igor! Ahahaha!

1. The Kaisers of Shireroth is VERY outdated. Agni I would be offended that his name appears nowhere there.
2. I propose that this team take on a new objective to generate activity: searching for sites of Shirithian culture and heritage, cataloguing them, and protecting them. In relation to the economy, the SSHIT will then be charged with the task of creating museums where it deems them important and operating them.
3. A Team Leader should be appointed by the Minister of Information, and an actual "team" should be assembled. They should have an agenda.
4. I am out of electricity at the moment. Wait until the next storm.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Austi_Scot

Re: Notes on Revival

Post by Austi_Scot »

You should open such a business.

The Barony of Hallucination is ready to fund an expedtion for the museum.

If I can afford your price.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Allot

Post by Allot »

Doesn't the organization already exist? Or do I need to create a whole new one?
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

SSHIT does indeed already exist, though currently has no members (I considered joining but don't have the time to read through more Shirithian history than I already have). I think Austi may mean the museum.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

Yeah, I meant the museum.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Wonderful!

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

Ahem. Once my reign is over (soon), we should speak. I don't have the inspiration I used to, but I could be pursueded to come back to my position here. Not that I ever really left it.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth
Baron of Dolor and Count of Monty Crisco

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*The double doors at the entrance of the SSHIT office bang open dramatically, Shyriath steps in* Let the revival commence!

Concerning Andrew's points:

1. The state of the Kaiser List is indeed shameful. I will make it my task to properly honor the Kaisers of days past (and present) by bringing the list up to date.

2. The basic idea of creating museums is a good one, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are in implementing it. When we speak of finding and protecting sites of significance, how do we protect them? For old threads within the Shireroth messageboard itself, finding them is a (relatively) simple matter, cataloguing them is just a matter of making links to the appropriate threads... as for protecting them, maybe we create a special museum forum or subforum, and move or copy the relevant thread there. Things would get more complicated if there were something outside the board that we wanted to protect, though.

Also: I know exactly zero about the Shirerithian economy at this point (and less all the time), so how would we get us some :erb by operating the museums? Would it be, as Austi's offer suggests, a matter of patrons funding research? It would be a little hard to charge admission to the museums, I think...

3. Yes, it would probably be a good idea to re-state SSHIT's mission and formally organize a team. I'll sign on again, of course; it looks like Erik's willing; if you're in, Andrew, that'd make three, which is probably the bare minimum for a group to call itself a team with any amount of self-respect (not that that stopped us before). I dunno if three people would require a team leader among them, though, as long as we had a rough division of responsibilities.

I dunno if there's a formal statement of SSHIT's purpose lying around, but of course it's primarily been maintaining an official fictional history of Shireroth. Obviously, taking on the preservation of historical sites would go beyond that scope, so maybe expand the mission to just general historical research and preservation?

4. I'll bring some extra lightning rods and a heavy-duty battery. Next time, we shall be ready.

Andreas the Wise

I can help a bit too, but not that much. You're right, money would come from patronage and from the government paying you for doing this important work. Cataloguing would also be most useful.
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

My problem with SSHIT is that SSHIT has Shireroth existing entirely in a vacuum in its history completely independent of every other nation around it. Khaz Modan empires and Yardistan as a sovergn country, okay, sure. But there's never any mention of Shireroth's true history; of its close friendship that slowly worsened with Jasonia, its merger with Audentior and rebellion there, its confrontational stance during the Infernal War, how it slowly began to take over Tymaria from the inside, and so on. These things actually happened as micronational fact, unlike the grand empires and wars compiled by SSHIT. It has been almost ten years since any of these things happened, but apparently they still don't fit in with the visions of this country's foundation, and that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Bill was notorious for running around producing the lowest quality of historical nonsense, but one thing I always admired about him was the he was trying to incorporate every nation and the real micronational events into his timelines. Not always in the most elegant way, and a lot of people protested at how he portrayed one nation or another, but he was trying, darn it. I found a lot of worth in that and tried to team up with him, but we got completely sidetracked with RPGMakers and ended up with Control of Destiny instead of a historical account of reality. Ah well. Here you have a chance to do things right.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

[quote]But there's never any mention of Shireroth's true history; of its close friendship that slowly worsened with Jasonia, its merger with Audentior and rebellion there, its confrontational stance during the Infernal War, how it slowly began to take over Tymaria from the inside, and so on. These things actually happened as micronational fact, unlike the grand empires and wars compiled by SSHIT. It has been almost ten years since any of these things happened, but apparently they still don't fit in with the visions of this coundo some of that; the main reason it hadn't gotten into the fictional history is because it hadn't gotten that far. The portion of the Ages of Shireroth that was written before I sort of... trailed off, is stuff that's all happened on ASC dates that occur long before the period that Shireroth was really founded. The idea I'd had would be that once the story rolled around to near the beginning of the Third Age, it would start incorporating fictionalized versions of events that actually happened, including the ones you've mentioned.

Considering how long it'll take to get to that point if we take up the story where it is and continue linearly, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to start work on a new section for the Third Age and work on that in parallel, so that stuff can be interpreted into fictional history before everyone forgets it more than they already have.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Great news that we have Shyriath back, although that means that I'll have to lay off Igor. Oh well.

The basic idea of museums is not fully formulated in my mind. Shyriath's idea is a good one, and I think we should have some measure of a historical archive/catalogue in a special forum (maybe inside this one). But that is relatively easy.

Here's where the idea splits off into economics. If we were going to make this a revenue-generating activity (and as Shyriath said, it would be hard to charge admission)... well, I'm having difficulty with this right now. I will apply my brain to this. I don't see a reason for people to fund SSHIT research (I love that acronym too) without incentive. So why would people pay money... hmmm. A quandry. (On a side note, look at my posts on a partnership between SCIRA and SSHIT to re-create historical wars).

Everything that Shyriath said about organization of the SSHIT sounds great, I agree with it.

Great to have you back, Shyriath!
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I always thought that a historical recwar recreation society would be loads of fun.

Andreas the Wise

Several months ago I was looking for historical info on Kildare and quite happy to pay for it, but no one was able to help me ...

You can't rely on that all the time, but still. You'd certainly get government grants for work.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Shireroth Standardized History Initiative Team”