A Statement

Aurangzeb Khan

A Statement

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Fellow Peers,

In recent times what a fate has befallen Elwynn; we have lost some of our best and brightest citizens, we have fallen back into a comfort zone comprised of inactivity and inertia, for too long we have rested on our laurels - contented that we were the largest Duchy and that all was ours by right. Instead we have stagnated - our government has ceased to effectively function, we have fallen behind Kildare, and we have failed to secure Ynnraile for the patrimony, in spite of it being promised to us. Now our enemies south of the river have consolidated once more as this Goldenbrook.

Finally, confronted by the perfidy that is Decree LXXIII I have been forced to act. I declare myself to be the supreme authority in Elwynn, above all laws which shall now be mine to dispose of as I see fit. You shall see what I have set in motion elsewhere, those of you who wish to escape the slaughter that is to come - I invite you now to rejoice and submit to the new order, lest you forfeit all. Those who act prudently and surrender shall be guaranteed their titles and their lands to enjoy. Those who do not may regard the Hour of the Skorpion to be but a foretaste of what is to come.

Be that as it may the ducal diadem falls to me and by the Kharenah of Zurvan I do this day proclaim myself the Duke of the Greater Elwynn.

Return to “Council of Eliria”